I have said this twice.

GreenGreta
Isn't it too early for Christmas stuff?

Some of you guys have Christmas avatars already..... Stop, I like the regular old avatars better....

missile
Heh! Going looking for my Christmas avatar right now

Jo Canadian
Ahhh, Reverse psychology at its best.

sj007
ill crack out the jamming santa in a bit it was such ahit last year

GreenGreta
I'd say call me scrooge, but it isn't even close enough to Christmas to apply.

Twila
Close enough to christmas? What are you talking about. There's only 37shopping days left!!!! achk!

Canucklehead
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

Close enough to christmas? What are you talking about. There's only 37shopping days left!!!! achk!

...and all this time I thought there were only 3 shopping days in the X-Mas season... Dec. 22, 23, 24... 22nd to buy booze, 23rd to buy last minute foodstuffs, 24th to buy presents when the selection makes it an easier task... ya learn something new every day I s'pose

no1important
Wasn't Metrotown open last Christmas day? and there was a stink about it?

GreenGreta
Only 37 shopping days left!!! Oh my goodness......

Jeez, when you put it like that Twila....

It's still to early for Christmas stuff, except shopping (for Twila, anyway)

missile
Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

Wasn't Metrotown open last Christmas day? and there was a stink about it?

Shopper's Drugs and Lawton's were open here then.

GL Schmitt
Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

Wasn't Metrotown open last Christmas day? . . .

That is a wonderful idea!

On Christmas morning everyone exchanges gifts of money, and then all go out shopping together for the exact Christmas present they wished to receive.

In such a situation, there would be little need to see the stores decked out in Christmas decoration earlier than December 20th.

sj007
i think we should celebrate christmas like the othodox the 6th of jan u get all the sales!

Jo Canadian
Merry Chrastmas to awl.

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by Jo Canadian

Merry Chrastmas to awl.

at least they try though....

GL Schmitt
Why are you wishing Merry Christmas to a small pointed tool used for piercing holes?

Summer
oops

Summer
Quote: Originally Posted by GL Schmitt

Why are you wishing Merry Christmas to a small pointed tool used for piercing holes?

What - don't you believe in equal rights for tools?

Jo Canadian
Quote: Originally Posted by GL Schmitt

Quote: Originally Posted by Jo Canadian

Merry Chrastmas to awl.

I figured one misspelling deserves another.

Twila
Merry CRAStmas? I wonder if it's not a freudian slip type dig? Christmas has gotten pretty crass last dozen years or so......

GreenGreta
I wasn't going THAT far. (Crastmas is a little mean) I like Christmas, but I prefer to celebrate it around Christmas time, instead of while it's still warm enough to wear sandals.

Twila
Quote:

but I prefer to celebrate it around Christmas time

So what's your feelings of christmas lights up in February?

sj007
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGreta

I wasn't going THAT far. (Crastmas is a little mean) I like Christmas, but I prefer to celebrate it around Christmas time, instead of while it's still warm enough to wear sandals.

u cant wear sandelz here ull freeze ur toes off sandel season esnda like october

GreenGreta
Normally you can't wear sandals here either, southern ontario...

Christmas lights in February is annoying as well. We will definitely talk about it then, haha.

GL Schmitt
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

So what's your feelings of christmas lights up in February?

Provided they are never turned on, that is okay with me.

It is inexhaustible celebratory zeal that I oppose, not indolence

Summer
Having no porch light, I take down the colored Xmas lights after the holiday and put up a string of plain white ones (no, NOT those insipid "icicle" lights) to serve in lieu of a porch light.

missile
Usually here,the lights are frozen solid to the houses from Christmas on. It's not as if we don't want to take them down--we can't[until the Spring thaw]

sj007
we leave them on all year but ligh tthem up around xmas
saves alot of work with the ladder and dangerous falls

missile
One of our local dentists puts up a large inflatable Grinch on top of his entryway every year. When this happens,I truly know the holiday season has arrived and am happy

GreenGreta
Some chucklehead has his tree up in my building. That just annoys me. It's still fairly warm.

missile
I put my personal decoration up today..just a small stocking with my name on it[hanging on the side of my comp & hoping for nothing ]

no new posts