Best City in the World?

iARTthere4iam

Electoral Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pointy Rocks
What is best? Hard question because of so many variables. Why not Tokyo?

Most of the great cities I wouldn' t want to live in. I don't like large cities- too many people.

So, Tokyo. World class city filled with lots of history, culture and Japanese women.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
RE: Best City in the Worl

san francisco-montreal-vancouver-mexico(not for his polution though) New york, berlins are my favorites, not in order, just the best that i've been.

Martyr

Jul 21, 2006
O-Town, The "CAPITAL"
Wish I knew?????????

I would have to visit to every city in the world in order to make a judgement. What an awesome profession that would be..."Professoinal City Rater".

Maybe I can get "Macleans" to make an investment :lol: .

Interesting question,
The Martyr

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
My favorite cities:

I like Santa Fe, New Mexico and Durango, Colorado. Not too big, some interesting history and culture and some great natural areas around them for hiking, etc.

My favorite Canadian city is Montreal but I don't like the location. My favorite location is Calgary (why I moved here) but the city is not great but 'OK'. Off to the mountains tomorrow for some hiking in real wilderness but the view of the cranes across the skyline on the ride home is 'blah'.

I've live a few places in Europe and almost everywhere is fine for a year or so but just too many people and too many layers of baggage from history. i need to 'get away' in real nature and not the artificial enclaves they've preserved.

sine000

Electoral Member
Aug 14, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Re: RE: Best City in the World?

athabaska said:
My favorite cities:

I like Santa Fe, New Mexico and Durango, Colorado. Not too big, some interesting history and culture and some great natural areas around them for hiking, etc.

My favorite Canadian city is Montreal but I don't like the location. My favorite location is Calgary (why I moved here) but the city is not great but 'OK'. Off to the mountains tomorrow for some hiking in real wilderness but the view of the cranes across the skyline on the ride home is 'blah'.

I've live a few places in Europe and almost everywhere is fine for a year or so but just too many people and too many layers of baggage from history. i need to 'get away' in real nature and not the artificial enclaves they've preserved.

haha...jus curious...which cities you lived in while in Europe...

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
Re: RE: Best City in the World?

sine000 said:
Hahaha...why does people think cities in Japan are like the best city?
For me it's because their really beautiful and alot safer then most other cities in the world.

humanbeing

Electoral Member
Jul 21, 2006
That's a no brainer... Beardmore, Ontario.

Google Beardmore, Ontario, and behold for yourself a sample of all the wonders and mysteries that are Beardmore.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
London, obviously. It's the largest city in Europe and not so long ago was the largest in the world.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
I like London. It's got everything. Plus I like old buildings and London's chalk full of them. Full of history and art.
But I like Ottawa. It's a big city but you can get to the country in half an hour, on bike. Ottawa's got festivals all year round. It's got the Rideau Canal, the worlds longest skating rink (until global warming does away with winter all together).

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I believe that Victoria,B.C. is the nicest place in Canada in which to live. New York would be the most exciting place and Stockholm the most boring.If you want to live dangerously, go for any city in the Middle East.