Asparagus
Fruit Salad
Olives and pickles
Hot rolls
Pecan pie
Chocolate pie
Creme brulee
Sometimes plum pudding

I'd like to hear what you and your family have.

Percy

gd

Dec 11, 2005
I wind up having phesant... ugh!

a slice of melon with a cherry...
roast chicken
roast potatos
gravy
asti martini
miscellanous veg
stuffing

and for new years HAGGIS!!!!! :D

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
I like to have my Christmas dinner perched on top of a mountain - the solitude is truly blissful - so it usually consists of sandwiches, with a drop* of malt whisky in my mug of tea. I tend to have all the usual Christmas foods at one or another of our relatives house's on Boxing Day (which just happens to be my birthday :p ).

*a drop, pea, just a drop. :D

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Henry, you have my permission to use a whole jigger. As long as it is good single malt.... :lol:

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Last year I had a coke and a burrito from the vending machine... not my best Xmas dinner.

This year, it will be turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy and asparagus and peas and black olives and pumpkin pie. The only similarity will be I'll probably have a coke again.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We share our children at Christmas with their inlaws. Two years ago it was just the two of us and we cooked a nice big prime rib roast with roast potatoes, snow peas, baby carrots, Yorkshire pudding and gravy. We had all the usual extras like pickles and olives and chutney. I thought we would miss having the turkey in the fridge for sandwiches and snacks over the holidays but the roast was just fine.

Our normal fair at Christmas is similar to Uncle's except we have roast turkey not smoked and we make a mushrom and sausage dressing.

Uncle, do you usually have three desserts or is it three choices?

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
#juan said:
We share our children at Christmas with their inlaws. Two years ago it was just the two of us and we cooked a nice big prime rib roast with roast potatoes, snow peas, baby carrots, Yorkshire pudding and gravy. We had all the usual extras like pickles and olives and chutney. I thought we would miss having the turkey in the fridge for sandwiches and snacks over the holidays but the roast was just fine.

Our normal fair at Christmas is similar to Uncle's except we have roast turkey not smoked and we make a mushrom and sausage dressing.

Uncle, do you usually have three desserts or is it three choices?

We usually have 2-3 desserts, and we snack on them later. Plum pudding is getting very difficult to find in Texas, and practically no one knows what it is. However, it has been a tradition in my family for as long as I can remember. Heck, I can't even find a decent fruitcake anymore. I threw away the one I bought - nasty.

Percy

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: What do you have for

Well if I am home alone, I usually have a couple rib steaks, nacho's with lots of BC beef, hot wings, smokies and lots of beer. To me Xmas is just another day so I do not change my eating habits too much.

Since I am going to Kamloops this Christmas, Turkey, Ham,stuffing, cranberry sauce,potatoes and the rest of the trimmings will be on the menu. Lots of desert type treats as well and booze.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Re: RE: What do you have for Christmas dinner?

the caracal kid said:
whatever we feel like making that day. we are in the minority in that we do not recognize the winter solstice by any of its names.

Well, that certainly comes under the heading of "your business."
However, we enjoy it and always have. I am looking forward to seeing my son-in-law's face when he opens his black Nano. There are so many presents under our tree (as always), we have to put half of them in the bedroom. They almost touch the ceiling fan.
Kids just love to unwrap presents - no matter how jicky.
Definition of "jicky" - little junky toys.

No, I do not have a large family. There are eight of us altogether, with 3-4 friends and neighbors.

I would say, "Have a Merry Christmas" - but I guess it doesn't work for you. To everyone else, have a very enjoyable, fun Christmas.

I'd ask a favor if it were possible. We'd like a white Christmas. Never seen one. Guess it's not happening though. Oh well.

Uncle

lena

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2005
ab
RE: What do you have for

well
turkey,mashed potatoes,and the usual vegs...I'm in a mix of traditions so its a mix from there........I bring lefsa(never did learn the spelling) gramma will be pissed.oh well...then there is lutfisck or what ever....made the house stink for days...(not haveing that).....Xmas is a free for all here..It is a nice time of year...giggle them christians are so nice..

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
We usually start at breakfast ...with bacon, eggs, homefries, fried mushrooms, and tomato slices ,accompanied by fried ( in the bacon fat) toast ( my irish roots showing thru), tea and juice.

we skip lunch and afterthe chest pains and bloating have subside move onto dinner : Turkey ( roasted) , mashed potatoes, celery, turnip ( mashed), stuffing, and any other side or dessert brought along by the guests............mmm, mmmm, mmmmm.

all of this accompanied by, beverages of the spirited kind........ :roll:

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
mrmom2 said:
Your going to big Ernies arn't you no1 :lol: I'm sure they'll be tons of fixins and booze :wink:

Not sure though. He had a Christmas eve dinner a couple years back, not sure what the scoop is this year, but I usually get in on 2-3 Christmas dinners and lots of booze, so I can not complain.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Wow.....Christmas dinner.

I have had the priviledge of living with the two best cooks I have ever met. First my mother, and now my wife.

My mom, two brothers, my best friend, my daughter and her friend, my son, his wife, my step grandson and grandson will all gather and consume mass quantities of the traditional meal.

Roast Turkey, dressing (OhmiGod, that's good), mashed potatoes, carrots, peas, squash, cranberries, gravy (it is to die for) followed by something light for dessert.

Washed down, perhaps, by only a glass or two of wine, under the slightly disapproving gaze of my 85 year old strict Baptist mother.

No real drinking at all.

Good times, though.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
Well we serve up roast turkey, home made cranberry sauce, stuffing, creamed corn, baked cauliflower, candied yams & salad, gravy, rolls, whipped potatoes and I am making little chocolate pots for dessert this year. The last couple of years it has been a chocolat raspberry frozen thingey. And add in lots of baked goodies but always followed by a wonderful glass of brandy after dinner. Ah then comes the land the nod. zzzzzzzz

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
bhoour said:
We usually start at breakfast ...with bacon, eggs, homefries, fried mushrooms, and tomato slices ,accompanied by fried ( in the bacon fat) toast ( my irish roots showing thru), tea and juice.

we skip lunch and afterthe chest pains and bloating have subside move onto dinner : Turkey ( roasted) , mashed potatoes, celery, turnip ( mashed), stuffing, and any other side or dessert brought along by the guests............mmm, mmmm, mmmmm.

all of this accompanied by, beverages of the spirited kind........ :roll:

That breakfast - I'm part Irish supposedly - I never knew it was Irish. It sounds like the basic English "fryup" - we like anything fried in Texas. Sounds like good eatin' at your house.

Uncle