Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: !!! Happy Holidays 20

-1 here.

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
:reindeer: the north wind does blow.........and man is it bitter!
almost froze my toushie off, hanging the holiday lights on the shack, earlier today :reindeer: !

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: !!! Happy Holidays 20

-3 out this morning. What the hell is going on? So bitter bitter cold for here. Going to Kamloops next Thursday for Holidays until 27th.

I say Happy Holidays.

The alleged Jesus was born in spring not on 25th of Dec. Not to mention other religious faiths have holidays around this time as well, so why should we use a term that is just for Christians?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: !!! Happy Holidays 20

no1important said:
-3 out this morning. What the hell is going on? So bitter bitter cold for here. Going to Kamloops next Thursday for Holidays until 27th.

I say Happy Holidays.

The alleged Jesus was born in spring not on 25th of Dec. Not to mention other religious faiths have holidays around this time as well, so why should we use a term that is just for Christians?

agree. I kinda like "seasons greetings/best ".........or Cool Yule. :wink:

Cold here too..... but sunny. ( that eary winter sun....)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Well,

I say Merry Christmas because I've always said Merry Christmas and I will continue to say Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas All!

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
#juan said:
Well,

I say Merry Christmas because I've always said Merry Christmas and I will continue to say Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas All!

and the very same to you!!! :santa: :reindeer: :santa:

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Dozens of Santas go on a rampage in New Zealand

A teaser:

WELLINGTON, N.Z. — A group of 40 people dressed in Santa Claus outfits, many of them drunk, went on a rampage through Auckland, New Zealand's largest city, robbing stores, assaulting security guards and urinating from highway overpasses, police said Sunday.

The rampage, dubbed Santarchy by local newspapers, began early Saturday afternoon when the men, wearing ill-fitting Santa costumes, threw beer bottles and urinated on cars from an overpass, said Auckland Central Police spokesman Noreen Hegarty.

She said the men then rushed through a central city park, overturning garbage containers, throwing bottles at passing cars and spraying graffiti on office buildings.

One man climbed the mooring line of a cruise ship before being ordered down by the captain. Other Santas, objecting when the man was arrested, attacked security staff who were later treated by paramedics, Hegarty said. [/end of teaser]

8O

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
Happy Holidays to all of you and yours! !

I came up witha little ditty for you all based an experience I had at 4 this a.m. in Burlington, keep in mind I am not a poet, and am that I'm riding on next no sleep. :roll: It just came to me
Hope you enjoy.

Early this morning, I stopped to drop off a friend, and who did I see?
Santa,drunk, on the street corner , taking a pee.
We honked at poor Santa, and that made him jump, he tripped on a snow bank, and lost grip of his ......um...stump.
I can only hope he was not still mid trickle, or he might of ended up with a painful ice-cicle.
He did get up and as he stumbled around, splashed in the puddle he'd left on the ground,
A good thing I think, no attempts were made, at any leaps or bounds.
As we were driving away I did hear Santa give out a big yell,
Yes I'm pretty sure he cursed us to hell
Next time I'll know to just let him finish, I can only hope his pride wasn't diminished.
Last time I looked , he was back on his way, perhaps wondering .....where he parked his damn sleigh?
:santa:

ole_tex

Nov 6, 2005
#juan said:
Well,

Merry Christmas All!

MERRYCHRISTMAS to all!

Christmas should be a time of peace and goodwill towards all. The commercialization of "Merry Christmas" to "Happy Holidays" is not what this season is all about.

ole_tex

Nov 6, 2005
That ain't nothin' Peapod. Check out muh new signature. Tis the season...Merry Christmas one and all ...