How to get married?

Inlove

May 21, 2006
Montreal
Hey guys! Had anyone any experience with russian girls? I want to marry one. Does anyone know anything about how to marry in Russia and what will it take to get her here?
Thank you in advance of possible help!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You want to marry a Russian girl?

Do you mean any Russian girl, or what? Maybe you could put a personal add in Pravda. I'm sure Russian girls are great but why would a Russian girl want you for a husband? What do you have to offer?

Inlove

May 21, 2006
Montreal
Well I mean a special girl. The best girl in the world. The one I love. I just need to know technical side of the process.

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
You'll go to ZAKS.
end of story. :)

Can you wait until Wednesday?

By Wednesday night I'm gonna ask someone. I know how it works, but I've been here for long time and things have changed the last 5-10 years. I might be wrong is some details.

I'll the person who is still in contact with her tradition.

Okay?

You aren't in rush? :)

Inlove

May 21, 2006
Montreal
no I mean the woman I allready know. And I just want to know if someone had allready go through the process couse Russia seems weird they never really explain what they want out of u and change documentation list every 5 minutes. Crazy.

glossprincess

Electoral Member
Feb 5, 2006
Ohhh ok, sorry, you didnt make it very clear in your first post so I was confused! Ummm, cant help you out I'm afrid. But best of luck with it all :D

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Do you plan to get married in Russia or in Canada, Inlove? In case you marry in Russia, you go to a ZAGS together with your fiancee, you write a statement there, saying that you intend to get married, and you both sign it. Ordinarily, they schedule the marriage ceremony in a month's time from the date you signed your statement, giving you a chance to change your mind. :) The date of marriage can be scheduled sooner, if you bring a medical certificate, stating that the girl is pregnant. In that case it takes about two weeks. But these are the ordinary procedures, that are applied when two citizens of Russia are getting married. I am not sure how it will work in your case, if you are a citizen of another country. I can't tell you how long it is going to take, but knowing Russian officials as well as I know them, you will encounter every possible obstacle. So just be patient. Probably, you could get married in your embassy in Moscow, but I am not very sure about it, too.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
It could be hard for the girl to come to Canada.

The Immigration requirements have seemed to change over the last few years. I am not overly familiar with the latest regulations, but I do understand that it is not easy any longer to bring in one's bride from another country. A gentleman I know recently married a Filipino lady and she is still back in the Philippines awaiting her entry papers from Canada. Based on what he has shared with me, it seems there is a financial obligation on the part of the person sponsoring a potential immigrant that has to be met before Immigration Canada permits that persons' entry into the country.There are probably many other such regulations regarding this matter. My best advice would be not to seek information on this forum, but instead to contact your local Immigration office and get the information first-hand from them.

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
i think guys who go for mail order brides are losers and wacked. whats wrong with getting a good canadian girl anyway? or cant they get one so they have to buy a wife from somewhere else? i mean, these girls are only looking for a ticket to canada so how would you know they really love you anyway?its like something i think the government should make against the law cos its kind of like slavery if you think about it.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
2 mapleleafgirl:
May 21st, 2006 09:46 PMInloveWell I mean a special girl. The best girl in the world. The one I love. I just need to know technical side of the process.
Do you know anything else of their story to say what you did? Or, maybe, you know the girl and are sure that she doesn't love him in return? Such off-hand judgements as yours make me sick. I can just as easily suppose that a foreign girl got your boyfriend, and this statement of mine will be just as much justified as yours was.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
i married a canadian, came here as a visitor, and received my permanant residence status just a few weeks ago. had to leave and re-enter but that's no big deal.

it wasnt easy but it's straightforward. fill in the forms, pay them and a doctor a considerable sum of money so they can tick some boxes and grab your balls respectively, wait a few weeks and voila.