Word whores

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Yup, you read the title correctly. I hate word whores. For those of you that don't know, a word whore, is someone who rips off another persons sayings and/or words and uses them as their own. A great example is online handles. Take mine for example, Mogz. Smart, sexy, sophisticated, the perfect name. In actual fact, Mogz is a hybrid I made going on nine (9) years ago now when I was big in to online gaming. I was playing under two names, and one day decided to join them, and Mogz was born. However these days, everywhere I go, I see Mogz this and Mogz that. I try to register for something with the username Mogz, taken. It's Bullshit. Why can't people be original? Can't you come up with your own clever screen name without ripping off nearly a decade of online gaming and tomfoolery cast by my hands? I have offended countless people under the handle of Mogz, and my bad name is getting a nice reputation on some blog sites. I especially love the blog site I ran across last month, with it's own resident Mogz. As it would turn out, I emailed the individual inquiring as to where they got the idea for the name and it just so happens to have been a person I played Dark Forces II:Jedi Knight against, on a regular basis, like a million years ago....we're talking back before my nuts even dropped. She stole my name, and she's screwing with my chi. Talking about flowers and nail polish, all the while using the name Mogz! I hate it. Just so we're clear, if you're ever talking to a Mogz and he/she isn't offending you and/or being an utter jerkwad, then it isn't me. We good on that? Great. I hate word whores.

So that just about wraps up my time...

EVERYONE GET BACK TO WORK! SCHNELL!

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Well I've been using my name for ever... Welll ever since I came onto the net, around 1997ish, Finder was born. I started to use it as my chatting name at www.chathouse.com in the eastwing rping section, in 1997. Got onto Icq and kept the name as my user name, so I've kept on using it as my forum name and so on as well.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
The internet makes one realize how hard it is to be truly original. Type in anything that you THINK you made up yourself and you'll usually come up with some hits.

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
Mogz
you are right most people cannot come up with new ideas and use the ones they like.

I think the nick name one uses reflect that person's opinion. If the nick name is nice, we may expect the person to be nice, if the nick is stupid, we might expect stupic person. Of course this is my opinion. I have chatted with some people thinking in advance their reaction. How come? The nick they choose reflects their ideas.

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
I gotta edit a lot because first I type, then I post, and finally I check for vocabulary, punctuation, spelling mistakes; and I find one mistake I correct then I submint then I check again for mistakes, and I find another one.

That's why to many times edited

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Re: RE: Word whores

darkbeaver said:
<snip> darkbeaver ... don't be an ass. Cosmo

I really wish the mods of this place would stop trying to sugar-coat everything. You should have left that for me to read Cosmo, it really makes my day when I read things that are utterly childish by a man old enough to be my father.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

dekhqonbacha said:
Mogz
you are right most people cannot come up with new ideas and use the ones they like.

I think the nick name one uses reflect that person's opinion. If the nick name is nice, we may expect the person to be nice, if the nick is stupid, we might expect stupic person. Of course this is my opinion. I have chatted with some people thinking in advance their reaction. How come? The nick they choose reflects their ideas.

:wink: Sure Dekhqonbacha:

I'm gonna change mine to a nice name like .........Ted..........lets see.........Ted Bundy. That's a nice name. Has a certain ring to it.
I would most certainly be nice with an innocuous name like Ted, Ted Bundy.

Or maybe "stupic" person..........Nah, apparently it's taken.

Or maybe; YoungHandsomeSmart. Yep, that's more like me. I just thought up OldnUgly to throw everyone off the track. :roll:

Ah, think I'll keep mine.

UGG :idea:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Mogz said:
darkbeaver said:
<snip> darkbeaver ... don't be an ass. Cosmo

I really wish the mods of this place would stop trying to sugar-coat everything. You should have left that for me to read Cosmo, it really makes my day when I read things that are utterly childish by a man old enough to be my father.

Acctually I'm old enough to be your grandfather, but that's just mechanics, my DNA could never have produced a limited edition like you. What you feel is childish is the product of your tenderness, and in anycase who the phuck wants to grow up, it just leads to death. :lol:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Dark Beaver speaks true. Death come. Everybody. In spite of what Chief Dan George says, it's mostly a shitty day to die. Most days that is.

Ugg.

I choose to ignore the friction entre DarkBeaver and Mogz. In a perfect world they would be brothers.