Best place you've ever been??

glossprincess

Electoral Member
Feb 5, 2006
I still want my travel section dammit!!

Oh well.....where's the best place you've ever been? Its a toughie for me cos I've been to so many awesome countries......I guess my faves would be Paris, London, Pompeii, Hawaii and the Great Barrier Reef. Aaaargghh its been so since I've travelled! I'm making myself jealous just from talking about this!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
My wife surprised me with tickets to Cancun/Cozemel for my birthday about five years ago. Cozemel was perfect. We went in the middle of March and the beaches were almost deserted, the weather was gorgeous, the food was perfect. On the way home I bought a huge bottle each of Kalua, and Bacardi dark for about six dollars each.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Would it be fair to say, Glossprincess, that you've been around??

Well travelled I mean.

The Rocky Mountain foothills, big sky country of Montana, some of the trout streams in New York State, our very own North Ontario bush country....My faves.

Thank god it's spring.

Soon to get into yon canoe and not see a computer again till fall.

Cain't be too soon; Im gettin cranky!!

:idea:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The Forks Dam......a high point over a river in Albert County NB. Lousy with white-tailed deer and ruffed grouse, the river full of trout. Gorgeous, rough country.

glossprincess

Electoral Member
Feb 5, 2006
oldnugly said:

Well travelled I mean.

Yep, I love getting around.....travelling, I mean ;)

I've been to France, Switzerland, England, Denmark, Austria, Germany (for a day!!), Hungary, Italy, The US (only LA and Hawaii), Fiji, New Caledonia and ummmm.....a few places in Australia. I'm pretty damn lucky, I know! But actually, most of those places I went to by myself while on gap year.

But I can NOT wait to add Canada onto my list!!!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
glossprincess said:
oldnugly said:

Well travelled I mean.

Yep, I love getting around.....travelling, I mean ;)

I've been to France, Switzerland, England, Denmark, Austria, Germany (for a day!!), Hungary, Italy, The US (only LA and Hawaii), Fiji, New Caledonia and ummmm.....a few places in Australia. I'm pretty damn lucky, I know! But actually, most of those places I went to by myself while on gap year.

But I can NOT wait to add Canada onto my list!!!

Wait until you see Lake Louise (near Banff).

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
oldnugly said:
our very own North Ontario bush country....My faves.

We often go to Temagami and sometimes Burks Falls.

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
favorite non canadian places ive seen

paris
barcelona
venice
santorini
kyoto
berlin
san sebastien
seattle
arches national park-utah

--- many more cant decide

glossprincess

Electoral Member
Feb 5, 2006
Ohh, I'd love to got o Barcelona!! Isnt Paris incredible?! Did you visit the catacombs?! I wish I had but I just didnt get time for it!

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
San Francisco California.

Best place I have been so far. Second though would be Toronto, Ontario Canada, I love the city, and if I could make it my home I would.

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
Best places I've been in the last couple of years are Montreal and Barcelona. Cities change and these two are really finding their own identities right now. New York is always great as well. Quebec City Too.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I would have to say that every place I have been to holds its own unique qualities, which is a testament to the diversity of our planet.

When I feel laid back and just want to enjoy interactions with good people, hands down is Atlantic Canada and parts of the Southern United States.

Venice is a great place if you don't mind waking up to a flooded hotel.

Munich was very interesting to me, especially a very scary ride on a cable train up a mountain.

Zurich reminded me of something out of the movie Amadeus, classical music being played in the streets, absolutely beautiful.

I hold a special lace in my heart for Alaska, America's last frontier.

The Big Island of Hawaii was also something spectacular, a mix of fire and water.

I have been to Australia but did not travel much other than Melbourne on a New Year's Eve, I remember teasing my friend and referring to it as Sleepy Hollow.

Greece has rich history and beautiful islands.

Ireland,UK, France, Italy, Belgium, Holland, US Virgin Islands, Aruba all great places.

I've always wanted to go to Sweden, Eastern Euroe, Norway and Russia, hopefully by next year I'll do that.

Sometime after that I hope to hit China and Japan.

But I have always held one dream since I was a kid, a two week expedition to Antarctica. Ships sail from Pantagonia a few times a year.Maybe before I kick the bucket.