25-35 years old 8 16.33%
35-50 years old 18 36.73%
50-75 years old 8 16.33%
75 years old and older 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

dekhqonbacha
'tech generation' seems to be wrong.

noodles
I'm 50 years young,the 'oldest' kid in the 'hood'!

MissAmz
22 in november

sha_zapple
yeesh, such hostility from all the old folks!

I suppose the poll sofar does show me to be wrong, although political discussion forums would have a higher average age than most. Young people do come to forums a lot, just not these kind.
My parents just arn't interested in forums although they are computer literate. Both my parents are over 50 and have plenty of free time (my dads on ebay most of the time!)

dekhqonbacha
sha_zapple
tell them to join us here.
Here is good place for discussion various topics, including political news, non-political news, science, philosophy etc

sha_zapple
Most of us youngins (my friends at least) dont seem to be interested in political discussion (the main reason why I joined, although I've read other parts obviously).

From the automotive enthusiast websites I visit (in my sig) Id guess the average age would be 25. It definitly depends on the content of the webpage, but on average I still think a forum user would be 35.

mabudon
33, as far as I remember, I have trouble remembering exactly how old I am since it never really matters for anything anymore

I am a bit surprised myself by the age of some of the members here, I thought I was one of the "old guard" but apparently I ain't nowhere near that... COOL

dekhqonbacha
mabudon
if you don't know your age exatly, then click the range 20-25 years old. That way our share would be little more.

mabudon
LOL naww, if you saw a pic of me you'd likely tell me to go high on the estimate

dekhqonbacha
well, then on photofantasy make it look younger, then you will feel younger too.

iBubble
28 YEARS

skinzer
I'm 18 and will be starting my second year of university in September.

Finder
Quote: Originally Posted by skinzer

I'm 18 and will be starting my second year of university in September.

which university?

dekhqonbacha
De Montreal?

skinzer
Quote: Originally Posted by dekhqonbacha

De Montreal?

No, University of Ottawa.

lo2
I am like infinite years old!

Quite impressing, huh?

dekhqonbacha
I forget to put in the poll infinite years, and unborn. Next time I will put them

Andem
Well, I can say I'm not in the current majority (35-50 years old 28% [ 10 ] )

lo2

I forget to put in the poll infinite years, and unborn. Next time I will put them

Yeah you better do that next time!

dekhqonbacha
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Their share is declining steadily. Soon, maybe they will not be majority any more.

noodles

Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Their share is declining steadily. Soon, maybe they will not be majority any more.

HA! 'WE' wil always be the majority! Cuz WE got the $$$$$$$$

dekhqonbacha
Quote: Originally Posted by noodlesView Post

HA! 'WE' wil always be the majority! Cuz WE got the $$$$$$$$

now you are, unless someone cheated

Curiosity
I don't belong to forums to find out personal information from people unless they choose to share it in their posts of interest.

Age has nothing to do with a person's intellect - and that is the most fascinating thing to me on a forum - the varying degrees of interest and opinion. How a person spends their days in the here and now or how they have learned from an interesting life is far more worth a good read than the number of years since they were born - which means very little in the portrait of an individual.

Tonington
Thats very true, I've come across pre-teens who have better conversation skills and etiquette than many much older than they are. Part of it is not being able to see who you're talking too.

Normal person+anonymity+audience= total arsehole. ( I stole that from a Penny Arcade comic)
It's so true.

Curiosity
Tonington

I came off as a snob on that one - but I see many people choose to disclose their age and gender and family status as they feel comfortable with it. Often people write the kind of work they do and where
they live - but it is a matter of getting to know someone - like a neighbor. I wouldn't ask my neighbors their ages because they wouldn't give me cookies and homemade soup any more!!

When I first moved into my digs I broke my arm unpacking boxes in my garage...ever since then people are giving me gifts, moving my garbage can back up the driveway, bringing me books to read and my arm is healed but I'll never let on about it..hahaha.... people really enjoy getting friendly on their own terms ... and who cares when they were born?

Riyko
To get back on the original topic

I'm 20

s_lone
I'm 25 but I feel both younger and older than that...

Curiosity
Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn more boring numbers which don't mean squat.

jimmoyer
How about 7 square plus one ???

Having gone around the sun THAT MANY times, I'm a little dizzy, but a snug aluminum foil cap
and a saran wrap lawn chair holds me tight.

I'm strappin' in.

Wait ?

What ?

Signal coming in....

Curiosity
JimMoyer

Are you sure the guys at the doctor's office didn't lose some equipment in ya???? hee

About this numbers racket the kids want to play.... When I turned 95 I started going backwards. Can't remember how many years ago it wuz tho

no new posts