Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
http://www.vhemt.org/aboutvhemt.htm#tet

VHEMT (pronounced vehement) is a movement not an organization. It's a movement advanced by people who care about life on planet Earth. We're not just a bunch of misanthropes and anti-social, Malthusian misfits, taking morbid delight whenever disaster strikes humans. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Voluntary human extinction is the humanitarian alternative to human disasters.

We don't carry on about how the human race has shown itself to be a greedy, amoral parasite on the once-healthy face of this planet. That type of negativity offers no solution to the inexorable horrors which human activity is causing.

Rather, The Movement presents an encouraging alternative to the callous exploitation and wholesale destruction of the Earth's ecology.

As VHEMT Volunteers know, the hopeful alternative to the extinction of millions of species of plants and animals is the voluntary extinction of one species: Homo sapiens... us.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Speak for yourself Rev.. :wink:

I would have only small objections if only the men comitted suicide except for my wife and children and maybe a few friends and maybe you Rev, and you Mike. Of course it would be up to us to repopulate the world. We won't mention this to my wife right away. I hate to see her upset. It would be a hell of a responsibility and a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

pastafarian

Electoral Member
Oct 25, 2005
in the belly of the mouse
Can we really leave anything this important to the off-chance that humans will stop breeding?
I think not.
Committed VHEMETers must be ready for more drastic action!

Any rich VHEMT Volunteers are encouraged to PM me in order to discuss arrangements for adoption (which is a fine alternative to procreation, I might add) and dispensation of their estates, should their extinction plans include altruistic self-annihiliation.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Voluntary Human Extin

er...I meant spawn in the reproductive, not sexual, sense.

There really is no reason for us to continue overpopulating. Actually, it's self destructive...when a population overpopulates it eventually and inevitably suffers a population crash.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
#juan said:
Speak for yourself Rev.. :wink:

I would have only small objections if only the men comitted suicide except for my wife and children and maybe a few friends and maybe you Rev, and you Mike. Of course it would be up to us to repopulate the world. We won't mention this to my wife right away. I hate to see her upset. It would be a hell of a responsibility and a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

You're a standup guy, #juan... if the world needs me, I'll be happy to oblige. :wink:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

sj007 said:
whell it does raise the issue of over population but with most of the birth rates in western countrys we might not even need this orginisation up here

Send then to China and India. We do fine over here.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Re: RE: Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

Jay said:
sj007 said:
whell it does raise the issue of over population but with most of the birth rates in western countrys we might not even need this orginisation up here

Send then to China and India. We do fine over here.

Yeah, but we pollute the earth and drive climate change much more than they do.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
MMMike said:
http://www.vhemt.org/aboutvhemt.htm#tet

VHEMT (pronounced vehement) is a movement not an organization. It's a movement advanced by people who care about life on planet Earth. We're not just a bunch of misanthropes and anti-social, Malthusian misfits, taking morbid delight whenever disaster strikes humans. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Voluntary human extinction is the humanitarian alternative to human disasters.

We don't carry on about how the human race has shown itself to be a greedy, amoral parasite on the once-healthy face of this planet. That type of negativity offers no solution to the inexorable horrors which human activity is causing.

Rather, The Movement presents an encouraging alternative to the callous exploitation and wholesale destruction of the Earth's ecology.

As VHEMT Volunteers know, the hopeful alternative to the extinction of millions of species of plants and animals is the voluntary extinction of one species: Homo sapiens... us.

Hey, I like this group.

If they follow their own ideals to the logical conclusion, they will off themselves very soon, thus raising the average IQ on earth slightly, and ridding us of another self-righteous, preaching association of idiots.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
If they follow their own ideals to the logical conclusion, they will off themselves very soon, thus raising the average IQ on earth slightly, and ridding us of another self-righteous, preaching association of idiots.

And just think if you and your Bush apologist friends all joined that movement it would be doublely helpful!!!!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Where would all the tax money come from if that happened? :)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Did you even read the web-page, Colpy? I doubt it.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Reverend Blair said:

Did you even read the web-page, Colpy? I doubt it.

Good Call, Rev.

Voluntary Human Extinction said it all for me.

Sorry, I have only limited time on my hands.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Colpy said:
. . . they will off themselves very soon, thus raising the average IQ on earth slightly. . .
I don't believe so.

They have enough intelligence to recognize a problem and work it through to a logical, if not sensible, conclusion.

This is far more than 90 per cent of the rest of the world's population can do.

If they do annihilate themselves, I imagine the average world IQ will drop considerably.

If they are able to perform this self annihilation for the reasons professed, the world will also lose a large quantity of the-glass-is-half-full personalities.