Stock Market Soars to All Time High

Curiosity
Previous high 11,722.98 in January 2000
At 9:39AM ET: 11,724.46 35.22 (0.30%) TODAY

ichart.finance.yahoo.com/b?s=%5EDJI (external - login to view)

Chart would not post here - sorry

tamarin
It's a remarkable story. And one to test the patience of the bears. Housing is the engine of the US economy. Homes have created the equity borrowed and used to fuel this current boom. And US housing is tanking. The market could be giving one final hurrah.
Whatever. The US market does not deserve this interest or investment. Lots of fools running about on deck. We''ll see how long the ship lasts.

Curiosity
Tamarin

Your point is well taken - I have been a successful real estate surfer for a few years selling two homes and investing the profits. I now rent and watch the pot grow - ever fearful black October is upon us....shiver.

Still, my personal donations to the market have replicated themselves dutifully and I think I'll hang in there a bit longer.

It helps to have a good broker standing guard too because I have absolutely NO idea how it works. WC

Toro
The markt is trading at 15x forecasted earnings. That's a bit above the historical average. So it isn't going to collapse because of valuation.

JonB2004
Quote: Originally Posted by Wednesday's ChildView Post

Tamarin

Your point is well taken - I have been a successful real estate surfer for a few years selling two homes and investing the profits. I now rent and watch the pot grow - ever fearful black October is upon us....shiver.

Still, my personal donations to the market have replicated themselves dutifully and I think I'll hang in there a bit longer.

It helps to have a good broker standing guard too because I have absolutely NO idea how it works. WC

Ugh! The last thing we need is Black October.

Curiosity
Ah Toro

The optimistic cheerleader giveth forth with good news....I was hoping you would weigh in....

I'll just shut my eyes and not read October's statement.