Girl Children in America

cranston36

Sep 28, 2006
How many prayers can I say to correct what has gone wrong?
How many prayers would it take to change this vicious course of events?
What actions can I take to fix these horrible things?
A grown man walks into a school and assaults the girl children there. He then kills one and then himself with a high powered gun.
Another grown man a thousand miles away goes into a schoolhouse and attacks a room full of girl children with a high powered gun. Five are dead today. Several others are in the hospital mortally wounded.
The doctors call it being in ‘critical condition’. They say the children who have been attacked by these adults are in ‘critical condition’. That’s the medical term.
What is the human term?
If you watch professional sports why take one minute of just one game to consider how you can change things. You can’t stop what happened already.
It’s worse than a fumble or a missed pitch.
If you own a gun - why not take one minute to think about what could do to change the course of this blood-red rage for senseless violence?
If you are in business why not take one minute of one coffee break to think of a way to stop this baggage from following and permeating our society?
Girl children.
Slaughtered by men.
] For all the noise and dust kicked up about terrorists and the enemy ‘out there’ look at what happened here in the United States. Spawned from home grown hatred and misguided choices and lives that exclude hope.
A Baptist clergyman from Kansas had this to say about the slaughter of the innocents in Pennsylvania, "Those Amish people, everyone is sitting around talking about those poor little girls — blah, blah, blah — they brought the wrath upon themselves.“ He said the Amish "don't serve God, they serve themselves."
Charles Carl Roberts IV killed these girls — Naomi Rose Ebersole, 7; Marian Fisher, 13; Mary Liz Miller, 8; and her sister Lena Miller, 7, Anna Mae Stoltzfus, 12.
Another 6 year old girl was taken off life support so that she could be taken home to die.
Dr. D. Holmes Morton who was working with the 6 year old said, "I just think at this point mostly these families want to be left alone in their grief and we ought to respect that."
Here is a man who worked with the Amish for years and still doesn’t see what is right in front of him.
The Amish don’t want to be left alone. They want you to join them in a life of peace and harmony.
The world is a harsh place as it is but the modern world is filled with things that do not need to be that cause needless sorrow and waste a lot of time.
The handguns that killed these children wasted a lot of time and have caused much sorrow.
An Amish neighbor comforted the Roberts family hours after the shooting and extended forgiveness to them.
What courage before Christ have you shown today that could even come close to matching the compassion and love that was shown here?
It went almost without notice.
Hidden in the howling mob-like news coverage.
The common human experience was nearly quenched in the riot of sound and images just as the lives of these girl children were snuffed out.
But the light shone out.
Do you see it?
What action will you take to make the world a better place? What will YOU do to make this country and God’s world a place where girl children are safe?
It’s up to you.
This happened to your neighbors. People you are bound to protect as an American and a person.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I can tell this has hurt you badly, but there is no way to protect against someone like this. Even if guns were banned he probably would have found a way.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
If you start anywhere start with the media. The same folks that are bringing you news and commentary of these horrific events are platforms for whatever twisted idea creeps its way into some producer's mind. TV and music and movies and the video games techno-factories are creating a fertile ground for monsters. Let's call them Frankenstein's workshop.

cranston36

Sep 28, 2006
I can tell this has hurt you badly, but there is no way to protect against someone like this. Even if guns were banned he probably would have found a way.

You are the only one that detected that. If it has done this to me then what is happening in Pennsylvania? I asked their legislature, 'Some judges there just got a raise. Were you all hoping to make it up to these little girls on the back side by providing them with a heavy dose of justice since you could not provide them their right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?'

There is some way to do it. There is some way to stop it or change it and deflect it. I can see it in the end I just can't see how to get there.

cranston36

Sep 28, 2006
If you start anywhere start with the media. The same folks that are bringing you news and commentary of these horrific events are platforms for whatever twisted idea creeps its way into some producer's mind. TV and music and movies and the video games techno-factories are creating a fertile ground for monsters. Let's call them Frankenstein's workshop.

You're right. The reporting on this has all been what they call 'sensational'. That used to be a good word. I cringed the other day when I went shopping and saw the cover of this week's 'People'.

These children were denied their right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Not to mention the others - like in Columbine and that other school the other day.

You are right again about the music and tv and video games. I have seen few games that teach and really use and exploit the advantages of the medium for good. I don't see any city or civilization recreations. I see 'Heavy Metal' or that one where the kids shoot pimps or cops or even ARE a pimp. The same technology could be used for good. It is almost like it is being done on purpose.

Sometimes I think the people making and marketing these things are insane - like babbling crazy, chop up people insane.

What am I saying? Look at what is happening. War as entertainment.
I think I'm right.

What the heck do we do next?

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Cranston, we can never create a better world in the West as long as our chief entertainments involve crime. We are obsessed with it. Watching it, reading about it, analyzing it, documenting it, playing video games lauched from it. We loathe crime in our public places and homes but then retreat to our living-rooms and obsess over it in movies and news coverage and music that eulogizes the unsavoury. Our kids all want to be gangstas. And frit about like idiots in rap clothes.
If you insist on living in a sewer don't be surprised if some of your companions are rats.
The West breeds monsters as effectively as any outlaw state.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
He killed the girls, it gets talked about on TV because they we're Amish, if it we're to happen at a catholic school either boys or girls, you're less likely to hear about it. I don't believe in God so I don't believe that he has anything to do with people dying or that they died because they didn't believe in God. Religion will always be brought into everything. What happened to them is sad, but you can't stop it people will still find ways to kill others if you ban guns, theirs bows and arrows, knifes, glass, plastic weapons, rocks, ect...

Also when you lose a loved one you want to be left alone and saying that the Amish want you to join them in peace and harmony I don't agree with it because it's religion crap where they assume everyone can live in peace and harmony. As long as people are around peace and harmony isn't possible.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
People can be jerks. That's for sure. But I have to admit that I admire folk like the Amish who really do try to walk the walk. And be better human beings. The streets are full of the forgettable but these folk stand out as being the decent citizens we all want to see living in our communities. If there is a God these would definitely be His people.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
What will you be doing to make this world safer for girl children?
Honestly, nothing. What can you really do, yes i'm a girl but the world wasn't a safe place for me, I was raped and sexually assulted/harassed for 17 years, I was beaten by an ex boyfriend yet I know that I can't do much to change how to make the world a safer place for girls. What about making the world a safer place for boys as well, not all boys are strong and can defend themselfs, just like not all girls are weak and helpless, so I think it needs to a safer place for both boys and girls, but at the same time both genders should learn self defense in case anything happens.

feronia

Time Out
Jul 19, 2006
What will you be doing to make this world safer for girl children?

Cranston I feel your fustrasion. You have no idea how much. I watched a show the other night about the little girl that died in the other school by Platt Canyon High School That little girl gave her parents a gift before she died. Her daddy text her on her cell phone. He asked "R U OK?" Her text back was "I love you guys." Those four words where her last gift to her parents. Those words sparked a movement in her name "Randoms acts of kindness for Emily" http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5028009,00.html It was my goal all weekend. Ok so it didn't stop terrorism but it what I could do. Its all we can do. One act at a time. Just like you're doing now by making us aware and challenging us to be proactive. Your doing something great. Thank you.

cranston36

Sep 28, 2006
You are so right.
You are correct.
You are involved and you have inspired me.
"ex cindilla incendium"
"From a spark, a conflagration."

I will study on this more.