Women: Making the world insane!

SaintLucifer
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin

SL, I alternate between laughter and sorrow reading your posts. Do you work in a jack boot factory?

No but I do wear jackboots. You like?

At least my posts provoke a reaction on your part. My job's done.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by SaintLucifer

SL, I alternate between laughter and sorrow reading your posts. Do you work in a jack boot factory?

You are one of a kind my friend.

SaintLucifer

Quote: Originally Posted by SaintLucifer

You are one of a kind my friend.

Why thank you... I think? I am uncertain how to take that. A compliment or a disguised insult?

Vereya
To come back to the topic of this discussion, I would like to say that in my opinion offensive sexist behavior is not a matter of some unequality between genders, it is a matter of education and up-bringing. Sometimes I have to encounter the kind of behavior KellyF wrote about. It always comes from men, who obviously stand on a much lower social level than I do. But these are the kind of men that I don't even see as men, because I am so much above them. Now, if any of my coworkers would look at me and say something like "Great tits!", hearing this from my equal would really be offensive. But I must say that I have never encountered such behavior from a well-educated man from a good family.
And as for the feminist movement, I agree that they are taking it too far nowadays. What they have already achieved is fantastic - being able to get a higher education, to have a career, to participate in political life, to be independent, to make your own choices, to be free in your sexual life is great. These are very important things, things to treasure. But there is a point where the feminists should stop. Women and men are not equal and they can never be. This inequality is not, actually, a social factor. It is a genetic difference, that can in no way be removed. And this genetic difference influences our every day life. For instance, I am not as physically strong as an average man. So it doesn't seem offensive to me when a man holds a heavy door open for me, or when he offers to carry a bag for me. I think that it is the natural kind of behavior. And this is the first thing that comes to my mind. So I think that it's no use trying to equalize men and women.

Simpleton
Quote: Originally Posted by gc

Quote: Originally Posted by Simpleton

You're offering logic that could only be described as retarded. Of course it's not okay for guy's to commit rape. The subject is not about the men (or women) that actually commit rape, the subject is about women that malign and slander innocent men, because they don't get what they want.

What did I say that was retarded? Everything I said was 100% true: you were condemning certain women without condemning certain men. I was simply trying to provide balance, in that both certain members of both sexes deserve to be condemned.

That's the retarded part. You make a retarded comment/observation without ever realizing that you're making a retarded comment/observation. That's two strikes in one ignorant breath.

Seriously though, it would appear that you've fallen prey to the heavily exagerated and intentionally misleading propaganda of the self-righteous feminists. Take Michelle Batty for example. She is the executive director of the Sarnia Sexual Assault Victims/Survivors Centre, or whatever it's called, and she ascertains, through whatever means, that only 6% of sexual assaults are ever reported to authorities. Could you imagine what our society would be like if only 6% of homicides were reported to authorities?

Michelle Batty also gave some statistical numbers to reflect sexual assault cases locally. There were 53 cases of sexual assault in Sarnia court from June 2005 to June 2006. That's an average of about one sexual assault per week. Of the 53 cases, 28 of the accused plead guilty. Six were convicted by a judge or jury, and 19 were acquitted. This is a "disturbing trend" in Ms. Batty's view.

Let's take a closer look at this alleged trend:

Of 53 reported cases of sexual assault, 28 of those accused, accept full responsibility for their actions and admit guilt in a court of law. That's 52.8% of alleged offenders.

Of the 25 alleged offenders fighting the allegations, six are convicted and 19 acquitted. That's a 64.1% conviction rate for sexual offenders in Sarnia. That's not too shabby in my best estimation.

We also know that guilty persons do sometimes go free, but we can't attribute the 35.9% acquittal rate to faults in the justice system. Mainly because sexual assault is a crime that too many young women are very willing to lie about. Whether they be seeking attention, revenge, or concealing their own indiscretions, it has become somewhat trendy for young women to raise false allegations against innocent men.

So in reality, you get people like Ms. Batty, people that don't have a friggin' clue, making the situation worse by exagerating and "spinning" the numbers to support a rather absurd thesis. By recklessly promoting statistical data in misleading ways, Ms. Batty exagerates the hopelessness of getting justice for crimes like sexual assault, and contributes to the problem by inadvertently convincing victims that "coming forward" is a waste of time. And we all know that the only way to improve those numbers, is to bring more legitimate sexual assault cases before the court, and eliminate the whacko crackpots that make false allegations for fun and profit.

gc
Quote: Originally Posted by Simpleton

Quote: Originally Posted by gc

What did I say that was retarded? Everything I said was 100% true: you were condemning certain women without condemning certain men. I was simply trying to provide balance, in that both certain members of both sexes deserve to be condemned.

That's the retarded part. You make a retarded comment/observation without ever realizing that you're making a retarded comment/observation. That's two strikes in one ignorant breath.

That's funny, I asked you to point out exactly what I said that was retarded and you failed to do so, yet I'm the retarded one? I stand by what I said, in my opinion both women who lie about rape and men who commit rape both deserve to be condemned. Once again, please point out exactly what I said that was retarded.