favorite bears

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
oopps- i meant favorite beers

as you can see ive already had my favorite breakfast beer -dos equis
which has an interesting name-----since ive had dos dos equis.--
be careful how you order this in mexico ---once i ordered in my impecable spanish quatro-dos eqius- they brought 42 beers to the table---i could only drink 30 of them.

seriously my staples are corona in the summer and guiness in the winter

what are some of your favorite beers

what do you drink and why do you drink it?

and do you REALLY think canadian beer is better than american beer?- isnt that a myth?

Toro

Senate Member
Yes, cortez, as a former beer salesman, I can tell you its a myth.

Because Bud and Labatts and Molsons and Miller and 2 eckies are all COOKING BEERS! They're crap! I am an unabashed beer snob! Comparing those Cooking Beers is like determining Canadian food is better than American food because A&W is better than McDonald's, while never trying a fine filet mignon or Kobe steak!

My favourite beer is Big Rock Traditional Ale.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
A FORMER beer salesman? Now that sounds like a promising business- the doorbell rings and there is a guy with several crates of great beers to sample and then you get a case of your favorite!!!!!!!

I'll have to see if I can get Big Rock Traditional Ale up here!!!!!

Toro

Senate Member
Yes, cortez.

One is a popular guy when you have 9000 cases of beer in your warehouse!

Big Rock is out of Calgary. You should be able to get it anywhere in Canada. Or at least, in a country with a logical beer distribution system you can get it.

I have to bring it back when I'm in Canada. Still got one can left in the fridge from Christmas.

My wife went up to Canada yesterday. She asked if I expected her to bring back a flat of Big Rock for myself. I said, "If you love me."

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Well, Sassylassie, as you know by now, I rarely contradict someone else's opinion, but I MUST protest the statement that beer sucks!!!!!!!! Although I bet your hair tastes good!!!!!! Has anyone ever told you that????

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I've lost my taste for beer too. I always get friggin drunk when I drink it. What do they put in that sh...

When I do have one I prefer that rotgut from England. I can't remember what it's called but it's so horrible I've grown accustomed to it.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
You rinse the beer out of the hair, it's called an acid rinse. Sorry but I can't even stomach one sip of beer, yuk, double yuk. I also don't like chocolate, there I said it out loud.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Sassylassie said:
You rinse the beer out of the hair, it's called an acid rinse. Sorry but I can't even stomach one sip of beer, yuk, double yuk. I also don't like chocolate, there I said it out loud.

I can eat 5 pounds of chocolate in one sitting if no one is watching.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
I was gonna try some Molston in toronto but the cute bar girl......who looked and sounded like the woman in my avatar said it was crap.....I didnt wanna argue...:)

besides....what america calls beer is what the uk mostly calls lager

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Sassylassie said:

Then you REALLY wouldn't like the chocolate beer I made in the basement one time-- the recipe said to add a spoonful of chocolate, but I couldn't believe that would be enough so I added a couple of cups. Now, THAT was yuk, double yuk!!!!!

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Sassylassie said:
I also don't like chocolate, there I said it out loud.

You do know that is a bannable offense, don't you? 8O And possibly illegal in this country?

As for the Very Serious Nature of this thread, I like Guinnes, Dos Equis, and just about any microbrew beer.

I think years ago it could have been said that Canadian beer was better than American beer, but it isn't so today because all the microbreweries, both sides of the border, make good beer.

Say, does anybody remember Uncle Ben's beer?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The Criminal Code of Canada said:
318.1. (1) Every one who expresses or promotes a dislike for chocolate is guilty of an indictable offense and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years.
The Terms of Service said:
xv. Members are required to like chocolate, and may be summoned by the administrators of this Web site to advocate for the public love of chocolate at any time; any member who refuses such a request is liable to be banned without notice.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
I do not drink anything fermented,
but I have been told beer is "piss water",
at least as far as north american brews go.

As for chocolate,
Do you buy chocolate, ethical chocolate, or that sugar and dairy laced poison sold as "chocolate"?
If I ate chocolate, it would be pure ethical chocolate only.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I only eat chocolate that has no artificial or real flavours added. If chocolate is such poor quality that it requires 'flavours' to spruce it up, then it isn't worth eating. Lindt chocolate (plain milk chocolate) is good, and of course Bernard Callebaut chocolate is literally something I'd die for. In fact, I need some. Tonight. Right now. Ten minutes ago.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
I must point out that you have my great great great grandfather Cortez to thank for bringing the cocoa bean back to Spain from Mexico! You may send chocolate to me as your tribute, but like Haggis, I accept only the finest.....well, actually, I'll eat any chocolate.

And Toro, I wish to confess that I and a few other people I know who have had chocolate chicken, think that this is the most disgusting inedible dish in the entire world, and that anybody on the favoorite dinner site who took me seriously and who is now serving up chocolate chicken as a special meal for their loved ones......sorry.......