What did you want to be when you grew up??

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
So i was wondering, what did you want to be when you grew up and did it come true. Are you now in the profession that you wanted to be in back when you were a kid.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I wanted to be a crimminal profiler. And that's what I am, when I watch that show and the various CSI progams. :lol:

But seriously, I changed my mind after seeing some of the realities involved, now it's more of a hobby.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: What did you want to

I really, really, really wanted to be a milkman, no word of a lie, as a little boy I wanted to be one, now thinking back, it would have had some perks......free milk, free "extra's" from all those lonely wifes

still.........there's always time yet :)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
missile said:
I wanted to be a notorious gunfighter & wound up working most of my life as a postman.

8) Been there, done that, got the old LCUC T shirt. 29 years. Retired 2003.

Small world eh wot :?: :!:

Just curious but:

1. Do you believe that CUPW was the worst goddam thing that ever happened to letter carriers?

2. Do you think Bob McGarry was on a personal power trip, really thought the LCUC could win the representation election, or did the prick sell us down the river?

3. Did you ever just line up on a poodle, terrier, lab, that had you in their sights, and boot them halfway across the street? :evil:

4.Did you ever have the urge to confront the 5th person who asked if it was "cold enough for you?" on a -35 day, and kick em right in the groin?

5. Were you ever known to carry a piece of pipe wrapped in newspaper for "aggressive" canines?

6. How many times did the fingers on your "carry" hand turn white in the winter.??

7. Is it really great to meet an old friend and pass the time of day, and talk about the home folks so many miles away? Or is that bullshit too? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards:

FugglyUggly :idea:

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
I wanted to be an NHL superstar.... came close too, except for the total lack of skill and athleticism. :p

glossprincess

Electoral Member
Feb 5, 2006
I'm going to be an events coordinator :D Just gotta get through 5 years of university first..........

glossprincess

Electoral Member
Feb 5, 2006
What an aspiration!! Actually, my first ever dream was to be a princess......then a pony........then a hairdresser...........then a princess again.........now a wedding planner! So really, my latest dream doesnt sound so far-fetched in comparison lol

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I'm happy with my career in the military right now. But the first occupation I ever wanted to be was a Palentologist. Then a Police Officer, then a Fire Fighter.

But my main goal now is to be a good soldier become a U.N peacekeeper and become U.N Secretary General.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
RE: What did you want to

Since I was in Grade 2 living at Workpoint Barracks in Victoria I wanted to be in the Army. Came true, go figure :)

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
So I am glad, a few people finally did what they wanted to do.

But for all the people who haven't made it yet, I've got the easiest task, becoming U.N Secretary General.