Howard Stern to air in Canada!

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
He was on our TVs for a very short time here--but the low ratings did him in. He is funny & I appreciate his humour, it's just that most of us don't :(

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: RE: Howard Stern to air i

tawker said:
Days until the CRTC forces him off the air: Countdown begins now.....

I was just thinking "again" when I read the thread title. If the Quebec couldn't take him........history isn't his strong point. Maybe he took a class?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I never liked him either, But I like the CRTC less....

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Never heard his radio show....

Have seen his television show a couple of times and that was enough. He really demeans women and their bodies and the strange thing about this - is he finds willing women to perform
for his sick requests.

I guess there must be an audience out there for this rot.... he
gets the ratings no matter where he parks. Eeeew

Toro

Senate Member
RE: Howard Stern to air i

Yeah, like me!

I used to watch that show on E! when I was winding down at night and wanted to switch my brain off.

I used to love the Playmate quizes and watching them get questions like "How many years are in 5 decades?" wrong. (Answer "5000").

That's good stuff.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Toro

You were listening to the conversation? I thought it was a peep show. His studio looked like the bathroom in a subway (or what I would imagine a bathroom in a subway would be)...

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Wednesday's Child said:
Never heard his radio show....

Have seen his television show a couple of times and that was enough. He really demeans women and their bodies and the strange thing about this - is he finds willing women to perform
for his sick requests.

Women who are game to what's going on don't bother me so much as the women who don't get it. I've seen a few who were really humiliated, but didn't "get it" until it was too late. Sad really.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Said1

It is sad - so many people are looking to get in front of a camera - any camera - and will say and do outrageous things to be on television. The women are beautiful and young and not all of them are dumb either.

I don't get it.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Wednesday's Child said:
Said1

It is sad - so many people are looking to get in front of a camera - any camera - and will say and do outrageous things to be on television. The women are beautiful and young and not all of them are dumb either.

I don't get it.

I saw this poor little thing on his show one time, she didn't get what was going on at first, then later she looked like she was going to cry. Naive I guess, I still felt bad for her. I don't know why that sticks out in my mind so much.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
You know I can even take the smut....

But Stern is so crude...he makes me think of probable conversations where pedophiles are involved with twelve year old girls (or boys)....

I guess this appeals to guys.... I always think Stern was probably the geeky kid in school - grew up angry at all the girls who wouldn't go out with him - and is now getting his revenge in his 50s....

In other words - he hasn't grown up past it. I can't believe most guys would ever speak to women that way....

Freethinker

Electoral Member
Jan 18, 2006
RE: Howard Stern to air i

I have seen the tv show once. Stern is combo of Jerry Springer and a pimp. Sad that either Springer or Stern get ratings.

Anyone who plans to be on any show should watch several episodes to know what they are getting into. I don't know if every episode is the same, but I saw the same as above, some poor young girl humiliated on TV.

I just don't get it.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
My Brother-In-Law watches Springer everyday on his lunch hour, I have seen a few shows while visiting. That show is beyond "Repulsive", is it just me or do they seem to work from a script. Can that many young women not know who the fathers of their babies are after DNA testing of 10 men? Stern is crazy like a fox, the more he causes scandle the more viewers he has.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Stern can be funny, although not so much so that all the other crap is worth sitting through.

Springer's radio program is pretty good, he babbles on, and on. Like his final thoughts only worse. Funny stuff.