Best place you've ever been??

glossprincess
I still want my travel section dammit!!

Oh well.....where's the best place you've ever been? Its a toughie for me cos I've been to so many awesome countries......I guess my faves would be Paris, London, Pompeii, Hawaii and the Great Barrier Reef. Aaaargghh its been so since I've travelled! I'm making myself jealous just from talking about this!

#juan
My wife surprised me with tickets to Cancun/Cozemel for my birthday about five years ago. Cozemel was perfect. We went in the middle of March and the beaches were almost deserted, the weather was gorgeous, the food was perfect. On the way home I bought a huge bottle each of Kalua, and Bacardi dark for about six dollars each.

Nuggler
Would it be fair to say, Glossprincess, that you've been around??

Well travelled I mean.

The Rocky Mountain foothills, big sky country of Montana, some of the trout streams in New York State, our very own North Ontario bush country....My faves.

Thank god it's spring.

Soon to get into yon canoe and not see a computer again till fall.

Cain't be too soon; Im gettin cranky!!

Colpy
The Forks Dam......a high point over a river in Albert County NB. Lousy with white-tailed deer and ruffed grouse, the river full of trout. Gorgeous, rough country.

glossprincess
Quote: Originally Posted by oldnugly

Well travelled I mean.

Yep, I love getting around.....travelling, I mean

I've been to France, Switzerland, England, Denmark, Austria, Germany (for a day!!), Hungary, Italy, The US (only LA and Hawaii), Fiji, New Caledonia and ummmm.....a few places in Australia. I'm pretty damn lucky, I know! But actually, most of those places I went to by myself while on gap year.

But I can NOT wait to add Canada onto my list!!!

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by glossprincess

Well travelled I mean.

Yep, I love getting around.....travelling, I mean

I've been to France, Switzerland, England, Denmark, Austria, Germany (for a day!!), Hungary, Italy, The US (only LA and Hawaii), Fiji, New Caledonia and ummmm.....a few places in Australia. I'm pretty damn lucky, I know! But actually, most of those places I went to by myself while on gap year.

But I can NOT wait to add Canada onto my list!!!

Wait until you see Lake Louise (near Banff).

Jay

our very own North Ontario bush country....My faves.

We often go to Temagami and sometimes Burks Falls.

glossprincess
OMG I know!!! I've seen pictures....I cant wait!!!!

JonB2004
Montreal and Banff.

glossprincess
Is Banff just as beautiful in the winter as it is in the summer?

cortezzz
favorite non canadian places ive seen

paris
barcelona
venice
santorini
kyoto
berlin
san sebastien
seattle
arches national park-utah

--- many more cant decide

JonB2004
Yeah, Banff is beautiful all year round.

glossprincess
Ohh, I'd love to got o Barcelona!! Isnt Paris incredible?! Did you visit the catacombs?! I wish I had but I just didnt get time for it!

Toro
I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone.

Toro
Edinburgh, Dubrovnik, Paris, New York City, Vancouver, New Orleans, the Florida Keys, the Grand Canyon.

glossprincess
Ohh JEALOUS! I wanna go to Scotland! And Ireland....and not just for the men

fuzzylogix
Easter Island and the Galapagos and Nepal-- all tied for best

Jersay
San Francisco California.

Best place I have been so far. Second though would be Toronto, Ontario Canada, I love the city, and if I could make it my home I would.

sanch
Best places I've been in the last couple of years are Montreal and Barcelona. Cities change and these two are really finding their own identities right now. New York is always great as well. Quebec City Too.

I think not
I would have to say that every place I have been to holds its own unique qualities, which is a testament to the diversity of our planet.

When I feel laid back and just want to enjoy interactions with good people, hands down is Atlantic Canada and parts of the Southern United States.

Venice is a great place if you don't mind waking up to a flooded hotel.

Munich was very interesting to me, especially a very scary ride on a cable train up a mountain.

Zurich reminded me of something out of the movie Amadeus, classical music being played in the streets, absolutely beautiful.

I hold a special lace in my heart for Alaska, America's last frontier.

The Big Island of Hawaii was also something spectacular, a mix of fire and water.

I have been to Australia but did not travel much other than Melbourne on a New Year's Eve, I remember teasing my friend and referring to it as Sleepy Hollow.

Greece has rich history and beautiful islands.

Ireland,UK, France, Italy, Belgium, Holland, US Virgin Islands, Aruba all great places.

I've always wanted to go to Sweden, Eastern Euroe, Norway and Russia, hopefully by next year I'll do that.

Sometime after that I hope to hit China and Japan.

But I have always held one dream since I was a kid, a two week expedition to Antarctica. Ships sail from Pantagonia a few times a year.Maybe before I kick the bucket.

glossprincess
Oh. MY. GOD.

You've been EVERYWHERE!!! I now officially hate you ITN. My wrath shall follow you to your grave!

Jay
Yes with the internet ITN can go anywhere.... :P

he hasn't left his apartment in 14 years

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

Yes with the internet ITN can go anywhere.... :P

he hasn't left his apartment in 14 years

I can see it's pick on ITN for you today Jay, well you have me till noon, and I have you.

Jay
It's pick on ITN day everyday...I've just let up a bit latley because you cried last time I picked on you and it made me feel bad. :P