Eat cake or open gifts first?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Big birthday party dilemma. Do kids eat cake first or open gifts first?

The stress of it all!!!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
When our two were young and had birthday parties

we always had the cake last, after the gifts were opened. I used to wrap money(coins) in wax paper and push them into the cake. I made sure everyone got some. In those days it was about fifty cents. Maybe it's not such a good idea any more. The equivalent today would be a couple toonies each. :roll: :lol:

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: Eat cake or open gift

No contest ... prezzies first, then cake. Even if it's chocolate cake ...... I can't stand wrapped presents. Even if they're not for me. You should see me at Christmas! I have to be restrained.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
At my grandkids parties, the cake is the coup de grace..just before the guests have to leave. Homemade ice cream cake was the choice last month[Yum!]

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
missile said:
At my grandkids parties, the cake is the coup de grace..just before the guests have to leave. Homemade ice cream cake was the choice last month[Yum!]

Gedout!! Homemade Ice Cream??? Haven't had that since I was a kid. Yum is right!! Would almost be worth going for that before the prezzies!! ;)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Do not put fifteen 5-year olds in the same room at McDonalds. Trust me on this.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: RE: Eat cake or open gifts first?

Kreskin said:

But seriously. SOrry I didn't see this thread until it was too late. I would have tired to stop you. :lol:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Re: RE: Eat cake or open gifts first?

Said1 said:
Kreskin said:

But seriously. SOrry I didn't see this thread until it was too late. I would have tired to stop you. :lol:

It would've saved me from doing this