Aww ... those ickle seals is soooo cute ...

Hard-Luck Henry
Aww ... isn't that just lovely? (external - login to view) :P

( )

peapod
thats what happens when you stick your nose where it does not belong :P

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

thats what happens when you stick your nose where it does not belong :P

now.......how did I just KNOW someone would come up with that one???

.......actually they are sooooo cute.........from a distance..

no1important
Ouch! Nasty!

But Pea is right, thats what you get for sticking your nose where it don't belong.

I know she had good intentions but wild animals are best left to people that know how to handle them.

Cosmo
And people wonder why I wear fur ....

peapod
Well why don't you put some of that fur on your avatar Actually I have had seals take a fish from me, but I use my hands, not my nose

#juan
It sounds initially funny

to hear that some unfortunate woman got her nose bit off but I would say it is a terrible disfiguring injury. It will take many operations to build back something even reasonable.

peapod
She must have been in his face to get her nose bite off...poor women...never trust any mammal with big sad brown eyes :P

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

Well why don't you put some of that fur on your avatar

Twila
She must have forgot that it was wild. You'd think being in Africa and all she'd know that just cause it's cute don't mean it's harmless.....

Andygal
why didn't she just phone a wildlife rescue organization? Whatever possessed her to try to handle a wild animal on her own, the world may never know.

Twila
People are stupid. They make dumb decisions all the time.

An Australian lady while visiting a zoo (location unknown) decided to climb over 3 security fences. 3! to get a close up picture of a polar bear. Another polar bear in this inclosure grabbed her leg and tried to pull her through the fence. Broke her leg in multiple places and she was mad because people were calling her stupid! Imagine!

Andygal
holy crap, she's lucky she didn't get KILLED because of that little stunt.

no1important
Well people tend to be stupid around animals, they think they are safe because they are in cages and that they look so cuddly and cute, but polar bears, lions etc can reach through and when they grab they don't let go easy.

Wasn't someone grabbed by a tiger or something a few years ago and dragged into cage. I vaguely remember something like that happening and an incident with an ape/guerilla as well.

With my luck I would fall into a penguin pond and be chewed into little bits and bites a little bit at a time to death. ha ha I do love seeing the penguins though, they are my favourite animal. I wish I could have one as a pet.

Twila
Quote:

I vaguely remember something like that happening and an incident with an ape/guerilla as well.

It was a little boy who fell into the gorilla enclosure. A male gorilla (not the silverback or alpha) actually protected the boy from the other gorilla's until he was rescued!

That close relationship we share through dna has some other relative similarities when it comes to how they operate their society. We are really not that special us humans. Coco (the gorilla) talks in sign language. Not just repeating but thinking conversation. Chimpanzee's form war parties and will invade another chimpanzee familie's territory and murder them. Chimpanzee males have also used weapons and tools.

Amazing! Makes me wonder if we'll not soon learn that prion diseases can be caught by eating ape meat.......

peapod
I saw a documentary on hunting chimps.. nasty nasty..lil critters :P

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

Well why don't you put some of that fur on your avatar

Howzat Pea? Your number one fan is now my avatar.

peapod
Yikes! it looks like he is morphing into a werewolf or something.