Why do People Dislike or Hate other peoples

Graeme
Quote: Originally Posted by Jersay

I'm full of crap.

That's the thing about your two issues. That you bring up. I would be more angry if something happened, yes if a family member including a child but would I be calling for someone's head over it. No. Why? Because I believe that people should get over that BS about an eye for an eye and such like that. Should the government ensure the protection of the public from people who molest people, absolutely. But if you hate someone, you I figure just loose abit of yourself.

I am not saying we shouldn't TRY and forgive, what I am saying is that it certainly isn't the default. and in some cases it may be impossible.

Graeme

Funny thing you mention that we would not survive if hate or dislike of other peoples isn't maintained which is totally sad. And that is what people who don't seem to hate anyone, or dislike other peoples culture, and there are people out there, or their wouldn't be movements around the world to change things like that.

Well the reason is because there will always be someone who will perpotrate. if we don't dislike/hate them we won't do very much to stop it.

Jersay
I'm not trying to forgive and forget people for their crimes. People can be angry I don't dispute that, and anger at times is good. But to have that change to hatred to another human being, of race or of a crime is sad because it is a big step to have a hatred against a group of people or a person.

dekhqonbacha
Quote: Originally Posted by Graeme

Quote: Originally Posted by dekhqonbacha

Tell me, if someone was to hold you hostage and torture you, and then kill everyone you loved and cared about right in front of you.

If you are not a member of criminal group, or drug sellers group, you are not subject to all of unnumbered above actions.

If you don't kill the innocent people you are not the subjec to be the target.

If you don't harm someone, no one will think to harm you implicetly.

Awww isn't that idealistic. So what your saying is that all people are naturally good! I would love to hear your explination for how reciprocal harm begins.

Don't be foolish, people have ambition, sometimes those ambitions are to have what others have and sometimes the only or the easiest way to get that something is to cause harm in some fashion to someone else.

Yes, you are right. People have ambition. I agree with you. But does it necesserily mean harming phisically someone?

It depends where you are.
If you are working in the office, some people will harm you by not giving you chance to succed and etc this kind. Moslty politely to your face but hate in heart.

If you are drug seller, one way to make you harm, is to harm your family (I wish it never happen to anyone). To get rid of you, is just to get rid of you.

Jersay
Quote:

Well the reason is because there will always be someone who will perpotrate. if we don't dislike/hate them we won't do very much to stop it.

No if you get angry at the senseless crime or pressure the government into action then it chances. Hating one person for a crime doesn't do anything. Getting mad and then rationally thinking about something without bringing in a dislike or hatred for another race of people or in a criminal sense a person and try to go for the bigger picture something can be done.

Graeme
CBC Ricks Murphy said this (paraphrased):

"As Canada is a place to freely accept many cultures and ideologies, that may make it more susceptable to harm from those who have extermist ideologies."

Which is a great example of what I am saying.

Swifty
Quote: Originally Posted by dekhqonbacha

The party was wonderful. Dancing, singing, drinking. Gosh, I had great time. ...
Besides, which party you are talking about?
How did you that I was at that party?

All kidding aside:

Quote:

If your neighbor raped your mother and she told you it was him,would you call the police or beat the living crap out of him ?

And suppose you took the civilized route and called the police,and he was found guilty but served only 3 months for it due to a technicality or a police error, what would you do ?

My point is were nothing more than predators.

Jersay

CBC Ricks Murphy said this (paraphrased):

"As Canada is a place to freely accept many cultures and ideologies, that may make it more susceptable to harm from those who have extermist ideologies."

Which is a great example of what I am saying.

But that gets back to the point of it. Why hate everyone from that said religion or culture for the actions of a few??

Graeme

Quote:

No if you get angry at the senseless crime or pressure the government into action then it chances. Hating one person for a crime doesn't do anything. Getting mad and then rationally thinking about something without bringing in a dislike or hatred for another race of people or in a criminal sense a person and try to go for the bigger picture something can be done.

If you are pressuring the government to take action than it just becomes an extension of yourself. Having henchmen doesn't take the onus of responsibility off you. You are still the person who dislikes the other due to their actions and wants justice to come or at least wants the crime to stop.

I don't think you understand, people don't become racist due to one experience. Living at Jane and finch (Toronto) and seeing that every single shooting there is done by a black man, makes you start to dislike black men in the Jane and finch area. You will avoid them and be extra cautious of them. If you weren't I would call you stupid.

If the only Black men someone ever saw were from the Jane and Finch area, and all they ever saw of them was what seems like their insatiable desire to shoot people; You MUST be able to understand how that person could become racist to all Black men/people.

Dexter Sinister
I don't think people actually do dislike or hate people they don't know. They may express it in those terms, but it's really a fear of something different or unfamiliar. It's tribalism, essentially, a recognition that somebody isn't a member of the group you belong to, and is therefore a potential threat. That probably made sense on the plains of Africa a million years ago when we evolved into what we are now pleased to call modern humans. It doesn't anymore, but evolution's built it into us. I think that's really what's at the heart of racism, and religious bigotry, and many other ills that beset the world. But the greatest thing about the modern human mind is that it enables us to step outside of things like that, go beyond them. We can choose to accept each other as we are, warts and all, and deny the baggage of our evolutionary biology.

But too few of us do that.

Jersay

Quote: Originally Posted by JersayQuote: Well the reason is because there will always be someone who will perpotrate. if we don't dislike/hate them we won't do very much to stop it.No if you get angry at the senseless crime or pressure the government into action then it chances. Hating one person for a crime doesn't do anything. Getting mad and then rationally thinking about something without bringing in a dislike or hatred for another race of people or in a criminal sense a person and try to go for the bigger picture something can be done.If you are pressuring the government to take action than it just becomes an extension of yourself. Having henchmen doesn't take the onus of responsibility off you. You are still the person who dislikes the other due to their actions and wants justice to come or at least wants the crime to stop.
I don't think you understand, people don't become racist due to one experience. Living at Jane and finch (Toronto) and seeing that every single shooting there is done by a black man, makes you start to dislike black men in the Jane and finch area. You will avoid them and be extra cautious of them. If you weren't I would call you stupid.
If the only Black men someone ever saw were...

Quote has been trimmed
That is your opinion, and I happen to be to Jane and Finch and I have seen black people and white people and I still go about a person to person thing. I'm not going to hate the black community or all black males for the action of a few.

Quote:

I don't think people actually do dislike or hate people they don't know. They may express it in those terms, but it's really a fear of something different or unfamiliar. It's tribalism, essentially, a recognition that somebody isn't a member of the group you belong to, and is therefore a potential threat. That probably made sense on the plains of Africa a million years ago when we evolved into what we are now pleased to call modern humans. It doesn't anymore, but evolution's built it into us. I think that's really what's at the heart of racism, and religious bigotry, and many other ills that beset the world. But the greatest thing about the modern human mind is that it enables us to step outside of things like that, go beyond them. We can choose to accept each other as we are, warts and all, and deny the baggage of our evolutionary biology.

But too few of us do that.

I agree with your statement Dexter Sinister.

unknown
hate is a very wide spread topic there could be many reasons for one person to hate another, much hate stems from ignorance, another large portion of hate is born of violence, hate can be passed on for generations through entire societies, or within 2 feuding families. these are only vague generalizations of reasons for hate, as i said its a very broad topic that can be answered by a hundred people in a hundred different ways