ReHashing Old Threads

missile
This seems to be the norm here,as in the endless evolution debate. So,here are a few more oldies for you to bring back. [1] Quebec Separation [2]Banning Pit bullsand [3] Capital Punishment. Just don't expect me to participate in any way but jokingly

peapod
Your a genuis missile, there is no other way to respond to endless twaddle

missile
Thanx Pea Should we still burn witches? What of the ecological fallout of the burnings? Are there more efficient ways of disposal of said witches?How are witches treated in Kansas?

Jo Canadian
Perhaps the New England state should make a formal apology for the witches of the past.

As for Kansas...There's gotta be witches there, I mean if you're on the Intelligent design boat there has to be a greater evil to blame your actions on rather than...um, your actions.

missile
It's the Wizard Of Oz who's behind all the evil in Kansas! Dorothy knew how to deal with witches..just drop a house on 'em.

peapod
Well just has you get a flu shoot, one should be sure to get their neocon shoot

missile
Down here,the old Sunday Shopping Debate is starting up again. HoHum! N.S. doesn't have it and we do and Sobeys doesn't like the arrangement. I'm fatalistic and never get a flu shot

peapod
Well good for nova scotia missile, you mean those people can actually survive without going into a mall on sunday Well I be jiggered :P

Reverend Blair
What's a mall?

missile
They've had numerous votes on Sunday shopping there and always,they were voted down. it's not an issue for me ,but I can understand that many people have no other time to shop but on Sunday..working two jobs and looking after their kids doesn't leave much time for anything else.

peapod
Talk about your big brother miss, can't hold a candle to commerce, infecting humaniods, like...ehm...pod people pfffft...screw you buddy, your not getting my greenbacks so you can expliot, and lay around on a boat, drinking. One less cog in the wheel of commerce

Reverend Blair
What's a mall?

missile
A mall is a sort of sledge hammer

Reverend Blair
No, that's a maul. I have a couple of them.

Oh well, think I'll wander off to the agora and buy some smokes.

Colpy
Actually witches were traditionally hanged.

Makes them easier to compost.

peapod
Wow! when you had that image in your head, were you also stroking your gun

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy

Actually witches were traditionally hanged.

Makes them easier to compost.

I thought we burned them.

missile
In Salem,Mass. they were hanged

missile
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

Wow! when you had that image in your head, were you also stroking your gun

Is Gun some kind of metaphor?

Hard-Luck Henry
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Thanx Pea Should we still burn witches? What of the ecological fallout of the burnings? Are there more efficient ways of disposal of said witches?How are witches treated in Kansas?

Did you know that in England women were burned, rather than hung, drawn and quartered like male heretics and traitors often were? It was claimed this was done to protect the women's "decency" I kid you, not.

How flaming civilised, if you'll pardon the pun.

peapod
Well I leave that for you to decide miss missile, one does not need a degree in psychology to see the obvious

GreenGreta
They also used to hide us in caves when we had our periods.... History shows little of a "woman's decency"

We are really just pawns to you ***** people, aren't we...

Canucklehead
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGreta

We are really just pawns to you ***** people, aren't we...

Pawns?! Oh Greta... you sorely misunderstand us males... we much prefer concub.... uhhhh mates :P:P /hide

As for witches & warlocks... hanging seems a much better method... forest critters need to eat too, ya know Besides... it's much more ecological than sending all that soot into the air, yuck!

peapod
perhaps dexter knows about this, but I recall reading that what really happened during the salem witch hunts, was that it was actually a mould on the grain that was used to make bread at that time, was the cause for the strange behaviour, a kind of acid trip.
A perfect example of how science works, and a perfect example of how the ignorant work.

You chicken canucklehead...to scared to write the whole word eh :P concubine :P

Canucklehead
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

perhaps dexter knows about this, but I recall reading that what really happened during the salem witch hunts, was that it was actually a mould on the grain that was used to make bread at that time, was the cause for the strange behaviour, a kind of acid trip.
A perfect example of how science works, and a perfect example of how the ignorant work.

You chicken canucklehead...to scared to write the whole word eh :P concubine :P

No... not chicken... it's just that the estrogen levels on the board are high enough that my survival instinct kicked in whilst writing that post.... and who am I to argue with genetic coding?! :P

peapod
Well sundays are usually a day of rest :P

Reverend Blair
Speaking of Sunday and rehashing things....should I mix corned beef or deer sausage in with yesterday's mashed taters?

peapod
...call out the dog rev Should I or I should not, reheat this spinach and feta cheese pizza.

Reverend Blair
I like left-over pizza cold.

I think I'll go for both...there really isn't much of either left. Toss in a big, red onion too. Fry up a couple eggs, make some toast (mmm...pumpernikle toast) and it's brunch.

peapod
Well toss in some real hash and you might be on to something :P