Urban Legends

missile
I like the one about the alligators supposedly living in the sewers of New York City.

Haggis McBagpipe
Or the hook, remember the hook? When I was a teen, it supposedly happened in Stanley Park, but I know the legend lives on wherever there's a park.

Then, of course, you have the Corvette sold for a song.

missile
Is that the one that someone died in it, and the smell just wouldn't go away?

Haggis McBagpipe
Yup. It sure is. Funniest part is, I have had people tell me that story, swearing it is true because it happened to a mutual friend's friend. Of course that is an important aspect of an Urban Legend, it always happens to a mutual friend's friend.

Dexter Sinister
There are giant, mutated, extremely potent marijuana plants growing in the sewers of New York from all the stashes that have been flushed over the years when police come to the door.

But nobody can get near them to harvest them because of the alligators.

#juan
In the fifties there was a man who invented a carburetor that would make your car go two hundred miles on a gallon of gas. Unfortunately, those nasty oil companies bought up the patent to keep it off the market.

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister

There are giant, mutated, extremely potent marijuana plants growing in the sewers of New York from all the stashes that have been flushed over the years when police come to the door.

But nobody can get near them to harvest them because of the alligators.

That's not an urban legend, I do that once a month with my diving gear

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

That's not an urban legend, I do that once a month with my diving gear

missile
Did I mention that they are supposed to be albino gators? There are many tales of younguns dying in a car while making out[usually told to daughters to encourage them to stay virginal], but I do know of a neighbour girl who died this way. it was in the Winter,and they had left the engine running ..the tailpipe had been covered with falling snow and they died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Oddly enough, she was considered the good girl in the family

Haggis McBagpipe
Well, the very best friend of the sister of a cousin of a friend of a friend put a fallen-out baby tooth into a glass of Coca Cola, and the next morning it had dissolved!

#juan
The Late Night

A man had stayed out too late again and was afraid his wife would be angry. On the way home he decided he'd sneak in the bedroom window and ravish her before she had a chance to be angry or notice the time. All went as planned and afterward he went downstairs to get a snack from the kitchen and saw his wife on the couch in the livingroom. "What the Hell are you doing down here?" he cried. "Sssssh, your mother's sleeping upstairs in our bed!"