Do you have a favorite poem or quote, or line?

selfactivated
There are two big forces at work, external and internal. We have very little control over external forces such as tornados, earthquakes, floods, disasters, illness and pain. What really matters is internal force. How do I respond to those disasters? Over that I have complete control.

~Leo Buscaglia~

Sassylassie
I read this one to my nieces, girl power and all that stuff.
sabel met an anormous Bear
Isabel, Isabel didn't care
The Bear was hungry the Bear was ravenous
The Bear's big mouth was cruel and cavernous
The Bear said Isabel , glad to meet you
How do, Isabel, now I'll eat you.

Isabel, Isabel didn't worry
Isabel didn't scream or scurry
She washed her hands and straightened her hair up
Then Isabel quietly ate the Bear up.

Curiosity
Quotations by Alan Watts

But my dear man, reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know. (external - login to view)

I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is. (external - login to view)

Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth. (external - login to view)

Faith is, above all, openess; an act of trust in the unknown. (external - login to view)

selfactivated
Spider Woman.

Spider Woman, it is said, in ancient times wove up the world. She wove the world together with fibers of light and fibers of power so that a great web was created around the earth. One of the images that I talk about often in my spiritual work is that when you are moving, creating, dancing on the web in one part of the world, all the rest of the web moves wherever it is around the world. If someone is being negative on one side of the world, you feel it in some inexplicable way. If you are creating beauty and power, that also goes out on the web, like a pulse of energy that recreates itself around the world. How interesting, and of course, synchronistic that we now have a web site.

~Lynn Andrews~

TenPenny
'A thunderstorm', he thought
'Of course'
And toppled gently
Off his horse

selfactivated
If we do indeed seek to bring peace to the world, we can do it by first bringing peace to ourselves. A person cannot give what they do not have.

~Thomas D. Willhite~
Living Synergistically

Senator Bixby
"Life's a bitch .... and then you go bald."

- Senator Bixby