Why do People Dislike or Hate other peoples

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Now I had a huge argument with my parents yesterday based on the fact of those terrorist suspects and all other stuff that is going on in the world and such. However, like i stated in a post so long ago, why can't one normal human being treat another normal human being, no matter the race, skin colour, ethnicity, gender, colour of hair, colour of eyes, religion and on and on.

Now this is not directed at anyone in particular, an it effects everyone because in every community in the world you will have someone who will say or will act in anger against another community based on what was said above.

So why is there this hate, or dislike, or fear of another person that may be different to you.

Why can't one human being be friends with another human being no matter what their differences may appear because on the DNA level we are not that much different.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Jersay said:
Now I had a huge argument with my parents yesterday based on the fact of those terrorist suspects and all other stuff that is going on in the world and such.

Well I'm glad we aren't the only people your frustrating. :)

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Besides, it doesn't really matter when I get back into the house or not. But this is an area that think is important.

Because when I go about life I take a person as a person, and about 99.9% of the time if I meet people I like them. And when I do go traveling in a few years, I am going to have the same mindset.

So why do people dislike, hate, or fear different people??

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Surely there are people you don't like, Jersay.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Actually no. I don't dislike anyone. Now when I was in Air Cadets there were two people that you could say i didn't like because to me they abused their power. But now thinking about it, they were just doing their job the way they thought it should have been done and it was'twhat i thought the way it should have been done.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Re: RE: Why do People Dislike or Hate other peoples

Jay said:

I try not to think that way about disliking people in general. Because I don't see the point. I might not like what the Israeli government does to the Palestinians, but if I met an Israeli government official, I am sure that I would like him or her personally.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O Yep. I bet even Adolph had some likeable qualities. I mean, just cause ya start a war where about 10 million folks bite it don't mean your'e basically not a nice guy.

Hell, I could even cosy up to Count Vlad, or maybe Ghengis. I think I Kan...............grrrrrrrroan :roll:

:idea:

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: RE: Why do People Dislike or Hate other peoples

Jersay said:
Jay said:

I try not to think that way about disliking people in general. Because I don't see the point. I might not like what the Israeli government does to the Palestinians, but if I met an Israeli government official, I am sure that I would like him or her personally.

I have that problem too, hate the sin love the sinner - blah, blah. I really should use more discretion and lose that ability to get along with very difficult people - when I want to of course. :lol:

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton
RE: Why do People Dislike

To answer your question, its because we don't have to like everyone in the world.

I know that seems simplistic, but we grow up with some fundamental intrinsic thoughts.

1) That the fit survive, so therefore, who ever is in power is therefore the fittest. If you are not in the power chain, than you resent those that are. And if you are at the top, you can't sympathise with those that don't take the steps to improve their situation.
**Now the problem with that lies in that what does one consider powerful or less powerful?. How do you measure that? In a way, there are multiple levels in which people assert their power and give up their power. There is the basic family group in which for example, the older brother might be resented by the younger brother for all that he has to gain. In a larger level, things like religion (with sayings like "our religion is the true religion"), culture "our culture is the strongest culture", regions "our country is a leader, your's isn't"...and so on down the road.

2) Our values, norms and societies define who we are. So therefore how we get along in society depends on where we percieve ourselves in society. And what cards we are dealth.

So my point is that in theory, it sounds good to just get along with everyone. But how we grow up shapes our views and the silent interchange of power that is exchanged in society every day.

Unless we are all the same culture, relgion, gender, socio-economic class with the same education and income, there is no possible way that we can all be judged on an equal footing. Therefore, there will be those that are at the top of the percieved heap, and those at the bottom. And how you percieve your level is based on your own values.

3) Borders, relgion, money, politics. We will never agree on that level.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

Oh, and the other thing i would add....

If you don't like your neighbour because his dog barks, than its perfectly acceptable to hate your neighbour and noone thinks twice.

If you don't like someone because they have fundamental views that differ from you, than therefore that is considered intolerant.

That fine line of what we define as like and hate is thin.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

mabudon...but noone gets their arms up in the air when we curse the senior counting pennies in the express lane, or when we hate the fucker who took advantage of you in some way, or the secretary that fucked with your husband, or the politician who swindled millions of tax payer money...etc etc.

Thats all acceptable hatred, rational or not. Its that universal "yah, hes a fucker" response that everyone feels they must agree.

But if you don't like the person based on religion, culture or any other bizarre benchmark for hatred, than its intolerance, even if you never act on it. Its that unacceptable hate.

So what is the differentiation in acceptance of hate, if all is based on irrational reason and in most cases, you don't act on it?

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Re: RE: Why do People Dislike

Semperfi_dani said:
To answer your question, its because we don't have to like everyone in the world.

I know that seems simplistic, but we grow up with some fundamental intrinsic thoughts.

1) That the fit survive, so therefore, who ever is in power is therefore the fittest. If you are not in the power chain, than you resent those that are. And if you are at the top, you can't sympathise with those that don't take the steps to improve their situation.
**Now the problem with that lies in that what does one consider powerful or less powerful?. How do you measure that? In a way, there are multiple levels in which people assert their power and give up their power. There is the basic family group in which for example, the older brother might be resented by the younger brother for all that he has to gain. In a larger level, things like religion (with sayings like "our religion is the true religion"), culture "our culture is the strongest culture", regions "our country is a leader, your's isn't"...and so on down the road.

2) Our values, norms and societies define who we are. So therefore how we get along in society depends on where we percieve ourselves in society. And what cards we are dealth.

So my point is that in theory, it sounds good to just get along with everyone. But how we grow up shapes our views and the silent interchange of power that is exchanged in society every day.

Unless we are all the same culture, relgion, gender, socio-economic class with the same education and income, there is no possible way that we can all be judged on an equal footing. Therefore, there will be those that are at the top of the percieved heap, and those at the bottom. And how you percieve your level is based on your own values.

3) Borders, relgion, money, politics. We will never agree on that level.

I still don't know why. Why because there are people who don't go on that so called norm.

Yep. I bet even Adolph had some likeable qualities. I mean, just cause ya start a war where about 10 million folks bite it don't mean your'e basically not a nice guy.

Hell, I could even cosy up to Count Vlad, or maybe Ghengis. I think I Kan...............grrrrrrrroan

:?: :?:

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

But im serious Jers.... I am not saying this on the sly. I am seriously wondering why there are acceptable hate and unacceptable hate.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Re: RE: Why do People Dislike

Semperfi_dani said:
But im serious Jers.... I am not saying this on the sly. I am seriously wondering why there are acceptable hate and unacceptable hate.

What i want to know is why people hate other people at all. Why? You say about unacceptable and acceptable hate. And I agree, because I have seen it my self but why is there hate at all?

Swifty

May 19, 2006
Basically most of us are just one step above the animal kingdom.
And at any time depending on our circumstances, any one of us could move one step below the brain of a hyena. http://www.awf.org/wildlives/141

As you get older you realize this.
We all are a victims of our surroundings.

If your neighbor raped your mother and she told you it was him,would you call the police or beat the living crap out of him ?

And suppose you took the civilized route and called the police,and he was found guilty but served only 3 months for it due to a technicality or a police error, what would you do ?