Ok what would you do if this happened?

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
This is straight out of a movie, yet I promise you it is happening right now. I am in the process of calling my bank repeatedly screaming for answers.

Ok, here goes. I logged into my BMO online account and was FREAKED right out to see a 50,000 Dollar investment portfolio attached to my account. Not only that but some woman's Mastercard info also managed to be linked to me. She has the same name as me and thoughtfully gave me this money. Everywhere you go in this website, it is begging me to cash out this woman's money.

Seriously, I had her entire mastercard number and a link to cash advance. I had her full name and address and phone number. I could have easily taken this woman's entire identity and it would have been the banks fault.

For the record, I have notified the woman in question and have left messages for the bank manager.

So, what would you guys do.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Holy crap! Probably the same as you. Might be an idea to change your password too. Wonder what is REALLY going on. How is the security on that bank site???

If it asking you to cash the funds........that is a major red alert.

Hacker??

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
RE: Ok what would you do

I agree with Missile, what you did wa the right thing to do. I would probably have done the same thing.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
I hope the woman just freaks out on the bank. I feel more for her than me.

Sadly no one has phoned me back yet. You'd think someone would care. This is a enormous security problem and they are damn lucky it was me and not someone else.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Its a good idea to check on all your accounts on a regular basis,then ,any errors you find can be corrected quickly. Your credit report,too[mine had a car repo on it & I have never owned or driven a car!]

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
I spoke to the wee lady and she was quite happy it was me and not some unscrupulous weirdo. She is going to call the bank and freak out.

I am getting into heaven for sure now. Whew, I was worried there for a minute.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
K so you are all very proud of me. Pats on the back for greta or what?

Let's hear it for me.
For the record, the BANK still has not called. You'd think they'd be all over this.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The obvious thing to do, since you've already done the right thing, is to switch banks. By continuing to use the bank, you are accepting their incompetence.

BMO has just proved to you that they are not capable of managing other people's affairs. Why would you trust them with yours?

If we all continue to accept this stuff, it will continue to happen.