National cookie or biscuit

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Me thinks canuckland needs a national cookie, or biscuit as bigh says. Bigh and his chocolate hobnobs...biscuits I mean...as in cookies 8O
Besides the yummy factor the cookie/biscuit must have a good dunking qualitites. None of those cookie/biscuits that crumble into the bottom of the cupa when dunked! We need a cookie/biscuit that can suck up the cupa and not crumble...name your cookie/biscuit for the esteemed postion of national cookie/biscuit....

side note: no jaffacakes bigh :?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
....mmmmmmmmmmmmm very good cookie/biscuit vanni. Not sure about the dunking factor...perhaps zen and edge could do a test....right now I am testing dog biscuits in my cupa, not tasty, but not bits in the bottom of da cupa. I tried another chocolate covered cookie/biscuit, but I licked the choclate off first, which undermined the dunking factor :oops:

May you crackers never go mouldy :wink:

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
I prefer to dunk Peak Freans, be it Sugar Cookies or Shortbread Cookies they stand up to the best cup of tea, well that's been my experience anyways.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
Oh and I totally agree that we need this national/provincial cookie. Oh oh oh we could collect all provinces and territory, oh the marketing possibilities.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
yes rev gingersnaps do work good, but the dunkin has to be timed just right, here is a tip about gingersnaps, wizz a few around in a food processor, and than add the crumbs to gravy...yummmmmm

tim bits...are they allowed or are they classified as cake, also trying to dunk the tim bits is a wee bit awkward....a toothpick is required. 8O

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
National cookie? Its gotta be the maple leaf shaped, maple syrup shaped cookie, no??? But dunking is highly overrated imho.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I have dunked those mike, and it works well...you may be on to something...however they do not go well with baked beans..the combo is a well known combust on da island.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
If you really want to blow body parts apart,try eating cheddar cheese and baked beans together. just don't go anywhere near polite society for a day or two.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
peapod said:
I have dunked those mike, and it works well...you may be on to something...however they do not go well with baked beans..the combo is a well known combust on da island.

Cookies with baked beans???? I always knew you left coasters were a strange bunch. :p

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
peapod said:
Okay bigh...lets hear it! name your crisp/biscuit :lol:

I'm not too fussed on biscuits, lil' p - probably something chunky and oatmeally. I'm also partial to the occassional choc/nut cookie thing. Never, ever dunk though. Terribly common.

Remember this?

"The call came late one afternoon. I remember it because I had just been trying to invent a new biscuit. Ever try that? Ever wonder why there isn't a wider variety of biscuits available? Just try inventing one and you'll have your answer. Biscuits basically fall into two catergories; plain and sandwich. Okay, you get some coated with chocolate, or sprinkled with sugar, or with bits in, but basically there are two types. The problem for inventors is that as soon as you take it out of two dimensions and buid it up, it becomes a cake. Biscuit designers have wrestled with this for years but it just won't go away. Which is pretty depressing. There are still a few lone biscuit inventors, like myself, who strive for the elusive third way, but we're pretty much dismissed as crackpots."

:lol: