What is your favorite store? What stores to you hate?

Sassylassie
Cosmo, dare I ask what type of store Lush is? Remember it was not to long ago that you were wearing fur, driving your truck to the LC and tossing beer cans onto the street. Wednesday don't get me started on the tax man, my other half sorts his receipts out into two bags-Sobeys for personal items and Super Store for Business. i bought him a lovely brief case does he use it? Yes for golf balls. Haggis you should write a murder Mystry using the members of this forum. Think of the fun.

missile
I once gave away 7 cartons of books to the local library. I was very surprised that they would even accept all those Harlequin Romances,but I would have hated to toss even those into the trash. They belonged to my late wife. Another time I gave my entire collection of science fiction magazines to the University here..25 years worth of Analog and F&SF.

Daz_Hockey
Cor now youve got me started.......
here's what I found while in north america..and a bit in the uk
Walmart: HUGE - Cheap electricals.....but a bit too cheap if u ask me, Albertons: not bad, hard to find though (try some Dr. Power it tastes JUST like Dr. Pepper)

Safeway: ARGHHHHH IT'S SAFEWAY DUDE!!!!...(sorry safeway went bust in the uk and was bought by a company called Morrisons and r trading under that name now, so I was surprised to find it)

oh yeah, I highly rate Arby's (there was only ever 1 in the uk...and it's in my hometown) and according to my Winnipegian room-mate Frank I should love Best Buy...is this true people of canada?

Curiosity
Sassy

Cosmo made a link to Lush and I just hit it and found the story of my life....

Your bag is empty

Hahahaha.....talk about intimidating... that one needs to improve oneself!!!

I didn't venture farther into the girly stuff because a light bag travels faster!

I wonder if it's copyrighted - I'd love to use it for
my signature!

I think not
Actually Wal Mart wiping out competition seems to have a certain appeal to me.

MMMike
My favourite stores... not necessarily in order:

The Beer Store
Best Buy
Home Depot
Canadian Tire
Chapters/Indigo
Pet Store (for browsing only!)

I hate discount stores or dollar stores! I hate WalMart - not for their corporate modus operandi, but for the atmosphere and the smelly dirty people everywhere. I hate the shopping mall - I can last about 10 minutes before I fly off the deep end.

MMMike
Quote: Originally Posted by Sassylassie

Cosmo, dare I ask what type of store Lush is? Remember it was not to long ago that you were wearing fur, driving your truck to the LC and tossing beer cans onto the street. Wednesday don't get me started on the tax man, my other half sorts his receipts out into two bags-Sobeys for personal items and Super Store for Business. i bought him a lovely brief case does he use it? Yes for golf balls. Haggis you should write a murder Mystry using the members of this forum. Think of the fun.

FiveParadox killed Haggis with the candlestick? I like it... I like it alot <<<evil laugh here>>>>

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by MMMike

Quote: Originally Posted by Sassylassie

Haggis you should write a murder Mystry using the members of this forum. Think of the fun.

FiveParadox killed Haggis with the candlestick? I like it... I like it alot <<<evil laugh here>>>>

FiveParadox blinded me with colours, but even blind I can stumble my way to the torture room that has your name on it, Mike. And think, those tools in the hands of a blind person! With you as the Guest of Honour!

You know, Sassy, your idea is a pretty darned good one. Especially when I get to the part about our Mike. javascript:emoticon('')

Hank C
Quote: Originally Posted by MMMike

My favourite stores... not necessarily in order:

The Beer Store
Best Buy
Home Depot
Canadian Tire
Chapters/Indigo
Pet Store (for browsing only!)

I hate discount stores or dollar stores! I hate WalMart - not for their corporate modus operandi, but for the atmosphere and the smelly dirty people everywhere. I hate the shopping mall - I can last about 10 minutes before I fly off the deep end.

Its not soo much the smelly people at wal-mart....as that everything is from China (might explain the smell).... I rarely go there anymore. Why they hell would I want to support a china...ya know

seriously they should change the name to the china-mart

zoofer
All that talk about about old books..
I tried for a year or two to find Tinkerbelle by Robert Manry.
Didn't search very hard but I even looked in most golf stores. You never know whats hiding among those Callaway Irons!
There is an online version which I just googled.

www.clevelandmemory.org/ebook.../contents.html (external - login to view)

The conductor
I like going to small local stores in my neighbourhood. The local record store across the street, the local Polish bakery and the India food take out place. But for the larger shopping we try to find small out of the way places to buy stuff.
My favourite large store is The Bay. I love shopping there.

I detest shopping at Wal-Mart, it has the personality of a cement factory. All those big box stores I try to avoid. The crowds, screaming kids, SUV strollers, etc. Maybe I am getting old and set in my ways, but I hear enough noise in one day.
I am trying to talk my girl into buying more stuff on-line verus shopping.

Toro
I hate the Beer Store, apart from it having beer.

The conductor
But its where the beer's are!!!

Toro
Funny, that.

The Gunslinger
Best Buy- all the coolest things you could ever want, as well as DVD's... oh God so many DVD's. I can't go there and spend less than $50.

Canadian Tire- They've pulled my *** out of the fire so many times I've lost count. Where else can you buy car parts at 8 PM?

Sobeys- I work there, what can I say? Plus, working there pays my way through school

Costco- Like Wal-Mart raised by an order of magnitude. Juts a good store

Nuggler
Canadian Tire and I have "issues". Too many flyers advertising stuff they have on "STANDING ORDER". Still pretty neat outdoors dept. and tooooooooooooools tooooooooooooools .
Lee Valley, gotta lovem.
Chapters books. Read, drink coffee, wait for my wife who's over at Michaels Craft Shop Sometimes even buy a book.
Zellers: It's quiet; everyones' at Wal-Mart.
Walmart: Know what you want. Get in. Get it. Get out before you strangle the greeter. They were effecient when they first opened in our part of the swamp, but now their cash line-ups resemble Canadian Tire.
Any used book store or small art gallery or music store.
HATE::::Any store where the clerks follow you around offering to "help" you (I look like a thief I guess).
Any store where the cashier asks you to donate to a "worthwhile charity"
Actually "hate" is too strong a word. Imbiciles deserve to be pitied and avoided...........nasty nasty nasty