Picking Fights

Jersay
So on this Forum or in life do you pick fights you can only win, or do you fight for everything you believe in no matter if you are right or wrong??

dekhqonbacha
I better don't fight.

The conductor
I pick my fights carefully. I make sure that I have all the facts and try to think logically and not emotionally.
But sometimes it just hits the fan and all hell breaks loose.

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by Jersay

So on this Forum or in life do you pick fights you can only win, or do you fight for everything you believe in no matter if you are right or wrong??

Hopefully, if you know something is wrong, you don't believe in it.

Personally, I try to be honest and express my doubts about such things as say Conservative policies, despite the fact I'm a party member.

If that is what you meant.

Simpleton
You should pick your fights like you would your nose. If there's nothing there, keep your fingers away. If there is something there, be sure that you have a place to dispose of it.

Basically, don't fight for something that can never be won. Don't begin a fight that you can't get out of.

Finder
I've picked fights I knew I couldn't win, in forums and out. Just because I know or think I'm right or the cause is right.

Semperfi_dani
I fight when I feel like it. Depends on the issue, my mood, some other moron...

Jersay
I think if you pick a fight for whatever reason if you believe you are in the right you should fight for that issue but if someone says something reasonable that contradicts your ideology you should take that into preception.

dekhqonbacha

I think if you pick a fight for whatever reason if you believe you are in the right you should fight for that issue

I don't suggest that. Everyone is one right for themselves.

Vereya
I never fight, unless someone attacks my beliefs, my principles, people who are dear to me, or myself. But when I do fight - don't let anybody stand in my way!

Jersay
Quote: Originally Posted by Vereya

I never fight, unless someone attacks my beliefs, my principles, people who are dear to me, or myself. But when I do fight - don't let anybody stand in my way!

Cool. Wouldn't want to be in the way of you.

Mogz
I'll fight any issue i'm well informed on. I know I don't know everything, and will quickly admit when i'm wrong. My pet peeve is individuals who speak about something they utterly know nothing about. It becomes ever more of a piss off when said individual is proven utterly WRONG, yet they keep blathering on about it.

Jersay
Quote: Originally Posted by Mogz

I'll fight any issue i'm well informed on. I know I don't know everything, and will quickly admit when i'm wrong. My pet peeve is individuals who speak about something they utterly know nothing about. It becomes ever more of a piss off when said individual is proven utterly WRONG, yet they keep blathering on about it.

Interesting.

Vereya
Quote: Originally Posted by Mogz

Same with me! Another absolutely irritating thing is when a person doesn't listen to everything you have to say on the issue before he or she starts arguing, and in the end it turns out that you are both of about the same opinion, and the disagreement arose just because the other person didn't take time to listen to you.

Vereya

Cool. Wouldn't want to be in the way of you.

That is very wise of you!
Those few who did get in my way in my rare moments of anger, really did regret it