Beer: 19.95 for a 12 pack or about 13 something for "value"
Bananas 39 cents a pound
Bread 1.39
Pot between 45-60 a bag
Gas Today is 90 cents
A large Tim hortons coffee 1.35
busfare 2.35
My phone and cable are about 50 bucks each
I pay 862 for my 2 bedroom apt (util included)
My car insurance is 117 bucks for a ten year old car.

What about everywhere/one else?

Reverend Blair
Smokes: About ten bucks a pack for DuMaurier. Two 40 gram pouches of Drum and one Zig Zag Blue papers is about $28.00.

Beer: Just under $20.00 for a dozen Two Rivers Red.

Bananas and bread cost about the same here.

Pot: My experience is that's free.

Gas: 95.9 at the Esso. It'll be a couple cents more in the city.

A large Tim hortons coffee: I have no idea.

busfare: I'll let you know if friggin' Mayor Sam Katz ever gets us some friggin' service.

My phone is about $35.00

cable is about $50.00

I paid $50k for an 1100 sq ft house on a 55 by 333 ft lot. It would go for somewhere between $80k and $100k now, according to the vague "sell your house" pamphlets that real estate agents keep dropping in the mail box.

My truck insurance is just under $300 a year for a twenty year old truck.[/quote]

Diamond Sun
Hmm...

Smokes: Don't know. I think somewhere around $10/pack

Beer: Couldn't tell you. I haven't been in a liquor store for 7 months...

Not sure on bananas, but apples are between $0.99 and $1.29/lb

Bread: The whole wheat stuff is $1.99

Gas: Yesterday was at $1.029, but earlier in the week it was $1.089

Timmy's: I think about $1.60 or so for a large, oh maybe that's extra large

Bus Fare: I haven't taken the bus in years, but if gas keeps going up I might. That is if there was any service to my area.

Phone is about $30 + $15 for my long distance plan

Cable : Internet is $25, cable is $20 (basic basic cable)

Rent: Probably like $800-$1500 for two bedroom suites. Average house is $300,000 to start. That's average. We're lucky, we live in my inlaws house and they don't charge us the crazy rental prices.

Car Insurance: Just dropped to $96/month. That's, of course, with my 7 year clean driving record and 43% discount.

Nascar_James
Here are the prices in Oklahoma ...

Smokes: about 4 US dollars a pack
Beer: a 12 pack of Bud or Miller Genuine Draft on sale goes for under 7 bucks US
Bananas: 39 - 49 cents a pound --- fluctuates
Bread: you can get it for 99 cents a loaf if you shop around ... ie Wal Mart
Pot: --- N/A---
Gas today: Gas: $2.09/gallon Diesel: $2.99/gallon
A small Starbucks Coffee: $1.75
Busfare: ---N/A---
Phone: $26/month
Directtv satellite: costs $29.99/month for 125 channels, $39.99/month for 225 channels.
COX Digital cable: $38/month
New Model Homes: Here Cost in the range of $95K-750K. A brand new full brick 2 story 4 bedroom 2400 sq/ft home with 2 car garage comes to under 150K after options added.
Vehicle insurance: $750/6 months or $480/6 months depending on vehicle.

unclepercy
Quote: Originally Posted by Nascar_James

Here are the prices in Oklahoma ...

Smokes: about 4 US dollars a pack
Beer: a 12 pack of Bud or Miller Genuine Draft on sale goes for under 7 bucks US
Bananas: 39 - 49 cents a pound --- fluctuates
Bread: you can get it for 99 cents a loaf if you shop around ... ie Wal Mart
Pot: --- N/A---
Gas today: Gas: $2.09/gallon Diesel: $2.99/gallon
A small Starbucks Coffee: $1.75
Busfare: ---N/A---
Phone: $26/month
Directtv satellite: costs $29.99/month for 125 channels, $39.99/month for 225 channels.
COX Digital cable: $38/month
New Model Homes: Here Cost in the range of $95K-750K. A brand new full brick 2 story 4 bedroom 2400 sq/ft home with 2 car garage comes to under 150K after options added.
Vehicle insurance: $750/6 months or $480/6 months depending on vehicle.

__________________________________________________ _________

Smokes are $32 a carton here in the Southwest. (USA)
Beer? - wouldn't know
Bananas - 39 cents a lb.
Bread - good quality - $1.29 for Sunbeam
Starbucks - haven't been lately
Busfare - we have monorail and fare depends on distance, but you must drive about 10 miles to station.
VOiP phone - free - Cell $39.99 a mo.
Cable TV w/high speed modem - the Platinum package $162.00 mo.
New home - 2,000 sq ft - $150,00 - $175,000
Car insurance - $600 every six mos - 2 cars.

Uncle

Nascar_James
Quote: Originally Posted by unclepercy

here in the Southwest. (USA)

Uncle

Southwest? hmmm ... Phoenix or Albuquerque? Been to both cities, both very nice. Although Albuquerque is a little nicer since you don't have as much dry heat, Uncle.

unclepercy

Uncle

Southwest? hmmm ... Phoenix or Albuquerque? Been to both cities, both very nice. Although Albuquerque is a little nicer since you don't have as much dry heat, Uncle.

Which one has a monorail? BTW, we heard that gas was cheaper in OK. It's about $2.51 here - (or was yesterday).

Uncle

Nascar_James

Uncle

Which one has a monorail? BTW, we heard that gas was cheaper in OK. It's about $2.51 here - (or was yesterday).

Uncle

Las Vegas!

unclepercy

Uncle

Uncle

Las Vegas!

You are technically correct/but you're getting colder. You should know from what I said about the OU football game.

Uncle

no1important
Smokes- $6.53 including tax for cheapies or 8$ for regular and thats for a 20 pack.

Beer- $16-20 for a twelve pack depending on brand.

Whiskey- $20.05 for 26 of "Alberta Premium" almost 29 for a 26 of crown or 23.50 for jim beam.

Pot- 40 for a 1/4 120- 140 for an oz.

Bread 79 cents to 99 cents a loaf for a 567 gram/20 oz loaf.

Gas- 97.9 a litre

Extra Large Tim Hortons 1.45 plus tax = 1.55 total.

Bus fare 2.25- 4.50 depending on whether 1,2 or 3 zones.

Cable $64 a month- included hi speed, digital with US Superstations.

Cell phone- 40$ a month with 100 daytime and 100 long distance and unlimited 6 pm to 7 am and unlimited weekends and unlimited incoming calls and 20 calls to one number.

Banana's anywhere from 39 cents to 89 depending on store and time.

Nascar_James

Uncle

Uncle

Las Vegas!

You are technically correct/but you're getting colder. You should know from what I said about the OU football game.

Uncle

Austin, Texas!

You threw me off course, Uncle. I would consider Texas the south, not the south west. I always thought the south west started with New Mexico or Arizona. Guess there are different interpretations.

At times I also hear different versions to describe my state. I've always thought Oklahoma to be part of the mid-west, however some folks say it is part of the deep south or even south.

WIAF
Smokes: $1.50-2.50/pack
Beer: about $7 for equivalent to 12 pack
Bananas: $0.50/lb
Bread: $0.60/loaf
Pot: unknown
Gas Today is $1.30/liter
A large Tim hortons coffee is unavailable
busfare $0.80
My phone bill depends on usage (typically $25/month): no cable
I own my home without mortgage.

Other items:

Meat: $4-8/kg
Bottle of vodka: $8
Potatoes: $0.20/kg

bevvyd
Gas 98.5 full serve
bread $3.50 (premium) or .89 (value priced crap)
rent $500 1 bedroom, utilities included
Tim's Coffee ? Same with StarBucks
pot $40 1/4; $150 oz. or free if you grow your own
bananas .49
satellite with 399 channels $80

I own my own home too, hydro payments $200/mo. :}

GreenGreta
So the most important thing with this poll I noticed is....

Hey I can get pretty cheap weed.

Frappuccino Dibs
Well fuel in the uk is around 92 pence per litre at the mo.

Considering theres about 2.08 Canadian dollars to the pound, then we pay around 1.9 canadian dollars per litre.

Pretty much everything here is more expensive than the rest of the world.

manda
smokes, about $10.90 premium, $9.50 value

Beer- 18.80, 12bottles, no cans here

Bananas-0.69/lb

Pot, I don't smoke, but about $20.00 a gram

Bus fare-2.00 if you can catch 1 of the only 4 around the city

Gas_ 99.1 reg self serve

Bread about 1.40 for a loaf of white, but I make mine

meat depends on where you buy it, I buy local and it is much cheaper.

Rent- 695.00 for a 3 bdrm townhouse 3 yrs old fuel efficient furnace and full basement, no util included, it's also Rent to own.

Insurance- 847 for plpd- car and minivan per year.

Did I miss anything?

manda
aah yes Tims-1.53 for a large, Robins is $1.40 and tastes better

GreenGreta
ROBINS COFFEE KICKS ***. We don't have Robin's in Southern Ontario, they ALL closed down. I miss it soooo much (plus I worked for their head office, so it was free ALL DAY LONG) mmmm Robin's Coffee. Cute little logo too, ain't no stupid donut with a hat on like Tim Hortons.

But To Frappacino.....
In the UK you have such delicious chocolates, crisps and butter. Just the butter alone makes it worth living in the UK. Don't forget Bisto Granules, we don't have those either. Or Minstrels. Or Prawn crisps. Plus everything is Canada is really young, you won't find a 300 year old anything in canada.

God what I wouldn't do for plate of soda bread right now, and I personally hate the ****.

manda
I haven't been in England since I was 4, even though it's where my father's from. Last time I was there I got food poisoning...and even that was more expensive

GreenGreta
That's funny ****.

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGreta

That's funny ****.

Chicken was evil

you'll have to come visit my neck of the woods and get some Robins into your system, and visit me and the family, I feel your withdrawl, for a while there was only one on the Island

Hard-Luck Henry
Naturally, the price varies according to the quality, but roughly (and even more roughly, given my attempts at GBP to CAD conversion):

Smokes: $10
Beer: At home $2, at the pub $5
Bananas: No idea.
Bread: $2
Pot: "crap" Morroccan $70 oz, "good" skunk $200 oz., according to an associate of mine.
Gas: $2 litre
A large Tim hortons coffee: No such thing - a large Costa/Starbucks coffee is about $4-5.
busfare: $2
My phone and cable: Varies. $140 a month (-ish?)
My car insurance is zilch, though Mrs H pays maybe $500+ p.a.
House & utilities: much of the rest.

unclepercy

Quote: Originally Posted by unclepercyQuote: Originally Posted by Nascar_JamesQuote: Originally Posted by unclepercyQuote: Originally Posted by Nascar_JamesQuote: Originally Posted by unclepercyhere in the Southwest. (USA)
UncleSouthwest? hmmm ... Phoenix or Albuquerque? Been to both cities, both very nice. Although Albuquerque is a little nicer since you don't have as much dry heat, Uncle.Which one has a monorail? BTW, we heard that gas was cheaper in OK. It's about $2.51 here - (or was yesterday).
UncleLas Vegas!You are technically correct/but you're getting colder. You should know from what I said about the OU football game.
UncleAustin, Texas!
You threw me off course, Uncle. I would consider Texas the south, not the south west. I always thought the south west started with...

Quote has been trimmed
I know what you mean about the name of the region. I see it listed as south central. South. West. Southwest. I sorta like Southwest because of the Cowboy image...it fits more than SOUTH. But we really are south central. Go figure.

Uncle

Reverend Blair
South by Southwest is in Austin though, so southwest should suffice. Did you check out any of the Canadian bands at that this year, Uncle?