U.S.: Happy Thanksgiving Day.!

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Happy Thanksgiving day to all our american posters and all of America. May it be a good one for all.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Well thanks Ocean. Although today is Election Day. The 11th of the month is Veterans Day (Your Remembrance Day) and Thanksgiving is on the 24th of November.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I think not said:
Well thanks Ocean. Although today is Election Day. The 11th of the month is Veterans Day (Your Remembrance Day) and Thanksgiving is on the 24th of November.

Just a minor technicality.... :)

Come up and see me on the 24th (ish) and I will cook you a turkey.

(I might get you to do some painting too) :)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think not said:

you notice that the TG wishes are designed to be early. :wink:

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
For us in Winchester Virginia it means the ELF will appear the day after Thanksgiving. It is a local tradition to pay homage to this hard drinking, cigar smoking elf, a man in leotards of great girth and menacing feeling.

He steps to the microphone by traditionally kicking the Skary-yokie singer out the front door at which the crowd stands and bows to this Great Elf.

Thus commences The Speech of the Elf, who summaries for all of us who have come from the Mother Ship our travails of having orbited the Sun one more time.

It is a moment of Great Significance for us.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
TVNL Editor's Comments: Today is Thanksgiving Day in America. Today is the day we are supposed to give thanks for what we have. We are supposed to give thanks for the privilege if living in “the greatest nation in the world”, whatever that means. Today is the day we celebrate the wonderful history of America and all the wonderful things about this nation.

Today we are not supposed to think about how we got this wonderful land. We are not supposed to remember the people who lived here before we “discovered” America. We are not supposed remember how we slaughtered the indigenous people of this nation; people who were decent and hard working. They were not "freedom hating" "evil" people. They were people of God who cared for their land, water and air as God would have. People whose nation we now occupy.

And in a sentiment that personifies American self righteousness we see what we want to see and we celebrate this day without thought one about the good people whose land we stole and whose dignity we destroyed.

As America continues its assault on human dignity, human rights, the health of the earth and of the perception of reality I have stopped fooling myself into believing how perfect we are for if we continue to ignore our faults we can never correct them. Think about it! – Jesse, Editor, TvNewsLIES.org

A little sobering, ain't it??

neocon-hunter

Time Out
Sep 27, 2005
Cloverdale, BC
RE: U.S.: Happy Thanksgi

Out of curiosity do any of you ever have something instead of turkey for thanksgiving?

I have steak or pork roast instead sometimes. Had duck a couple years and a Goose one year.

But if I go to family's we usually have a Turkey, A whole baked or bbq'd Salmon (usually Sockeye but sometimes Chinook or "spring") and a ham plus the sides.