What made you unhappy today?

Nascar_James
Quote: Originally Posted by beentheredonethat

Quote: Originally Posted by Nascar_James

Run? Of course not Peapod. Why would anyone run from the poilce. That's silly. They must have changed the seat belt laws or something. I haven't kept up to date. Last I remember, you could only be pulled over for a seat belt violation if you commited another traffic violation. It was considered a secondary infraction. Looks like the laws have changed. Now I need to re-enable the damn warning chimes in my pickup truck so I don't forget the seat belt.

James, James, James,
How could you have possibly missed the campaign "Click It or Ticket?"

Been There

No Been There, I haven't heard of any click-it-or-ticket campaign this month. I do recall they had one several months back. They usually advertise those on TV and the radio, so I would have been prepared and would have enabled the seat belt warning chimes in my truck.

Luckily it was only a warning, so I did not want to engage in further discussion with the officer as he could have changed his mind and given me a ticket.

hmmm ... just thought of something, Been There. The click-it-or-ticket campaign as I recall is a nationwide campaign. What happens in states like New Hampshire where they do not have any adult seat belt law (neither primary nor secondary)? They would surely not be able to enforce a campaign there. My guess is New Hampshire would probably be exempt from the campaign.

Cosmo

hmmm ... bhoour, I suggest you try joining some groups within your church. That is surely one way to meet someone legit, no mystery bag and unconditionally.

Nascar ... why do you assume everyone attends a church? Bit presumptious, I think. Some of us avoid them like the plague they are.

Nascar_James
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmo

hmmm ... bhoour, I suggest you try joining some groups within your church. That is surely one way to meet someone legit, no mystery bag and unconditionally.

Nascar ... why do you assume everyone attends a church? Bit presumptious, I think. Some of us avoid them like the plague they are.

Ooops,... sorry bout that. I guess before the "I suggest" part, I should have added "If you attend church".....

Hank C Cheyenne
lol
But yea seriously church is a great place to meet people.(if you go). Some of my best friends from when I was young grew up and went to the same church.

cosmo we respect your decesions but don't call the church a plague.

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by Hank C Cheyenne

lol
But yea seriously church is a great place to meet people.(if you go). Some of my best friends from when I was young grew up and went to the same church.

He's quite right Cosmo...a plague will wipe out a civilization quickly...the church has been working at it for millenia...

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

Quote: Originally Posted by Hank C Cheyenne

lol

He's quite right Cosmo...a plague will wipe out a civilization quickly...the church has been working at it for millenia...

Andygal
Religion is like a slow growing cancer. It eats away slowly at people's ability to think for themselves and eats away at rationality and tolerence for different ideas about the world.

I would say that most of the world's wars can be blamed at least in part on religion. The Catholic church has commited many many atrcotiies over the centuries.

Religion drives people to do myraids of crazy things. Read my signature.

JomZ
Belief and ignorance is the starter of all evil. Men believed that what they were doing was for God and country, or Allah, or for justice, or for freedom, or for whatever they believe in.

The greatest cruelty of man is their ignorance to the evil that they do. They do it for a belief in their own self goodness and do not know the consequences of what they have done. It is hard to fathom an entire culture could try to exterminate another, but fueled by a blinding hatred and a belief in the goodness that it will bring has led to the Holocaust, The Killing fields of Cambodia, Vietnam, Rwanda, Yugoslavia, Sudan, and so on and so on.

no1important
Religion in a mental illness. No diferent than a cult. It is a cult.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

can't argue that one.

( any "fixed " belief is a symptom of mental illness.....obsession .

belief vs reason. .....etc )

bhoour
Thx for the advice nascar.......but I don't belong to a church, organized religion is not really my scene.
On line dating services scare me , only because thru them I've met some, uh........lets say odd ..........individuals. Hee.
I'm actually still married and in the process of seperating.........
I was having a lonely day and feeling a wee bit sorry for myself, good to know you strangers out there cared enough to respond with advice.
Today is another day.............

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by bhoour

Thx for the advice nascar.......but I don't belong to a church, organized religion is not really my scene.
On line dating services scare me , only because thru them I've met some, uh........lets say odd ..........individuals. Hee.
I'm actually still married and in the process of seperating.........
I was having a lonely day and feeling a wee bit sorry for myself, good to know you strangers out there cared enough to respond with advice.
Today is another day.............

I hear you all too well. I'm trying my best to get my divorce finalized. Not Fun. however, 2 and a half years ago a dear friend of mine moved back to the Island. shortly after my ex walked out, and we started to compare horror stories. Turns out other than being the best of friends, he & I were completly compatable as a pair. neither one of us were looking for anyone else, but we kind of fell into each other's lap. A year and a half later, life is great.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't be on the look out, it's enough to scare anyone. But don't say no to promising opportunities

bhoour
Quote: Originally Posted by Andygal

Religion is like a slow growing cancer. It eats away slowly at people's ability to think for themselves and eats away at rationality and tolerence for different ideas about the world.

I would say that most of the world's wars can be blamed at least in part on religion. The Catholic church has commited many many atrcotiies over the centuries.

Religion drives people to do myraids of crazy things. Read my signature.[/quote[list}

I'd have to agree.
People have religion because they are afraid of the unknown.......... like .....life, & death....
[/list]

bhoour
Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

.....ahhhhh! FINALLY like minded people!!!!!

beks
Quote: Originally Posted by Gonda

Something made you sad today? Piss you off? Hard drive crash? Your kitty's sick? Got dumped?

yeah today and for the last 3 dyas iv been bullied and picked on in another forum, so thats made me unahppy and pissed id say, lol.

bhoour
........the rain...........ugh............i miss summer.

Ten Packs
Quote: Originally Posted by bhoour

........the rain...........ugh............i miss summer.

Don't feel bad - I woke up to an inch of "Shnit" on the ground and more falling - out cleaning the walk at 7:15 - what a crock!

bevvyd
What made me sad was finding out the extension I need to complete a project will take about 10 days to get here. Grrrr.

Edited to add:

And then it will take about 20 minutes to finish.

missile
Two mormons banging at my door

sj007
my head spinning so fast i hit the ground?

missile
If it did a 360....Cool

peapod
I am unhappy coz 007 is back..but where is lil ricky and undergradnitz... I miss my companions

sj007
oh it was more then tht

sj007
i do too pea but i manneged to catch andem on msn

manda
my broked computer

sj007
oh tht sucks

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by manda

my broked computer

What did you do to it?

Twila
Quote:

Two mormons banging at my door

Could have been worse....could have been 2 black cowled figures carring scythes.

What made me sad today? I discovered I'm addicted to Rockets. Yep...its a full fledge addiction. I've been eating them everyday since a week before Halloween. I use to be able to hold off until Halloween and then stop when the bag was done.

But not this year. This year I bought the left over halloween candy discounted....I bought the 1lb bag! I spent $7.00 on this bag of candy.

I was able to hold off until after lunch today before eating some though.....

Anyone know if theres a CAA out there?

Jay
Just eat the bag until it's gone and go cold turkey.

I had to do it with the miniature chocolate bar bag(s)

Twila
I don't know if I can go cold turkey. I'm worried for those who will be around me during the withdrawals........