What do you drive?

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmo

Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze

MGB.... 77 and in rather good shape for her vintage. Looking to do some restoration on her.......a bit at a time.

red in color and as sweet ,sweet can be.

(shamefully biased

Ocean ... I'm drooling here! Post us a pic, will ya?

I used to have a '62 Austin Healy Sprite ... looked a lot like an MG with big round front fenders. Felt like Mata Hari driving around in it.

I also had a '69 Chevelle convertible. Nice car.

And I had a Harley.

But, *sigh*, these days I drive a '92 Ford F150. A gift from my Daddy-O when we moved out here. Thing is a damn tank. We're going to get rid of it and hope to get a little Mazda that will actually FIT on the streets of Victoria!

hi cosmos No success in posting it as a pic........but after resizing posted it as an avatar. Loses the detail of course. Man beside her..........is her mechanic./care taker. ( a terrific chap from Holland who used to be a racer..... and knows the likes of Schuemacker (sp) etc.

Will leave it as an avatar for a bit.......and then revert back to Halloween themes..

no1important
Get a photobucket account, upload it to there then link it to here.

Ocean Breeze
OK.........no.1 .......giving it a try now......

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../MGandRudy.jpg

she is not as clean as she usually is........after being manhandled by her mechanic..

but Cosmo .........thar she be..

Ocean Breeze
No 1....... THANKS A mil. I never could figure out how to do this.

(I owe ya a drink......

no1important
Looks Good!

Cosmo
Ocean ... What a beauty!!!! Lucky you! Have to come over and take us all for a spin!

manda
is vary purdyy

Ocean Breeze
thanks folks......... I feel really lucky to have her. And even more lucky to have an excellent guy to work on her. As maintaining her /parts etc can be a challenge. Fortunately there is Octagon Motors which caters to us MG buffs....and one can get any little part one needs. ( for a ...umm. price....

What I would love to do is bring her up to better or near mint condition. (ouch....megabucks) and then do the MG drive along the sea to sky corridor. (highway 99 Vancr. To Whistler)

( IF--no...WHEN I win that lottery.......look out

manda
I drive a 1992 Saturn SL1 and a demon mini-van

Frappuccino Dibs
Our new car. (hope this works)

manda
This just depresses me

no1important
Thats a sharp looking car. wow.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Thats a sharp looking car.

Actually, the corners are all pretty rounded. :P

Quote:

This just depresses me

Hey, your Saturn is ten years newer than my truck.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by manda

This just depresses me

your car is a LOT newer than mine. chin up girl.

mrmom2
Nice car Dibbs is there anywhere you actually get to open her up over there?

Frappuccino Dibs
Strictly speaking, no. There isn't any public roads in the UK where any fast car can really be used.

If we're willing to take the hit on tyre wear, fuel and the risk obviously, we can take cars on race tracks to stretch their legs.

Our speed limits are higher than yours though and as that car is faster than most on the road it's easy to feel like your going much faster than every body else.

That car has about a 2.6 litre engine and about 190bhp with a top speed limited to around 150mph. Not bad for 'off the forecourt' specs.

Why do American/Canadian cars seem to require huge capacity engines - 8 litres etc? It dosn't improve performance so why?

GreenGreta
That Mazda is pretty feckin sweet. Sadly, Uncle Murphy will get involved and as soon as you are truly in love with it...... BAM some little kid on a three wheeler will scratch up the side like you wouldn't believe. Of course, it will be your own kid so you'll really get to punish him.

Now don't be too jealous here guys, but I have a 1995 grand am with 200k on it. Runs like total **** and it even smells bad. I'd post a picture, but who the hell would want to look at it..

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Why do American/Canadian cars seem to require huge capacity engines - 8 litres etc? It dosn't improve performance so why?

A complete lack of advertising imagination combined with lazy engineers. We've been sold bigger is better forever. Car makers tend to use off the shelf parts when building a new model. It's way easier to produce low-end torque with size rather than innovation. As a result, we still put huge engines in things.

Riyko
*sighs* I have a 1992 Ford Tempo which is about ready to die on me and my parents are going to be getting rid of it and i'll be car less

thecdn
I ride a Suzuki DL650 V-Strom to work daily. We also have a 2005 Hyundai Tucson and a 1998 Pontiac Transport. I've always had a bike but it's nice being able to ride it year round and not have to put it away for winter.

Kreskin
I've got an 05 Corolla and an 06 Yaris. I miss not having something to haul away junk with but with the cost of gas these days I can live without it.

Riyko
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin

I've got an 05 Corolla and an 06 Yaris. I miss not having something to haul away junk with but with the cost of gas these days I can live without it.

Isn't it a 07 instead of 06 Yaris? I ask because from what I know the Yaris came out last month unless i'm way far behind on alot of things XD

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by Riyko

Isn't it a 07 instead of 06 Yaris? I ask because from what I know the Yaris came out last month unless i'm way far behind on alot of things XD

The 06 came out in Canada but the 07 was the first in the US.

fuzzylogix
http://spyder1982.tripod.com/sitebui...ures/cala0.jpg[img][/img]

fuzzylogix
oops that didnt work- sorry!

Riyko

The 06 came out in Canada but the 07 was the first in the US.

Ah ok, that does make sence, the US is late at getting things.

dekhqonbacha
I drive civic 1.5l. Very cheap on gas. Good car for the student to find parking lot in the downtown of Montreal

SlayerJake

Mazda MX-6 1995. I love my car.

selfactivated
I can tell!! lol Mines a sweet little red chevy cavalier 1993 and the liscence plate says.....yes you guessed it......NEMASTE

quinton
I drive a Giant Boulder and when I want performance I drive my sporty vehicle - the Norco Charger.

Both of them get about 100 kilometers on a days worth of food and drink.

They also have zero-emissions.