Eat cake or open gifts first?

Kreskin
Big birthday party dilemma. Do kids eat cake first or open gifts first?

The stress of it all!!!

#juan
When our two were young and had birthday parties

we always had the cake last, after the gifts were opened. I used to wrap money(coins) in wax paper and push them into the cake. I made sure everyone got some. In those days it was about fifty cents. Maybe it's not such a good idea any more. The equivalent today would be a couple toonies each.

Cosmo
No contest ... prezzies first, then cake. Even if it's chocolate cake ...... I can't stand wrapped presents. Even if they're not for me. You should see me at Christmas! I have to be restrained.

Kreskin
15 kids at McDonalds tomorrow afternoon. Sheesh.

missile
At my grandkids parties, the cake is the coup de grace..just before the guests have to leave. Homemade ice cream cake was the choice last month[Yum!]

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

At my grandkids parties, the cake is the coup de grace..just before the guests have to leave. Homemade ice cream cake was the choice last month[Yum!]

Gedout!! Homemade Ice Cream??? Haven't had that since I was a kid. Yum is right!! Would almost be worth going for that before the prezzies!!

Kreskin
Do not put fifteen 5-year olds in the same room at McDonalds. Trust me on this.

iBubble
Opne pressies first, then sit and eat cake

iBubble
Or eat cake while opening
sticky toys (lickable ) keep em quieter when the kids have left

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin

But seriously. SOrry I didn't see this thread until it was too late. I would have tired to stop you.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1

Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin

But seriously. SOrry I didn't see this thread until it was too late. I would have tired to stop you.

It would've saved me from doing this