Becoming a Writer: Its hard damn it

Jersay
Well not only am I a Canadian soldier, since my sister keeps saying that she is a better story writer than I, even though she has never completed one of them except the one that we completed together 8 years ago called Short Stories and Poems that appears in the National Library of Canada.

So I have decided to write a book.

A horror book. And even though I have thought about it like what I want to write about, it is not appearing on paper. Why can't I have a computer that types itself for what I have to say.

fuzzylogix
Hey cool- having a story published. I am in the middle of my dramatic novel---not telling you what it is about though cause I might see it in print under your name first! Maybe you could do a horror story based on a forum-----and someone is bumping off people who dont agree with his/her posts......

Jersay
Interesting.

If everyone is willing to give their forum names I will pin it on zoofer and say its based on a true story.

aperion
Quote: Originally Posted by Jersay

Well not only am I a Canadian soldier, since my sister keeps saying that she is a better story writer than I, even though she has never completed one of them except the one that we completed together 8 years ago called Short Stories and Poems that appears in the National Library of Canada.

So I have decided to write a book.

A horror book. And even though I have thought about it like what I want to write about, it is not appearing on paper. Why can't I have a computer that types itself for what I have to say.

you could try one of those voice recognition programs that type out your dictations. Also why a novel try writing a screen play-- they are only 120 pages long and potentaially a lot more money

fuzzylogix
Quote: Originally Posted by Jersay

Interesting.

If everyone is willing to give their forum names I will pin it on zoofer and say its based on a true story.

Who is Zoofer and why do we get to pin stuff on him/her?

Amik
Quit p'sing and moaning and get to work. Surfing the internet isn't going to get you published, and nobody here feels one bit sorry for you. :P

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by Amik

Quit p'sing and moaning and get to work. Surfing the internet isn't going to get you published, and nobody here feels one bit sorry for you. :P

What Amik said

Screenplay sounds more like it. Quick bang (figuratively speaking) for the buck

Jersay

Add Amik to my story and ensure long torture session.

As an update I have completed a short 3-page story and I am trying to contact publishing firms and other people who you know do books with like 200 or 300 tiny stories from different authors in it.

So first story completed

April 12th 2006

Published

Unknown when.

Also I am writing another story that I plan to make 22 chapters. I have completed a proloque and Chapter 1. Yeah.

FiveParadox
Hm ... I should write a book, too!

A romantic adventure, with Aaron and Seamus ... and their unending struggle against oppression, coupled with an unending love for each other ... ah, I can see the raving reviews now! Jersay, I'll read your book if you read mine! :P

Jersay
Fine.

However, mine is horror.

FiveParadox
Mine might be to some people! :P Haha! It's true, isn't it?

Jersay
Agreed.

FiveParadox
Actually, I am coming up with some good ideas at the moment.

Sure, it may not have a huge audience, but I think it would be fun to try to write something. Thank you, Jersay I think you have inspired me! Might take me one or two years, but I'm determined to crank something out and expect dedications to certain prominent Canadian Content members!

Jersay
Good.