Restaurants, little kids & noise. Lots of noise.

Haggis McBagpipe
What do you think about parents who bring out-of-control kids into restaurants, letting them be overly loud and disruptive? Does it drive you nuts or do you feel tolerant?

If you're a parent, are you militant in your belief that it's your god given right to be there as much as the next person? Or are you a parent who demands that your child be properly behaved and would remove the child from the premises if things got out of hand?

What do you think of restaurant owners who will only allow well-behaved kids . . . or won't allow kids at all?

zoofer
How can a body feel tolerance after blowing $2.49 on a cheeseburger only to have some screaming banshees disrupt one's feast?
If one wants to subject themselves to that kind of torture then one might as well order a curried meat pie and beer where they are playing rap noise on the nickelodeon.

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by zoofer

How can a body feel tolerance after blowing $2.49 on a cheeseburger only to have some screaming banshees disrupt one's feast?

I'll bet your tolerance level doubles when it's a twofer night, though.

Kreskin
I completely appreciate how noisy out of control kids can drive people nuts. It drives me nuts too. I have a 5 year old and I ensure that she is not disruptive to others. I brought her up that way and usually I don't need to remind her.

Here's my caveat on this. I have some tolerance when the place is McDonalds. If people don't want to hear kids having a good time, even loud time, then they need to use the drive through and eat in the car or drive home. The restaurant is designed for kids. But if the restaurant is more upscale, i.e. a quiet adult oriented place, then I have zero tolerance for loud kids.

zoofer
Aye that it does. The euphoria of a freebe Cheeseburger seems to shut out anything over 60 decibels. Think of a zener diode in each ear, clipping off noise spikes.
Then there is the brain anomaly which reroutes the optic nerves to the extremities before reaching the cortex in the male bain.
Any kiddy noise is directly inversely proportional to the mothers cleavage.

Kreskin

I'll have to pay more attention to this.

missile
I don't mind their noise. But, when they throw food at me.... Things happen!

cortez
Parents should listen to the kids whether it is in a restaurant, movie, store......Those kids are saying: Take me home o selfish parent, I dont care that this is your five minute free time to relax eating a juicy cheeseburger.. Im tired and i wanna go home...

cortez
[quote="Kreskin"]

I'll have to pay more attention to this.[/quote

I think Zoofer means:Tolerance of kiddy noise is directly proportional to the mothers cleavage

Toro
Tolerance of a woman by a man doing pretty much anything is directly proportional to her cleavage.

(Just kidding girls!)

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Toro

Tolerance of a woman by a man doing pretty much anything is directly proportional to her cleavage.

Which is, of course, because men are such deep thinkers.

My good god, by these rules, a scantily-clad DDer's kid could pretty much burn the place down and all they'd find in the ashes the next day would be the remains of men too mesmerized to move away from the flames.

Toro
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

Quote: Originally Posted by Toro

Which is, of course, because men are such deep thinkers.

something, something, something...

Haggis.

Could you please repeat that?

I wasn't paying attention.

I was distracted...

Curiosity
Proving yet again - men seem to be more inclined to sexual fantasy in early morning hours..... hahaha.

cortez
Wednesdays Child- you tantalizing icon, you...........

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Wednesday's Child

Proving yet again - men seem to be more inclined to sexual fantasy in early morning hours..... hahaha.

The early morning hours . . . and the mid-morning hours . . . and the early afternoon hours . . . and the etc., etc.. I am trying to think of what hour they aren't more inclined.

<edited to correct typo that would have resulted in immediate and hilarious reaction!>

Curiosity
Cortex

Thank you - glad you are enjoying it!!

Haggis

Well it is often "morning" all over the world at certain times of the day .... :P

We can thank Mother Nature in all her wisdom!?!

Haggis McBagpipe

Well it is often "morning" all over the world at certain times of the day .... :P

Now if science could only make it morning 24-hours a day in Sweden. . . .

Curiosity
Haggis...........um isn't the summer all daylight???

But then the winter is all nightlight.... hmmmmmmmmm

I'd take the winter - the hockey players would be there - and the Zambonis all charged up!

cortez

Cortex

Thank you - glad you are enjoying it!!

Haggis

i have been discovered

when i first joined this forum i actually meant to type CORTEX
but i suddenly was distracted by --- you know what............... and i made a typo i havent bothered to correct....

Curiosity
Cortez

I typed it that way on the Gollywog topic too...but realized I had made the same error in this thread as well.

My apologies...you can mess up my name too if you want.... :P

I think Cortex suits you too -

Sassylassie
Screaming kids in a resturant: They are screaming little snot monsters, I give them the evil eye and often mumble brat when I walk by their table. I'd fork them if I was allowed but that would really piss off the parents.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by cortez

Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin

I'll have to pay more attention to this.

I think Zoofer means:Tolerance of kiddy noise is directly proportional to the mothers cleavage[/quote]

LOL. I thought that the quiter the kids were the larger the scenery was likely to be. Perhaps they were better nourished as toddlers

But yes, we can tolerate just about anything under the right circumstances. Heck, some of us even get married.

Libra Girl
Quote: Originally Posted by cortez

when i first joined this forum i actually meant to type CORTEX
but i suddenly was distracted by --- you know what............... and i made a typo i havent bothered to correct....

Imho the typo was fortuitious cortez.. cortex sounds so much like unattractive lingerie, whereas cortez sounds mysterious and colorful.

Nuggler
Cortez was an explorer (you knew that) and kicked some serious *** albeit amongst some poorly armed natives, found gold, did some brave mosquito ridden stuff, spread disease, did some genocide,.......a damn good name Yay for Cortez

Our kids were (for the most part) well mannered and quiet when "dining out" with mom and pop. Partly because they had been brought up to respect others and their right to peace and quiet, but probably mainly cause they knew it would take at least fifteen minutes for the police to come and rescue their sorry asses if they got completely bannanas like the little dip****s sitting across the aisle who should have been gagged and hog tied.

We never cared too much for out of control kids, still don't. So much for the serious answer.

Libra Girl
Quote: Originally Posted by oldnugly

Cortez was an explorer (you knew that)

No, no.. I assure you I didn't..

Quote:

...but probably mainly cause they knew it would take at least fifteen minutes for the police to come and rescue their sorry asses..

Ouch!

Nuggler
Ouch![/quote] Libra:

Never happened..........never woulda..........Never beilieved in accomplishing something with brute force which you could achieve with the Chinese water torture

JOKE JOKE JOKE

Haggis McBagpipe

Never beilieved in accomplishing something with brute force which you could achieve with the Chinese water torture

Did I hear 'Chinese water torture'?? Why, I have some in Torture Room #52. Come right this way, please. . . .

cortez

Cortez was an explorer (you knew that) and kicked some serious *** albeit amongst some poorly armed natives, found gold, did some brave mosquito ridden stuff, spread disease, did some genocide,.......a damn good name Yay for Cortez
We never cared too much for out of control kids, still don't. So much for the serious answer.

DAMN GOOD NAME INDEED

cortez
Of course, your assumption is that my namesake is Hernan Cortez, and not Gregorio Cortez..... I shot the sherrif....

cortez
[quote="cortez"]

Cortez was an explorer (you knew that) and kicked some serious *** albeit amongst some poorly armed natives, found gold, did some brave mosquito ridden stuff, spread disease, did some genocide

i believe you are describing the conquest of canada by the british
arent you?