What do you like most about Bush?

Jo Canadian
I saw this topic kicking around on another forum and the results were quite interesting. There's gotta be some quality about him that isn't that bad...Nobody is 100% detestable. Maybe it's his choice brand of beer that you admire, or something in his policies*, or, or...or maybe he gives you a reason to scream the "fu<k" word at the TV, and not look crazy.

So in all Fairness What do you like most about Bush?

*Apparently those people do exist

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by Jo Canadian

So in all Fairness What do you like most about Bush?

That he hasn't yet turned the planet into an irradiated slag-heap...

Hard-Luck Henry
I like the way he can manipulate objects with his feet.

Reverend Blair
I like the way pictures of his face look when they burn him in effigy.

Jo Canadian
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

I like the way pictures of his face look when they burn him in effigy.

I like that one. It's an instant classic.

Roy
hmm, what do I like about Bush,

Well the man has charisma, and an iconic presence which you do not see in Canadian politics. This seems quite prevalent in American politics. Bill Clinton also his this presence. (ex: when Bush coulden't open the doors in that conference in China, he handled it like no one else could)

In terms of Canadian politics Martin has charisma, but has no presence at all --and Harper has a presence but all the charisma of a doorknob.

Summer
I like the fact that as long as the U.S. Constitution remains in effect, he cannot run for another term.

Roy
woooo weeeeee..... Jeb Bush for prezzz....2008...
Just kiddin

Reverend Blair
Mrs. Rev just walked by and made an incredibly rude comment about Brazilian Bikini Waxing as a means of...either voting or assassination, I'm not really sure.

I can't really repeat it here, due to graphic descriptions of pubic terrorism, but I think the US should consider it.

Summer
LOL, Rev.
Give Mrs. Rev my love.

#juan
Quote:

What do you like most about Bush?

His unseemly demise from apoplexy apon learning that his wife is sleeping with a Democrat.....I would really like that about him...

Summer
OMG... Air America radio airs a comedy bit regularly that implies that... actually to be specific it implies an affair between Laura and Bill Clinton... it's freaking hilarious.

bhoour
hmmmm, ......
that he is not my country's leader.

Cosmo
The thing I like most about Bush is that (so far!) he is only running politically south of the 49th parallel. I had to dig deep for that one so give me some credit for it!

Best thing I ever heard about Bush was a dyke in a t-shirt that said, "Lesbians against Bush". Not worth putting up with him as a leader, but definitely good for a laff.

#juan
Quote:

implies an affair between Laura and Bill Clinton.

I have to say that has a ring of poetic justice about it.

JomZ
Best Poker Face Ever.

You don't know what hes got

#juan
The back of him leaving office.

Hard-Luck Henry
Quote: Originally Posted by JomZ

Best Poker Face Ever.

You don't know what hes got

That's pretty good - you can't tell what he's thinking. Then, neither can he.

Reverend Blair
The twins

Reverend Blair
The knowledge that, as bad as Bush is, at least he's not immortal.

Ocean Breeze
when he is QUIET.

pastafarian
The fact that no matter how stupid, awkward, clueless, immoral, dishonest, gauche, clumsy or lacking in imagination a person is, they are superior in at least two of these attributes to the President of the United States.

Oh yeah, and I agree on mortal.

Reverend Blair
He has a higher than usual chance of suffering death by misadventure.

pastafarian
Quote:

He has a higher than usual chance of suffering death by misadventure.

Hmmm. I wonder if I'd get a call from CSIS for sending him a Christmas gift of pretzels...

Mechayahiko
The fact that he takes all the flak everyone throws at him and keeps going.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechayahiko

The fact that he takes all the flak everyone throws at him and keeps going.

many a fool does that ........mainly because they are too foolish or stubborn to alter course when the feedback is so pronounced.

.........what I 'like" best about the bloke is that if it were not for him , we would not have expanded our vocabularly and achieved a book of bushisms....

......which in turn might prove to be his legacy.

(btw: Welcome to the forum...

Roy
Quote:

Hmmm. I wonder if I'd get a call from CSIS for sending him a Christmas gift of pretzels...

hahahaha, that was hilarious when he fell off the table and had that bump on his head for a week. the most powerful man on earth succums to a pretzel...would of made a damn funny headline

Mechayahiko
The man, stands up for what he believes in and does what he thinks is right. Its a rare trait in people these days. Of course, politicians shouldnt be doing that, they should be serving the people that elected them. Hes the right guy in the wrong place. There are times where people like him would have been alot more liked, but now is not the time.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechayahiko

The man, stands up for what he believes in and does what he thinks is right. Its a rare trait in people these days. Of course, politicians shouldnt be doing that, they should be serving the people that elected them. Hes the right guy in the wrong place. There are times where people like him would have been alot more liked, but now is not the time.

like a lot of us have stated in one way or another.......the bloke is a throwback.... and out of sync with the times.

Don't foget jokers like Hitler and many others through out history "believed rigidly and stood firm on their "beliefs......without the flexibility that is a pre-requisite to good leadership. Being STUBBORN/resistive is not an asset.

Andygal
I like the fact that he's only in power for 3 more years.