Get to know you, list 5 random facts about yourself (Random Facts About Yourself)

Cosmo
Just to get to know people better ... and because I am interested. Saw this at my Jack Russell forum and found out all kinds of cool things about folks!

List 5 quirks that people don't know about you. I'll start:

1. I love to quilt ... all the tactile and pretty fabrics, and I love crochet but always have to "adjust" the pattern because I can't bear to follow directions.

2. I used to have a Harley, on which I did all my own mechanics.

3. I can't eat the last bit of anything in a jar ... mayo, peanut butter, etc. Have to throw it out.

4. I find dozens of four leaf clovers ... have them pressed in every book I own.

5. I was a vegetarian for 10 years but the smell of frying bacon turned me back into a meat eater!

manda
I think that I posted something like this here before....There's enough about me listed around here that I don't need to post 5!!!

missile
I almost always carry one knife somewhere on my person. I have a fondness for Gilbert & Sullivan operettas. I was sexually molested as a child. My left eye is the dead one.I own a dozen or more pairs of blue jeans.

I think not
1) The biggest age gap I've ever had in a relationship spans 16 years. Woohoo! :P
2) The sight of people jumping off the WTC in 2001 (I was there) still brings tears to my eyes when I think about it.
3) I still think my mother is the best cook this side of the Mississippi.
4) The one time I got into a fist fight at a young age, almost caused the death of that person and have never lifted a finger to anyone since.
5) I have many thoughts that I have never shared with anyone.

iamcanadian
1) When I was a child I would often go with my grandfather by horse and cart to till the soil and plant crops by hand. (picking up the patatos and filling sacks was my favorite). He would tie the horse to pull the plow that he pushed and pulled to steadying it by hand (looked like very hard work), while I ran around chased butterflies, birds and rabbits. I was probably 4 or 5 but remember the time vividly.

2) The first time I saw a bathtub I was 7 and up to then I had always bathed in a tin tub brought to the kitchen with drawn water heated by a caldron in the kitchen fireplace. Water had to be gotten each day from the Village Well by ladies balancing them on their heads in a giant Copper Urn that must have weighed more than them.

3) To watch TV the village when to the house of the general store that had the only TV which packed with 20 people any time there was something on it to watch, with other standing outside. The TV commercials were the best things on TV and everyone stoped talking to watched them.

4) The first english words I learned after comming to Canada was "Can I play", which my mother an I had to figure out and took forever to do using an english translation dictionary.

5) I feel like crying over how nice and simple life was. We have all lost so so much...

...times were much better then.

FiveParadox
Here's my list:

(1) In Grade Eight, amidst rumours about me being gay (which I am, by the way), one of my best girl-friends offered to pretend to go out with me to squash said rumours. The funny thing is, we were regarded as a successful and cute couple. Go figure, eh?

(2) I like symmetry. I have to put a tall cup in between the two short cups or it looks too weird in the cupboard for me.

(3) While I am reading stuff on the Internet, I continuously triple-click the paragraphs above or below the one I am reading.

(4) Don't like cheese, 'cept on pizza or macaroni.

(5) When I was eight-or-so years old, I wanted to be Posh Spice...

Finder
1. I love history. Mostly in a political aspect, but also a military and cultural. My favorite things to study in history are. Rome, Greece, the Soviet Union, the USA, Africa. time periods I most like. 1000bc to 500 ad 1800ad to 2000 ad. I'm currently studing a time period of 1300-1500 at UoT so I do know the history of the middle ages. it just doesn't interest me about how backwards europe had become after the fall of the Western Roman Empire.

2. I love cheese. EXTRA CHEESE... God damnit I love CHEESE

3. Chocolet is my f@cking crack, I have to have at least 100grams a day or I'm not a nice person, and I'm very picky about my chocolet

4. I hate chocolet with cheese as in Chololet cheese cake!!! I hate it!

5. I'm currently running for city council in Toronto.

Edit Paradox.... if you wanted to be posh spice I think that may have been an early que to being gay and or a very bad taste in music.

FiveParadox
I don't "hate" their music. :P

Stop, for example, is a classic, among the works of such artists as Mozart and Bach!

Jersay
(1) I played baseball until I was around about 14-15 when I blew out my rotator cuff three times in two years.

(2) On my way to get a science B.A, from the States, and planning on another B.A. and a Masters.

(3) At six months old I almost died from meningitis. I was lucky my doctor knew something was wrong with me.

(4) Was in the Air Cadets in Toronto and Oshawa, meeting a few people that were not on the good side of the law

(5) Been all over the country three times, back and forth and have only been around for some 20 years. From coast to coast!

Finder
Quote: Originally Posted by Jersay

(1) I played baseball until I was around about 14-15 when I blew out my rotator cuff three times in two years.

(2) On my way to get a science B.A, from the States, and planning on another B.A. and a Masters.

(3) At six months old I almost died from meningitis. I was lucky my doctor knew something was wrong with me.

(4) Was in the Air Cadets in Toronto and Oshawa, meeting a few people that were not on the good side of the law

(5) Been all over the country three times, back and forth and have only been around for some 20 years. From coast to coast!

I was in Air Cadets in toronto. 330 SQD

Jersay
Was in 151 Chadburn in Oshawa

and the 188 Cobra.

Finder

Was in 151 Chadburn in Oshawa

and the 188 Cobra.

My friend Marie Montour I believe was in Cobra.

Jersay
Montour? I was in several years ago for a year was she in around about that timeperiod? And do you know what her rank was? It seems familiar but I am unsure.

Finder

Montour? I was in several years ago for a year was she in around about that timeperiod? And do you know what her rank was? It seems familiar but I am unsure.

Well my friend is only 20 now. She's a young I guess. lol.
So she was in it, I believe from the age of 15 or 16 to 19 when she retired.

She was only a cpl most of the time there.

edit:
Blonde hair, about 5'2 or 5'3 slenderish,

Jersay
Yeah I remember her. Nice girl! At least from the interactions I had with her.

tracy
1. I'm double jointed in pretty much every joint in my body... (I guess I could join the circus if I ever quit my regular job).

2. I like to read travel books, especially the Lonely Planet brand. I've bought several for places I probably will never visit.

3. I don't cook. At all. I don't even have a working stove/oven and own no pots or pans. I never plan on cooking either.

4. I can't do anything around the house unless I have my iPod in my ears... I've missed several phone calls because I can't hear the phone.

5. I change jobs and move every 2 years or so. I must have a problem with commitment or something... I'm probably changing jobs in the next few weeks once again.

Colpy
1. I love modern history.....I like any history, but the last three or four centuries are the most relevant. I especially like history as revealed through personality.....biography or autobiography/

2. I do the vast majority of my reading in the bathroom.....no kidding. Just too many distractions elsewhere.

3. I'm 51 years old.....and have been with the same woman since we were both 16 years old. And I've hung with my best friend since he was 12 and I was 13.

4. I'm a recycling fanatic....my basement is full of returnable bottles, my kitchen closet of newspapers, tin cans, plastic.....I drive my poor wife nuts.

5. I'm a mechanical moron, except with firearms. I don't know what size the engine is in my car (I've had it 6 years) and I don't care. When it stops, I call someone that DOES care, and pay him.

Cosmo.....a Harley-driving, mechanic vegetarian Lesbian........I think I like that, but. ...shouldn't you have your own sit-com?

Five Paradox....Posh Spice! .....now that is funny!

Edited to say:

6) A kind of bonus......I hate sports. I hate hockey, soccer, football.......and I especially hate the Olympics. If Marx were alive today he would write "Religion is dead. Sports is the opium of the people."

Cosmo
I love this thread!! It's so interesting to me to see what people choose to reveal about themselves. Add to that, I'm surprised by lots of it. It puts a real live person behind the posts for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy

Cosmo.....a Harley-driving, mechanic vegetarian Lesbian........I think I like that, but. ...shouldn't you have your own sit-com?

Five Paradox....Posh Spice! .....now that is funny!

Alas, no Harley these days. But put Five and I together and we coulda cleaned up on reality TV I think!

bhoour
[quote="Cosmo"]

2. I used to have a Harley, on which I did all my own mechanics.

quote]

That's hot! Hmmm almost makes me want to switch teams......
Well, maybe just for a while.....

Cosmo
Well, if I weren't so darn married Bhoour ...

Papachongo
1) I've been told I have the worst fashion sense ever. I happen to enjoy plaid and believe it should have its own spot on the color wheel.
2) I live in the prairies but contrary to popular belief have no problem finding ways to entertain myself. Its only boring people who are bored.
3) I should be dead many times over, but for some reason I'm still kicking. My own foolish actions haven't killed me yet.
4) I dance poorly, very poorly, but I still do it.
5) I am in touch with my nerdy inner child. I play RPGs.

Said1
1. Like someone mentioned, there's very little I do with out my portable mp3 player.

2. Missle and I have opposing eyes. I can't see out of my right eye.

3. I'm a boxing fantaic.

4. I like to read Tarot cards, for fun of course. I also love all different forms of the occult.

5. There is no life without coffee and beer.

Haggis McBagpipe
Well, let's see now:

1. When I need a painkiller, I like to eat Aspirin, chewing it like candy, because I love the taste. Has to be Bayer brand, other brands aren't as tasty.

2. I am a vegetarian who considers salmon and other seafood to be vegetables of the sea. Once a year, at Christmas, I go mad craving turkey, which was my old favourite, but so far have resisted.

3. I can only buy small bags of sunflower seeds, because once I eat one seed, I have to eat the lot of them, can't stop until the bag is done. In order to prevent death from excessive sunflower seed ingestion, I have to stick to the smallest sized bags.

4. I once made riveting noises at a frog who was sending out a mating call. He responded, always matching my tone and emphasis, and we spent the next 1/2 hour singing love songs back and forth. I did the same once with a rooster who lived in the neighbourhood. I played the chicken, and that rooster was just crazy in love with me. Whenever I walked past he would run to the fence and flirt outrageously with me.

5. I am highly alpha with dogs. They seem to sense something in me, because a dog that growls at other people will, after I speak with it, back away quickly. I have made guard dogs stop barking and settle down. I have made a charging pitbull stop and reconsider. I would like to expand this talent into the world of forums. 8-)

**** Oh, and the 'turkey' that is auto-linked (!!!!)? is NOT the kind of turkey I crave. Sheesh.

zoofer
1. I like blondes.
2. I like red heads.
3. I like brunettes.
4. I like [s]black heads[/s] black haired.
5. Food is good too!

muffin girl
1) I am addicted to beef jerky

2) I love to go hunting

3) I am not married but have lived with same guy for 8 years

4) I have a pet rabbit

5) I am left handed