Granddaughter's first two teeth

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Here is Sheila letting us know why she's been a bit cranky for the last few days.

link

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hi, thanks

She is almost exactly five months old.

I'm going to have to re-size that picture---I'm side-scrolling about a foot and a half

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Here is a look at that horrible hockey outfit I bought her. You can see that she is not too impressed.

link

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Missile, ITN,

I thought I was being funny buying that hockey outfit. The huge maple leaves and little tiny hockey players gave us all a good laugh but I have a feeling tha mommy won't have it on her that often.

I don't know about blackmail, but when she's sixteen she might come after me with a baseball bat. :wink: :p

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Hey #juan, is a patriotic grandfather like you aware of this site?

http://www.bornincanada.com/product..._id=1&osCsid=4505d2a2c0107cb4649fcf4ded6753ae

Here's a sample.
:wink:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Would you believe

she already has that bear. We have a picture somewhere of Sheila with it. Her father, is a bigger patriot than I am. If I can find it I'll put it up.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Haha, she has it already? :D

Those big blue eyes are going to drive the boys crazy when she grows up.

Granddad is going to be busy. :wink: :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Granddad is going to be busy

True. In September I get to babysit for a few days while Sheila's parents go to Jack Newton's Bed and Breakfast in Osoyoos B.C.. My wife is going to Europe to search for dead relatives.(geneology) I was going to go but I sniveled out of it. As you are probably aware, my son and I have been amateur astronomers for quite a few years.

astronomy B & B

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
No actually I didn't know that. I have done some astrophotography using my friends telescope and took Astronomy in college, and that's about it. lol

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That B.& B is a neat place to go. It is about a five hour drive from Vancouver You get to look through some really world class telescopes and even take some world class photos. I wouldn't mind seeing his facilities in Arizona.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Being an amature astronomer, I'm sure you have heard of the Keck Observatory on the summit of Mauna Kea in Hawaii. I was there a few years back, you need a 4 wheel drive to get to the 14,000 summit. You also have to stop at 10,000 feet for about 30 minutes to adjust to the thin air. I took a few pictures up there, it was amazing. Literally above the clouds, I'll look for the pictures and post a couple.

If I'm not mistaken Canada shares an observatory there.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
#juan said:
Missile, ITN,

I thought I was being funny buying that hockey outfit. The huge maple leaves and little tiny hockey players gave us all a good laugh but I have a feeling tha mommy won't have it on her that often.

I don't know about blackmail, but when she's sixteen she might come after me with a baseball bat. :wink: :p
My grownup daughters are still bitter about some of the outfits their mother put on them as children; in particular.yellow sleeper sets with the feet and built in trapdoor in the back & the red & green dresses she forced them to wear at Christmas. :D [But,they did look adorable!]

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
My son and I were discussing Keck and the Canada/France/Hawaii telescopes the other night and I bookmarked this site. If you scroll down you will find the CFH telescope.

Keck etc

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Missile

A great aunt to our children, who has since passed on, gave our daughter a sleeper suit that had both a trap door and little wooden duck feet. Heidi was about nine years old at the time. We felt there was at least a small danger that if we left heidi alone with her great aunt, she might try to wrestle her aunt into that bloody duck suit.