Got Course From UN Today

Jersay
Wanting to become a UN peacekeeper or UNICEF worker, I finally got a course from the UN in New York. I didn't know this until a few months ago but, you can get a diploma if you complete 12 UN courses.

And they are pretty cheap, about 100 U.S. at the most and can get to Vancouver Island in a week.

Well, the course I chose was Security for UN Peacekeepers, it is a ten lesson course and seems very interesting.

FiveParadox
I salute you for your interest in peacekeeping.

And yes, that is quite inexpensive; it's definitely something for the rest of us to consider looking into. So what exactly would you learn about in Security for UN Peacekeepers, may I ask?

Jersay
Quote:

I salute you for your interest in peacekeeping.

And yes, that is quite inexpensive; it's definitely something for the rest of us to consider looking into. So what exactly would you learn about in Security for UN Peacekeepers, may I ask?

What I have learned and what I will be learning is the security apparatus within the UN system.

The threats that UN peacekeepers face on mission, terrorism, kidnapping, threats through conventional and unconventional means.

Who to go to if you are a lone peacekeeper.

How the burecratic system of the UN works.

And finally, what personal safety techniques a UN peacekeeper can use. It surprised me when I opened it up when it bluntly stated that as a UN peacekeeper your main concern is for yourself, then your other UN soldiers, then civilians under your care.

I will also learn how to work in a different cultural situation, and if I am kidnapped what one should do, etc, etc.