National cookie or biscuit

peapod
Me thinks canuckland needs a national cookie, or biscuit as bigh says. Bigh and his chocolate hobnobs...biscuits I mean...as in cookies
Besides the yummy factor the cookie/biscuit must have a good dunking qualitites. None of those cookie/biscuits that crumble into the bottom of the cupa when dunked! We need a cookie/biscuit that can suck up the cupa and not crumble...name your cookie/biscuit for the esteemed postion of national cookie/biscuit....

side note: no jaffacakes bigh

Vanni Fucci
I nominate the much vaunted bunnypants cookie...not sure about the crumbling part, maybe you could fill us in on their absorbant properties Pea...

peapod
....mmmmmmmmmmmmm very good cookie/biscuit vanni. Not sure about the dunking factor...perhaps zen and edge could do a test....right now I am testing dog biscuits in my cupa, not tasty, but not bits in the bottom of da cupa. I tried another chocolate covered cookie/biscuit, but I licked the choclate off first, which undermined the dunking factor

May you crackers never go mouldy

bevvyd
I prefer to dunk Peak Freans, be it Sugar Cookies or Shortbread Cookies they stand up to the best cup of tea, well that's been my experience anyways.

bevvyd
Oh and I totally agree that we need this national/provincial cookie. Oh oh oh we could collect all provinces and territory, oh the marketing possibilities.

Reverend Blair
I like to dunk ginger snaps. They stand up well and the ginger adds a hint of flavour to the coffee.

peapod
yes rev gingersnaps do work good, but the dunkin has to be timed just right, here is a tip about gingersnaps, wizz a few around in a food processor, and than add the crumbs to gravy...yummmmmm

tim bits...are they allowed or are they classified as cake, also trying to dunk the tim bits is a wee bit awkward....a toothpick is required.

bevvyd
Disallowed, no timbits.

peapod
darn! no timbits and they were workin so well :P

bevvyd
Sorry but they extra sweeten the tea or coffee with their coatings of icing or when the jelly blob falls in.

peapod
Okay bigh...lets hear it! name your crisp/biscuit

missile
I like those PC cookies with the peanut butter filling,and they do a nice dunk,too.

peapod
Yes but do you takem apart and lick the peanut butter first, than dunk...I think that is not in the rules, its the whole biscuit or nuttin.

MMMike
National cookie? Its gotta be the maple leaf shaped, maple syrup shaped cookie, no??? But dunking is highly overrated imho.

missile
Dunking is only for those old stale doughnuts

peapod
I have dunked those mike, and it works well...you may be on to something...however they do not go well with baked beans..the combo is a well known combust on da island.

missile
If you really want to blow body parts apart,try eating cheddar cheese and baked beans together. just don't go anywhere near polite society for a day or two.

MMMike
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

I have dunked those mike, and it works well...you may be on to something...however they do not go well with baked beans..the combo is a well known combust on da island.

Cookies with baked beans???? I always knew you left coasters were a strange bunch. :P

Hard-Luck Henry

Okay bigh...lets hear it! name your crisp/biscuit

I'm not too fussed on biscuits, lil' p - probably something chunky and oatmeally. I'm also partial to the occassional choc/nut cookie thing. Never, ever dunk though. Terribly common.

Remember this?

"The call came late one afternoon. I remember it because I had just been trying to invent a new biscuit. Ever try that? Ever wonder why there isn't a wider variety of biscuits available? Just try inventing one and you'll have your answer. Biscuits basically fall into two catergories; plain and sandwich. Okay, you get some coated with chocolate, or sprinkled with sugar, or with bits in, but basically there are two types. The problem for inventors is that as soon as you take it out of two dimensions and buid it up, it becomes a cake. Biscuit designers have wrestled with this for years but it just won't go away. Which is pretty depressing. There are still a few lone biscuit inventors, like myself, who strive for the elusive third way, but we're pretty much dismissed as crackpots."

peapod
biscuit designer eh? any relation to intelligent designers

manda
What about spider cookies? great Dunking factor, and really tasty too...Macaroons are what some, less creative types call them

zenfisher
How about these...?

www.famousfoods.com/magrfamacrco.html (external - login to view)

bevvyd
Hey Pea, I thought a national or provincial cookie/biscuit idea was too cool, so I let Mr. Christie in on it. Seriously, but I gave you all the credit. Haven't heard back from them yet, prolly busy working on provincial designs and packaging. Think what this could do for social studies!

peapod
Gosh bevski :P Mr. christie, I am star struck although bevski, its not really my idea, I gots it from another message board

missile
If Mr.Christie isn't interested,you could try the Keebler Elves

peapod
keebler elves sound like alot more fun than mr. christie. I mean elves are usually up for anything.

bevvyd
Hey it's a great idea, regardless of who it came from. When Mr. Christie calls I'll let him know, can't be taking credit for some one else's idea, not that they are going to shower us with money or endorsements or anything, but still it's the honest thing to do.

Oh and Rev, I found a bad of ginger snaps in the cupboard last night, prepared a pot of tea, and chowed down big time, you forgot to mention that they are highly addictive. But your right, they are excellent drunkers and hardly any cookie crumbs in the bottom of my cup.

bevvyd

keebler elves sound like alot more fun than mr. christie. I mean elves are usually up for anything.

But are they Canadian? Just give me the link and I'll email them.

peapod
Speaking of elves, an interesting group they are, plus when not making cookies, they part-time it as santa's lil helpers...its union pay tho.

"In the beginning the Elves created the Tree. And the Tree was empty and hollow, and cold inside. And the Elves said, Let there be heat: and there was heat. And the Elves saw the heat, that it was 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degrees Celsius: and the Elves divided the heat from the rest of the Tree. And the Elves called the heat Fire, and the Tree they called Home. And there was dough, and there were cookies: the first snack."
"And the Elves said, Let there be an axe, to divide the wood from the wood. And the Elves made the axe, and divided the wood from the wood: and it was so. And the Elves called the wood Fuel. And there was dough, and there were cookies: the second snack."

"And the Elves said: Let the heat within the Tree be kept in one place, and let floor space appear: and it was so. And the Elves called the floor space Kitchen; and the gathering of the heat called they Oven: and the Elves saw that it had preheated. And the Elves said, Let the kitchen bring forth dough, the workers yielding labor, and the chocolate chips yielding fat after its kind, whose calories are in itself, upon the hearth: and it was so. And the kitchen brought forth dough, and workers yielding labor after their kind, and the chocolate chips yielding fat, whose calories were in itself, after its kind: and the Elves saw that it was yummy. And there was dough, and there were cookies: the third snack."

"And the Elves said, Let there be brands in the Tree to divide the crackers from the cookies; and let them be for marketers, and for wholesalers, and for retailers, and consumers: and let them be for sweets in the hollowness of the Tree to give obesity upon the earth: and it was so. And the Elves made two great brands; the greater brand to rule the cookie market, and the lesser brand to rule the cracker market: they made other brands also. And the Elves set them on the supermarket shelves to give obesity upon the earth. And to rule over the cookie and cracker markets, and to divide the one from the other: and the Elves saw that it was profitable. And there was dough, and there were cookies: the fourth snack."

"And the Elves said, Let the oven bring forth abundantly the many items that hath fat, and cookies that may induce sugar highs in the open forum of the free market. And the Elves created great pie crusts, and every filling item that hath fat, which the oven brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every sugary cookie after its kind: and the Elves saw that it was dominant. And the Elves blessed their creation, saying, Be profitable, and fattening, and fill the airwaves on the television, and let sugar multiply in the hyperactive. And there was dough, and there were cookies: the fifth snack."

"And the Elves said, Let the earth bring forth the living consumer after his kind, children, and couch potato, and every thing that muncheth upon the earth after his kind: and it was so. And the Elves made the munchers of snacks after his kind, and children after their kind, and every thing that lieth like a slug in front of the tube after his kind: and the Elves saw that it had potential. And the Elves said, Let us make cartoons in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the wholesaler of the warehouse, and over the retailer of the supermarket, and over the customers, and over all the earth, and over every couch potato that vegetateth upon the earth. So the Elves created cartoons in their own image, in the image of the Elves created they them; static and animated created they them. And the Elves blessed them, and the Elves said unto them, Be popular, and multiply, and saturate the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the wholesaler of the warehouse, and over the retailer of the supermarket, and over every couch potato that vegetateth upon the earth. And the Elves said, Behold, we have given you every kitchen bearing dough, which is upon the screen of all the earth, and every chocolate chip, in which is the fat of a chip yielding calories; to you it shall be for profit. And to every consumer of the earth, and to every retailer of the product, and to every thing that vegetateth upon the earth, wherein there is a market, I have given all fresh dough for profit: and it was so. And the Elves saw everything that they had made, and, behold, it would ensure a secure retirement. And there was dough, and there were cookies: the sixth snack."

"Thus the Tree and the marketplace were finished, and all the host of them. And during the seventh snack the Elves ended their work which they had made; and they rested during the seventh snack from all their work which they had made. And the Elves blessed the seventh snack, and fortified it: because that during it they had rested from all their work which the Elves created and made."

Natalie Overstreet

peapod
okay okay!!!! my bud is visitin me, and I am showing her this board, tryiing to con her into joining..Blah! the crow will not join, but she gots something to say about cookies...here she is :P I luv this broad!!!

Here I am. She does not LOVE me but luvs me. I'm no lesbo here.
Anyhow, my cookie addictions are pure but true. Rather Godly like actually. I like arrowroot Bickies cuz they're good for a baby with no teeth, good for a middle aged but hot broad like me (with teeth) and excellent for old broads (like Peapod) who have to gum it all the way. OK just kidding about Peapod being ancient, but remember when Rome was built? Well Pea Pod was an adv
isory to how it should be built !!! JUST kidding again. Goota run now and serve some old fart an nice HARD cookie.

Lou-Lou