God loves us

proud christian

Sep 26, 2005
Hi All....(its me tim but shh dont tell anyone).

I suppose most of you will have lots to say...and some would say God doesn't love us or who is God?

But i realised that i have been a Christian for over 7 years and i didn't really 'know' God....therefore my idea of LOVE was some what distorted. So what is this love that God has for us..even though we look around us at His creation and see such chaos......even though the good suffer.....what is that all about?

Why does God love us?

Is there a section for christian views, oppinions,insight etc...?
Speak soon
X

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Well, PC, you found the right thread but I do hope your god has blessed you with a thick skin. Many of us will not only disagree with your christian beliefs but you're bound to take a few shots over it. If you are willing to debate it though, more power to ya!

Welcome to Canadian Content.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
proud christian said:
Why does God love us?

Answer - maybe the question should be How does God love us? If this is some omnipotent satient being you are talking about, it has an odd way of expressing love. First the Stunami(?) of Asia last Xmas and now a double whammy in the Hurricane zone of the U.S. God apparently loves to drown a lot of people all at once. Don't tell me that it's some great mistery of how God shows love. If God is our Father he sounds like a very disfunctional parent at the least. I would have charges of mass murder brought (or at least child abuse). Lets put this supreme being on trial.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
If God is our Father he sounds like a very disfunctional parent at the least. I would have charges of mass murder brought (or at least child abuse). Lets put this supreme being on trial.

hmm. now , there is an idea. :wink:

( the trial of the mellenium... :wink:

(btw: isn't pride--as in proud-- a Christian "sin"???? ) :wink:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Pride is one of the big sins, Ocean. So is avarice. Somebody should point that out to the Christian right at some point....maybe one of those TV preachers asking for donations. ;-)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: God loves us

Reverend Blair said:
Pride is one of the big sins, Ocean. So is avarice. Somebody should point that out to the Christian right at some point....maybe one of those TV preachers asking for donations. ;-)

yep, I know that ( Pride/sin thing).......and each time I hear someone say :Proud Amerikan , I think of that. :wink:

followed closely by : "Pride before the fall

if we is gonna get metphorical and all that..... :wink:

Somebody should point that out to the Christian right at some point....maybe one of those TV preachers asking for donations.
I can just "hear" one of them donation collecting preachers now spinning the pride thing to their advantage... :wink: ( as in guilt induction.....

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I'd like to see that, Ocean. They've been working on the part about a camel fitting through the eye of a needle for a couple of millenia now, it's time they told us some new lies.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Poison Said
God apparently loves to drown a lot of people all at once. Don't tell me that it's some great mistery of how God shows love. If God is our Father he sounds like a very disfunctional parent at the least. I would have charges of mass murder brought (or at least child abuse). Lets put this supreme being on trial.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Can I get a Amen Brothers and sisters :lol: :lol:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Reverend Blair said:
I'd like to see that, Ocean. They've been working on the part about a camel fitting through the eye of a needle for a couple of millenia now, it's time they told us some new lies.

they CAN get creative , can't they??? Sometimes it is just too funny. ( and what is funnier still , is that people fall for it..each new lie being perceived as a new "revelation";-)

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
hey Proud Christian, great to have you on here. I, like you, am a proud Christian, Protestant.

Many people don't actually "find god" until they are older. I personally had problems with going to church when I was younger but once I got older I found god, and since have had prayers answered. My advice to you would be to keep with it and eventually you will receive yours........

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net

Hank C Cheyenne said:
hey Proud Christian, great to have you on here. I, like you, am a proud Christian, Protestant.

You better hope that Proud Christian is not a Catholic there Hank, or he'll be praying for your ass to roast in perdition...because you are following false doctrine you feckin' heretic... :twisted:

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
and to the people who are attacking Christian values please don't...... beacuse that IS racist and IS bigotry...... I will not attack atheism.

we can argue about pretty much anything else but attacking a relegion is pretty ignorant.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Hank C Cheyenne said:
and to the people who are attacking Christian values please don't...... beacuse that IS racist and IS bigotry...... I will not attack atheism.

we can argue about pretty much anything else but attacking a relegion is pretty ignorant.

what "we" don't need is a fecking lecture..... :roll: :x

which "Xtian values might you be referring to?? The ones that support killings, wars, based on lies??? The ones that support a lying, sadistic leader??? The ones that ignore the poor and underpriviledged so the rich can rule over them??? the ones that endorse societal classes. ??? ........ad infinitum???? NO ONE has brought any of those up .......

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net

Hank C Cheyenne said:

No actually...I have plenty of reason to take on religion...

Your god is a construct of men, and Jesus never existed...

There, I've said it...

*phew*