What do you like most about Bush?

Mechayahiko
There are times and places where being stubborn is an asset, mostly on the frontlines and during revolutions. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Not to mention the fact that there will always be examples where it is good and where it is bad. The main reason i admire that trait is because its rare. In an age of politicians that do anything to get elected, its kind of refreshing to have a guy that just doesnt care.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Andygal

I like the fact that he's only in power for 3 more years.

andy........ya just read my mind. as that was my next "like"....

..........three yrs and COUNTING DOWN....(phew)

what a nightmare it would be if his brother decided to go for the job. .....

(wondering if they have condos on Mars yet

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechayahiko

There are times and places where being stubborn is an asset, mostly on the frontlines and during revolutions. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Not to mention the fact that there will always be examples where it is good and where it is bad. The main reason i admire that trait is because its rare. In an age of politicians that do anything to get elected, its kind of refreshing to have a guy that just doesnt care.

oh he cares and cares a lot.......about getting into the power job and keeping the power job. Notice that both "elections" in the US were of question and went less smoothly than the ones in Iraq??? (which is actually quite funny) If he didn't "care" about holding his position......he would not be polluting the airways /tv screens with his multiple speaches DEFENDING his CRIMINAL ACTIONS.

gotta hand it to him. He is getting away with being a criminal in live broacast , defending his criminal conduct and the americans are just sitting there .......as if it is the norm.

t's a puzzlement.

Ocean Breeze
"like" about bush??

.........maybe the funny fact that he has to be the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral.

MMMike
Ooooh.... this is about George Bush!! Boring.....

the caracal kid
he proves that power is a produce of privilage. for bushie would be nothing if not for his family and its connections. he shows what america is really about. "follow the money to find the power".

besides, not only is he a good puppet, he looks good being one.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by MMMike

Ooooh.... this is about George Bush!! Boring.....

good point. The title didn't specify........did it??

Laika
The seventies are over and so is bush! Trim that ish!

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by the caracal kid

he proves that power is a produce of privilage. for bushie would be nothing if not for his family and its connections. he shows what america is really about. "follow the money to find the power".

besides, not only is he a good puppet, he looks good being one.

it does say a fair bit about the american value system, don't it. They will appoint an idiot into office as long as he has the bucks and "connections." They do not look for integrety , sound character, reasonable intelligence, problem solving skills, management skills (dang....bush couldn't even run a company) and SPEAKING SKILLS. But then not sure what they look for anymore.

Roy
Quote:

Hes the right guy in the wrong place. There are times where people like him would have been alot more liked, but now is not the time.

this statement pretty much speaks for me as well. Bush is one of those revolutionary leaders, like him or hate him (most hate him). Thing is in todays world it has changed so much with media and the news that he gets much more critisism than others before him. Like him or not I don't think we know where Iraq will be in ten years from now. Could be Americas worst mistake, or a great acheivement. I dont know, you don't know...hey maybe Bush knows?

Ocean Breeze with all due respect comparing Bush to Hitler make you look irrelevant.

unclepercy
Quote: Originally Posted by Jo Canadian

I saw this topic kicking around on another forum and the results were quite interesting. There's gotta be some quality about him that isn't that bad...Nobody is 100% detestable. Maybe it's his choice brand of beer that you admire, or something in his policies*, or, or...or maybe he gives you a reason to scream the "fu<k" word at the TV, and not look crazy.

So in all Fairness What do you like most about Bush?

You all may think this is an opportunity to joke and throw insults, but what I like is: the warm look in his eyes when he sees you.

Uncle

*Apparently those people do exist

peapod
Is it all warm and fuzzy like say...cookie cutter bombs????

Finder
I think he talks so beautifully, it's really easy to laugh at him as he get's caught up on simple words, and get's confused with simple questions.

bhoour
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechayahiko

oH he cares, don't kid yourself,...........

about the oil..............

He's so desperate he started a war, that to me, is extremely desperate measures. A bit excessive I'd say.
He's just finishing what his daddy started.

Summer
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze

If he didn't "care" about holding his position......he would not be polluting the airways /tv screens with his multiple speaches DEFENDING his CRIMINAL ACTIONS.

gotta hand it to him. He is getting away with being a criminal in live broacast , defending his criminal conduct and the americans are just sitting there .......as if it is the norm.

t's a puzzlement.

Notice that he can't even do it in prime time, though. He's not even good enough to pre-empt the reality television and insipid sitcoms that pass for entertainment these days.

Quote: Originally Posted by Roy

Ocean Breeze with all due respect comparing Bush to Hitler make you look irrelevant.

Why? It's a valid comparison, the way she made it. Honestly, you'd think that Hitler was some sort of minor deity or something, the way everyone acts as though no one and nothing should ever be compared to him in any way whatsoever.

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

In who's eyes?? and what makes ya think I give a dang about your VALUE JUDGEMENTS???

the similarities in their personality types are there for everyone to see.........IF THEY open their eyes . IF not......not my problem.

but the hitler comparison is not the only one that fits.....as there have been other small men who dictated their way through their leadership.........and none of them were any more intelligent than the bush-man. What they understood is the same thing that bush understands........is POWER ...., and how they can manipulate people into following their own sick agendas. Bush is ADDICTED to POWER.....and every ruling he has made shows that and has given him more powers and latitude than any former prez. ......and this is why he wants to maintain his "WAR " prez role as long as is possible........as in return he can execute acts that would not be accepted under ordinary circumstances.

(Hitler and his ilk........share the same lust for power......and abused it just as bush is doing......only in a different way)

Roy
Quote:

Why? It's a valid comparison, the way she made it. Honestly, you'd think that Hitler was some sort of minor deity or something, the way everyone acts as though no one and nothing should ever be compared to him in any way whatsoever.

ok then my ignorant little friend please make your comaprisons to hitler, valid ones.

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

Notice that he can't even do it in prime time, though. He's not even good enough to pre-empt the reality television and insipid sitcoms that pass for entertainment these days.

good point Summer..

Summer

Quote:

ok then my ignorant little friend please make your comaprisons to hitler, valid ones.

Nice ad hominem attack there, Roy. D'you mind NOT doing that? It certainly doesn't add anything to the discussion, nor does it serve to make your opinion appear more worthy than it otherwise would.

Ocean Breeze

Quote:

ROY!!! you are out of line and attacking any poster here is OUT OF BOUNDS. Debate the opinion, idea ......but NEVER the poster.

cheap shot.

pastafarian
He is loyal and looks after his people. He doesn't let the riff-raff distract him with false appeals to morality. He is aware that laws only apply to those who have to follow them, so that he is not deterred in his leadership by trivial legal and constitutional objections.

You might have noticed, I've had an epiphany in my limbic system.

jimmoyer
----------------------------------summer-------

Just think if Bush was Chavez, co-opting all
broadcast TV when and forever how long he wants to.

But that being said, I hope more conservatives
continue to desert Bush on these issues of
unlimited power, issues of deficit spending, issues
of border control, and the issue of pissing off the
whole world.

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

Just think if Bush was Chavez, co-opting all
broadcast TV when and forever how long he wants to.

well.......it is still up to "us" the population to turn that tv on and watch it. Wouldn't watch it anymore than I do now....as the minute bush comes on.......the channel gets changed at warp speed.

bhoour
I like that he is mortal, even tho he thinks otherwise.......

Summer
Jim, my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I made my "prime-time" comment.

Then again, I don't really watch prime-time television anyway.

Beanie
I'm new and catching up.
What I like most about Bush,two things,first I like his last name(blush)and secondly,I'm impressed with the fact that the marionette's strings are invisible!!!I wonder if he know's David Blain!??

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Beanie

I'm new and catching up.
What I like most about Bush,two things,first I like his last name(blush)and secondly,I'm impressed with the fact that the marionette's strings are invisible!!!I wonder if he know's David Blain!??

welcome to the most friendly, fun "zoo" on the internet. You will "meet" the vast variety of (nice)folks here...... as you do in any "zoo"

cheers and come on board.....enjoy the ride.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by pastafarian

He is loyal and looks after his people. He doesn't let the riff-raff distract him with false appeals to morality. He is aware that laws only apply to those who have to follow them, so that he is not deterred in his leadership by trivial legal and constitutional objections.

You might have noticed, I've had an epiphany in my limbic system.

pasta..........have someone take your temperature. --(kidding)

He is very loyal.......(to himself and his buddies. ..... ) and looks after them quite nicely too.

bhoour
Dubaya, is clearly on a quest.........for power. It's a family tradition. It's all about the oil.
He calls his posse, " the haves and the have mores"
That's what he is all about.

[/i]

zoofer
Twenty five years from now nobody will remember Cretien or Martin except the taxpayers. The world will remember GW as the greatest Statesman of all time. Greater than Ronnie Reagan. Greater than Thatcher and Churchill. 50 million Afghanis and Iraqis owe their liberation to him. In two decades the whole Middle East will be on their way to democracy.

Quote:

The Arab Spring of 2005 will be noted by history as a similar turning point for the Arab world.

This amazing display has prompted a wave of soul-searching. When a Le Monde editorial titled "Arab Spring" acknowledges "the merit of George W. Bush," when the cover headline of London's The Independent is "Was Bush Right After All?" and when a column in Der Spiegel asks "Could George W. Bush Be Right?" you know that something radical has happened.

It is not just that the ramparts of Euro-snobbery have been breached. Iraq and, more broadly, the Bush doctrine were always more than a purely intellectual matter. The left's patronizing, quasi-colonialist view of the benighted Arabs was not just analytically incorrect. It was morally bankrupt, too.

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Mar17.html (external - login to view)