No Matter How Hard I Try

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
there are somethings that just aren't meant to be.

Like for instance the Christmas window lights. I plugged in all the strings and verified that they all worked. Then I bought those sticky hangey up things to hang up all the lights. They looked beautiful, I was pleased with the job that I had done. Not an hour later I enter one of the rooms with lights on the windows and some of the stickey hangey up things have come down, complete with paint. So I try and fix the one that fell off and repress the others incase they are loose. I wake up in the morning and 2 1/2 strings are down and lots of paint chips missing. I am not amuzed as these things were supposed to 'peel off'. So off I go to the store to get the suction cup hangey up things, I rehang the lights and now the lights won't light up at all, at least at one end the other end lights up but that end isn't on the window.

Sooo, off I go to the store again to get another strand of lights. I bring them home and go to hang them up and find that these mini lights are oval in shape and don't fit into the suction cup hangey up things that I have, nor do the relfectors fit on them.

What is so flipping hard about hanging lights? Why can't I do this? Is there some hidden meaning that I haven't figured out.

Am I the only one who has these problems?

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
bevvyd said:
there are somethings that just aren't meant to be.

Like for instance the Christmas window lights. I plugged in all the strings and verified that they all worked. Then I bought those sticky hangey up things to hang up all the lights. They looked beautiful, I was pleased with the job that I had done. Not an hour later I enter one of the rooms with lights on the windows and some of the stickey hangey up things have come down, complete with paint. So I try and fix the one that fell off and repress the others incase they are loose. I wake up in the morning and 2 1/2 strings are down and lots of paint chips missing. I am not amuzed as these things were supposed to 'peel off'. So off I go to the store to get the suction cup hangey up things, I rehang the lights and now the lights won't light up at all, at least at one end the other end lights up but that end isn't on the window.

Sooo, off I go to the store again to get another strand of lights. I bring them home and go to hang them up and find that these mini lights are oval in shape and don't fit into the suction cup hangey up things that I have, nor do the relfectors fit on them.

What is so flipping hard about hanging lights? Why can't I do this? Is there some hidden meaning that I haven't figured out.

Am I the only one who has these problems?

No, i use tacs. To me, tacs are like to duct tape, only not as good and they puncture things - sometimes.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Bev

We have the suction cup thingys and the stick-on thingys, the little hangers that slip under the vinyl siding, and a few other can't fail thingys that failed. What we use now is a heavy stapler. You just have to be careful you don't staple through the wires. They don't leave a big hole when they are pulled out and they don't fall down. Yet..... :wink: :lol:

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Darn Christmas lights! Of course I waited until it was -10C before hanging up my lights outside. I dutifully checked all the lights before............

8O This is so weird, its like I've written this before!! :lol:

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
OK technical problem. What happened was I started this topic and when I went to 'submit' it I got a "cannot connect to server" message . So I redirect back here and I checked the folder just to be sure, nothing was there, so I started it again.

My apologies, every word I typed is true.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
No problem. It was funny as heck. I like going over the same topic in multiple threads. Its like the International Politics forum!! :wink: