The weirdest questions...

hiAll
I have no idea why a man needs nipples! My professor have the same problem. Well all I know for sure is that we (men) can't be milked. The weirdest thing is that my friend have 3 nipples!!!! REALY !
So? Can anyone answer me (and probably several million of other curious people) please?

Oh! And if anyone have as strange question as this one go ahead and ask! This is a good place for this !

Gonzo
Men have nipples because when they are a fetus they grow them before the fetus becomes a male or female. Plus, wouldn't men look weird without them?
My weird question. If you are a born again Christian do you have two belly buttons?

Said1
Why would you have two belly buttons if you were raised within the Christian faith?

Gonzo
It's just a joke. Born again. That would mean your born a second time. No offence to Christians.

hiAll
There are two belly buttons but second one is much longer than first one and is far lower under belly. (blah)
By the way - why man's most important (after brain) part of body isn't well secured from evils of this world (like being kicked or shot with football ball)?

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1

Why would you have two belly buttons if you were raised within the Christian faith?

I need glasses. I missed the a few words in the last part of your joke. Oops.

Gonzo
It's okay.
To answer hiAll, mans most important body part is easily susceptible to injury because if it was anywhere else then reproduction would be pretty difficult. Can you imagine if it was located somewhere else? Like under the arm?

hiAll
Well... weaving your arm would look like a chicken dance. But still I only need one part of three to reproduce. I wish those two left could be hidden inside me like in women case.

Gonzo
Oh they can, but it's not comfortable.

sine000
haha...guess God created us the same....

The friend you got..3 nipples...eh....deformities....

hiAll
LOL

hermanntrude
men CAN lactate. all male mammals are theoretically capable of substituting for the female in the case of death of the mother. In many cases the father has buggered off or eats the babies instead, but IF he allows the babies to suckle, after a while he will start to lactate. I have read accounts of men lactating, sometimes even without stimulation (one whacko guy "visualised "it into happening... and then decided to stop and did!"

I just read the wickipedia article on it and it seems it's most common during hormone therapies but can also happen due to other stimuli like stress and stimulation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_lactation (external - login to view)

hiAll
:O

hiAll
I only hope I we won't suffer from menstruation!

feronia
I'm being so quiet.

How many stars in the sky?

hiAll
Quiet! I'm still counting!

Liz
About the men lactating.... many newborn babies have milk in their breasts, just like their mothers do. Baby boys and girls. It only lasts a week or two.
I know a guy with three nipples too. And his dad has four!

hiAll
150 - 600 billion stars my friends - hehe! This is how many stars are in the sky!

Now my quastion - there is a place in Oregon where gravity is mad and works in a different way (rocks fly, bottles left on hill road rolls up not down etc.). How does it happen?

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by hiAll

150 - 600 billion stars my friends - hehe! This is how many stars are in the sky!

Nobody really knows how many stars there are, we can only guess, and I believe that might be the current range of guesses for our galaxy. There appear to be billions of galaxies too though. With the naked eye a person with good vision can see around six or seven thousand stars, if my memory is correct.

Quote:

Now my quastion - there is a place in Oregon where gravity is mad and works in a different way (rocks fly, bottles left on hill road rolls up not down etc.). How does it happen?

There's really no such place in Oregon, or anywhere else. There are lots of places where things appear to roll up hills, and they usually get called something like Magnetic Hill. There's one in eastern Canada with that name, in New Brunswick I think. It's an illusion in every case, caused by a misperception of the actual lie of the land. If you get out there with surveying instruments and levels, you'll see that things actually roll downhill as they should.

And that other stuff about male nipples and external genitalia and whatnot: don't expect evolution to be rational or efficient, its processes don't work that way. It'll take whatever path gets the job of successful reproduction done , and it usually turns out to be wasteful and inefficient. Nature doesn't care about that, it's a case of whatever works under the circumstances. You might as well ask why a male produces millions of sperm at a time when one is all that's really necessary.

The answer is for the same reason that sometimes a shotgun is better than a rifle: in trying to hit a small moving target, it's more effective to fill the target zone with projectiles than try to be perfectly accurate with just one. Heh...how's that for a technical description of fertilization?

hiAll
Well, i'm little dissapointed that there are no such places. But i like the shotgun metaphore. ;P

feronia
Quote: Originally Posted by hiAll

Quiet! I'm still counting!

Thanks I needed that. That was cute.

fuzzylogix
Who says men can't be milked????

We women are milking you all the time......

For all you're worth........