I won 60 mln CAD !!! :D

hiAll

Jun 27, 2006
Warsaw, Poland (not for long ;))
Hehe... and then I woke up! :wink: But if it would really happen I'm not sure what to do. Really! Invest all the amount? Spent half on home, cloths, car? Give it all to poor? What would you do after winning a fortune??? 8)

LisNJai

Aug 24, 2006
Alberta
I would pay out my mortgage, and then go shopping for clothes and more clothes for the whole entire family.. Then I would set my kids up, putting money in trust for them, and then I would set out to buy some new vehicles for hubby and I.. and quads for our boys.. I would put alot of it away for them rainy days.. pay off all credit cards.. and Live Happy...

Great question.. hehe

hiAll

Jun 27, 2006
I guess I'd take some money to make my firm larger and put the rest in a bank or sth. And nothing more. The point is that if a man gets too much at once - he gets stupid (no offence to anybody)! I’m afraid not to lose the sense of life after loosing all worries and goals.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
I'd pay off my student loans, invest in retirement, and buy a little house in Wakefield. I'd give money to my mom and brother, and do nothing but draw, play music, record, and relax. I'd probably take a trip around the world too.

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006
With 60 mln, you would be best putting what ever amount you want in an allocation business partnership. Certainly not in a bank or with some "investment broker" instead I would use a company Like Berkshire Hathaway (they have a huge share in many companies Geico being one) the company Warren Buffett made huge, and through which be became the second richest man in the world. He has now also made the single largest charitable allocation. (Something like 37 Billion worth of money/stocks)

Although I would probably put my money in a smaller partnership something where I could have a little more control over the businesses purchased (the difference between this and say a fund or investment broker is when you buy stocks in a company you buy a controlling share of them)

I would also use a significant amount of the money to expand my business much like hiAll.

I would not live quite so thrifty (frugal) but I would not blow a significant sum. I would how ever take a year or two and travel the world before settling down and really getting my own business going.

I would also want to donate and sit on the board of a charitable foundation; I wouldn't easily trust just any foundation.

Although I would probably put my money in a smaller partnership something where I could have a little more control over the businesses purchased (the difference between this and say a fund or investment broker is when you buy stocks in a company you buy a controlling share of them)

I would also use a significant amount of the money to expand my business much like hiAll.

I would not live quite so thrifty (frugal) but I would not blow a significant sum. I would how ever take a year or two and travel the world before settling down and really getting my own business going.

I would also want to donate and sit on the board of a charitable foundation, I wouldn't easily trust just any foundation.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
I would start a bussiness of my own.
I'm quite fed up with working for another guy. I want to work for myself, and I have lots of brilliant ideas. The only thing I lack is such a trifle as - money. :(

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Vereya:
I would start a bussiness of my own.
I'm quite fed up with working for another guy. I want to work for myself, and I have lots of brilliant ideas. The only thing I lack is such a trifle as - money
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didnt have big "pile of money " when I,ve started working for myself ,neither did the majority of sucsessful people who started their own business and who are very wealthy today( I,m somewhere in a middle,,Ha) .If you have a "DREAM" many brilliant ideas ,a lot of convictions ,and determination, a healthy Positive Atittude,then there is nothing stoping you. Don't loose your dream ,don,t share it with ANYONE including your parents( they will try to discourage you, go for it ,DO IT NOW, start small and go forward,don't be afraid to fall down (and it doesnt matter how many times,it's how many times you get up again that counts)No money?, use OPM (other people's money) if you have to , take the fist step , dont only think about it,DO IT NOW ! The only thing that is stoping you from becoming financialy sucssesfull is yourself.WE are who we thing we are,who are you?

hiAll

Jun 27, 2006
Vereya! Listen to china! This is the best tip You can get!
I started my business almost broke. But money isn't everything - idea and enthusiasm equals success! Try asking people to help you, but be careful not to be robbed from Your ideas. I believed in my dream and did everything to make it come true. I found friends, sponsors and other people who helped me and soon my company will have international range. In about seven years I won't need to win 60 mln! So fight if You want to win! Good luck!

CFS

Aug 29, 2006
Alberta
Oh the Fun I'd have trying to spend it. LOL.....
I'd give some to family(huge family on hubby's side) Buy houses in every country I fell in love with. I wouldn't buy a mansion, just Nice houses and more of them, or condo's or what ever I liked, depending on what city, country I picked.

Investments? No idea, I'd probably do another one, or two, I've done 2 before, and not work a minute at any of them would be the plan.

Learn the stock market I think.

AND spend my time shopping, and seeing the world.

The Project Man

Liquer'd Up & Lash'n Out!
Aug 22, 2006
Pennsylvania
Liquidate everything! By a oneway to Puerto Rico. Buy her an open ended ticket, (freedom to send her home). Buy a place outside of Fajardo(north east coast).
Invest in their property market. Big money inspite of the storms and all...