Gone for awhile.

Colpy
I haven't posted here much lately, I have been a little pre-occupied.

Now I'm going to be away for a week, taking a course necessary for my new job as firearms trainer for my armoured car company.

When I get back, I'll be back.

missile
Perfectly understandable under the circumstances.See you soon

Finder
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy

Now I'm going to be away for a week, taking a course necessary for my new job as firearms trainer for my armoured car company.

damnit, a neo-con is leaving for awhile... what will I do... *opens a bottle of champaign*

JoeyB
where's my glass???

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by Finder

Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy

damnit, a neo-con is leaving for awhile... what will I do... *opens a bottle of champaign*

I guess I will have to work extra hard to make up for his absence...

Stay safe Colpy.

JoeyB
LOL @ firearms training and 'staying safe'

I love double entendre...

No shooting ppl pls colpy, life is precious, and you don't want to go to jail either

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeyB

LOL @ firearms training and 'staying safe'

I love double entendre...

No shooting ppl pls colpy, life is precious, and you don't want to go to jail either

Put away the bubbly, boys.......
I'm back!

Speaking of firearms and safety..............in NB, PEI, and NS our company employs about 100 people.

The first thing we do when we go to work is arm ourselves with loaded handguns. The last thing we do before we leave work is put these handguns away (unloaded, of course). We carry loaded shotguns in our vehicles.

About three quarters of our employees are on the road. They spend about a quarter of their time in the office, loading and unloading trucks, etc.

So, if you add up the person-hours spent armed, and the person hours spent on vehicles , our company employess spend twice as many person-hours armed as they do traveling in vehicles.

In the eight and 1/2 years I've been there, there have been 3 accidents with firearms. (accidental discharges). No one, that's NO ONE was harmed.

Driving in vehicles?

1 dead
2 on permanent disability
4 with broken bones.

minor injuries too numerous to mention.

WHICH IS MORE DANGEROUS? Guns or vehicles?

Vehicles.

Infinitely more dangerous.

Finder
A sh*t, I mean welcome back Colpy.

Your right Colpy we should ban those noisy poluting cars too. I'll stand beside you on this one.

missile
If we were all the honest citizens we claim to be,there'd be no need to transport money in armoured vehicles,along with armed guards..but we have a nasty tendency to rob and steal

Finder
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

If we were all the honest citizens we claim to be,there'd be no need to transport money in armoured vehicles,along with armed guards..but we have a nasty tendency to rob and steal

I don't think anyone claims we live in a society which is currently honest. I do however think that many of us think the goal for society should be honesty and peace. *knows he sounds like a tree huger right now and cringes*