What things keep you young

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
I stay out of the sun. I look like years younger than a lot of women my age.

I like talking to my kid about sex, drugs and music. I have gone to his high school parties, and they remind me of mine. Right down to Iron Maiden screaming in the background. Biggest difference tho, is no one had a lighter. What kind of 16 year olds dont' have lighters?

My kid teaches me all the silly slang that they use at school. My kid tells me everything. I am allowed to feel like a teenager because I am so included in one's life.

I keep my hair long and wear blue jeans. I feel young.

What about you guys, what do you do?

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
I have my hair long, and I love comfy clothes,

I learned how to waterski this summer, and love to play with the kids and get messy

I had my son know all the words to Motley Crue's shout at the devil, at age 3, and I keep the lines of communication open.

I smile a lot

I still get ID's at the beer store. (I have a pic or 2 of myself and the kids and mr. manda in the pix thread BTW)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: What things keep you

I keep my hair long too. Well, maybe "keep" is a bit of stretch. Really it's just a matter of not getting it cut. I do try to brush it sometimes though.

I don't know that anything keeps me young though. I have two teeth left, arthritis, and an attitude problem.

Ah, there it is. My attitude problem keeps me young. I've never lost the ability to get pissed off at injustice, question people who wear suits, allows me to do things with a smoke hanging out of my mouth that most my age age can't manage at all, live on coffee and cheeseburgers for indefinite periods, spend as much on beer as most people spend on cars, back down one way streets (with a beer between my legs and smoke in my mouth) instead of going around the block.

Ah, there it really is...my inherent self-destructiveness keeps me young. That and the fact that I'm a leprechaun.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Re: RE: What things keep you young

GreenGreta said:
That's right, I remember - long dark hair on couch.

I posted no pics cause really, who wants to look at me.

Ah, come on sure they do..I do anyway Greta...a leprachun Rev?, care to share that pot o gold?

The two left feet reminds me...I love to dance, keeps me fit too!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Gold is only gold, though. You can't eat it or build a house with it. People who chase rainbows never stop to look at them. Shoes that are yellow got that colour somehow.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
keeps me young?? Hmm. my pets. (no kids ) and the MG. May sound silly.........but on a nice top down day.......it is very easy to lose many years as one drives the sea to sky corridor.

btw : manda. GREAT looking boys..... !!! Good job , girl. :)

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
I like talking to my kid about sex, drugs and music. I have gone to his high school parties, and they remind me of mine.

...wow....you have gone to high school parties....you must really look young to do that. 8O

.....anyways I keep looking young by running at the gym and working out a few times a week. An few hours of sweat a week will keep you looking young.....

It also helps that I got an insanely high metabolism......I'm 5"11 and only 165 although I eat like I am 18......but it's nice not to have a belly when your in your late 30's :wink:

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Re: RE: What things keep you

Reverend Blair said:
I keep my hair long too. Well, maybe "keep" is a bit of stretch. Really it's just a matter of not getting it cut. I do try to brush it sometimes though.

I don't know that anything keeps me young though. I have two teeth left, arthritis, and an attitude problem.

Ah, there it is. My attitude problem keeps me young. I've never lost the ability to get pissed off at injustice, question people who wear suits, allows me to do things with a smoke hanging out of my mouth that most my age age can't manage at all, live on coffee and cheeseburgers for indefinite periods, spend as much on beer as most people spend on cars, back down one way streets (with a beer between my legs and smoke in my mouth) instead of going around the block.

Ah, there it really is...my inherent self-destructiveness keeps me young. That and the fact that I'm a leprechaun.

Are you kidding us? You are 40 and have only 2 teeth left? And arthritis? Tell us the truth, now. Are you exaggerating?

Percy

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Are you kidding us? You are 40 and have only 2 teeth left? And arthritis? Tell us the truth, now. Are you exaggerating?

Yes I am exaggerating...I'm actually 41. Other than that...yup, the truth. Kinda cool, because my last hemophilia test (oh yeah, got that too) they took some extra blood for the geneticist.

No worries though...I have some teeth made out of acrylic, and I treat the arthritis with beer and herbs because the the doctor's pills make me piss blood. In the end, I can operate just like the average man in a grey flannel suit. I choose not to though. Go figure.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Reverend Blair said:

Yes I am exaggerating...I'm actually 41. Other than that...yup, the truth. Kinda cool, because my last hemophilia test (oh yeah, got that too) they took some extra blood for the geneticist.

No worries though...I have some teeth made out of acrylic, and I treat the arthritis with beer and herbs because the the doctor's pills make me piss blood. In the end, I can operate just like the average man in a grey flannel suit. I choose not to though. Go figure.

BRAVO !!!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Plus, it's easier to take care of fake teeth, am I right?

Kind of. They are easier to brush and whatever is in that pill I toss into the glass takes care of the rest. I still have to clean my mouth out though, which basically requires using a toothbrush to clean my gums.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC

so do you have the kind of fake teeth that you take out and leave in a glass overnight? Or do people still use those?

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
No worries though...I have some teeth made out of acrylic, and I treat the arthritis with beer and herbs because the the doctor's pills make me piss blood.

...that is possibly the most vulgar disgusting thing I have hear on this forum....lol....geeez urinating blood....it makes me feel dizzy just thinkin bout that.

.....there are two kinds of people who are leprechauns... those who are short and wobble and those who have faces that look like rasins....as is the case with the PM .