Happy Thanksgiving Day !! :-)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Wishing all that celebrate (and those that don't ) a wonderful Thanksgiving day holiday weekend.

make it special... :color:

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Happy Thanksgiving Da

likewise. gobble gobble.
Could not find a turkey smiley.

Are you going away Ocean? or just hanging around town? Myself I am going to Chilliwack for dinner Sunday.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Happy Thanksgiving Da

no1important said:
likewise. gobble gobble.
Could not find a turkey smiley.

Are you going away Ocean? or just hanging around town? Myself I am going to Chilliwack for dinner Sunday.

just hanging around home.... for the entire weekend. Might go for some "retail therapy" on Sunday..;-)

but do plan to pig out on pumpkin pie loaded with whipped cream.....;-)

(couldn't find any pumpkin smilies either...... We gotta talk to the powers that be......;-)

Have a great one No. 1 :)

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Nascar_James said:
Looks like many folks are celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving tonight (one day sooner than expected). Pretty quiet on this site.

Don' t you wish we could move the US Thanksgiving up to right about now? Thanksgiving and Christmas are too close together, don't you think? Besides, the weather is nicer this time of the
year. AND the Texas/OU game could be over Thanksgiving. Wow.
Think about THAT.

Uncle

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
unclepercy said:
Nascar_James said:
Looks like many folks are celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving tonight (one day sooner than expected). Pretty quiet on this site.

Don' t you wish we could move the US Thanksgiving up to right about now? Thanksgiving and Christmas are too close together, don't you think? Besides, the weather is nicer this time of the
Think about THAT.

Uncle

Yeah, that would be nice uncle. However, considering the Sooners lost at the Cotton Bowl, and an awful performance at that, it would have ruined my Thanksgiving. What a bad loss. The 100th game between the Sooners and the Longhorns and we got massacred. Well, the Red River Rivalry shall continue...actually I prefer to call it the Red River Shootout, especially after that loss!!!

Getting back to Thanksgiving, look on the bright side of having Thanksgiving at the end of November. It puts us in holiday mode, getting us ready for Christmas.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Nascar_James said:
unclepercy said:
Nascar_James said:

Think about THAT.

Uncle

Yeah, that would be nice uncle. However, considering the Sooners lost at the Cotton Bowl, and an awful performance at that, it would have ruined my Thanksgiving. What a bad loss. The 100th game between the Sooners and the Longhorns and we got massacred. Well, the Red River Rivalry shall continue...actually I prefer to call it the Red River Shootout, especially after that loss!!!

Getting back to Thanksgiving, look on the bright side of having Thanksgiving at the end of November. It puts us in holiday mode, getting us ready for Christmas.

Sorry, James, but hook 'em, horns.

Uncle

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Ok but what are we thankful for.

I am thankful for my son, Andy, who is the most amazing kid. I am thankful for my new job and the awesome friends I have made there. I am thankful for marijuana, of course.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
Happy thanxgivin everyone.

As for those pumpkin pies I make them but I use the mini tart shells and call them pumpkin pielettes (pronounced pie-lets). Squire some Cool Whip and it's a two bite pumpkin pie, freezes well and are awesome for lunches.

And speaking of lunches, what do you all do with your left overs? I create little hot turkey pouches (turkey and gravy) and freeze them for a later date.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Happy Thanksgiving Da

Actually had dinner at my mothers last night. Having pork roast tonight for myself. I am disapointed I could not make it to the island......

Well I hope everyone had a good long weekend and enjoys today.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

neocon-hunter said:
Hey Ocean, are the eagles at the brackendale yet? Do you ever go and check them out? I hope to get see them one of these days.

Yes.....they are gathering.....as are the people who come to view them. Awesome critters.. Should go there soon and check out the latest.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle

no1important said:
Actually had dinner at my mothers last night. Having pork roast tonight for myself. I am disapointed I could not make it to the island......

Well I hope everyone had a good long weekend and enjoys today.

Edge & I were sorry we missed you too. No.1. Next time ...we'll be back. :wink: Happy Turkey Day Y'all.