Favourite Commercial?

beentheredonethat
Recently, I have chuckled over the one where the sexy girl in the elevator has all the men craning their necks to look at her. She reminds me of a young Madonna. Then, when the elevator door closes, she lets out her big pot belly with a sigh of relief. HA! I think the sponsor is Starkist Tuna.

Pretty funny.

Been There

Canucklehead
Favourite Commercial has got to be the Honda Minivan commercial that shows all the different car parts performing a little domino effect. It was created by Peter Fischli & David Weiss and based on their 1987 short (30min) The Way Things Go. Very very cool stuff!

find the commercial here: (sound required for full effect) www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-174.htm (external - login to view)

Nascar_James
Without a doubt, the Ricardo Montalban Maxwell House Coffee commercial.

Twila
My absolute all time favourite commercial was about vaccuum cleaners.

a lady has just finished vaccuming her house and the camera is on her cat sitting on the stairs. The cat sneezes and disappears in a cloud of cat furr. When the haze clears the cat is no longer sitting on the stairs. All that is left is a pile of fur. All over the freshly vaccuumed carpet.

beentheredonethat
Quote: Originally Posted by Nascar_James

Review me on that one. It rings a bell, but I can't place it.

Been There

Nascar_James
Quote: Originally Posted by beentheredonethat

Been There

Ricardo Montalban (he also stared on Fantasy Island) would say ... Ahhh ... Maxwell House Coffee, Good to the Last Drop.

I wonder if Maxwell House has trademarked that expression?

beentheredonethat

Been There

Ricardo Montalban (he also stared on Fantasy Island) would say ... Ahhh ... Maxwell House Coffee, Good to the Last Drop.

I wonder if Maxwell House has trademarked that expression?

Yes, I know who Ricardo Montalban is - he also is in the "Spy Kids" movie as the wheelchair-bound grandfather. I understand he has had serious back trouble almost all his life.

I do remember the cat one with the vacuum cleaner. Generally, I enjoy the pet-related commercials. Remember the dog who was doing a dance for his Kibbles and Bits?

Been There

Canucklehead
Oooo or how about the original HP Cow commerical... Can you imagine...how much I love you... moo moo moo moooooo. thankyouverymuch (bovine Elvis impression)

Twila
Quote:

I do remember the cat one with the vacuum cleaner. Generally, I enjoy the pet-related commercials. Remember the dog who was doing a dance for his Kibbles and Bits?

It's been revived. Kibbles and bits has been replaying it the last couple of weeks. It's a good one.

I'm partial to animal commercials myself.

gopher
My all time favorite commercial = Mean Joe Greene and the Kid.

A CLASSIC!

beentheredonethat
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher

My all time favorite commercial = Mean Joe Greene and the Kid.

A CLASSIC!

That was classic. How many years ago was that? I can't remember every detail, but I do remember the general idea. Very good one, gopher.

Been There

Reverend Blair
The whiskey commercial where everybody is watching the same soccer game in bars all over the world and the player gets kicked in the bag. The reactions of the people watching are perfect.

bevvyd
I like the Nascar commercial where they pit crew steps in to change the baby's diapers. Too funny.

Frappuccino Dibs
What I find amusing is just how crappy American and Canadian adverts are.

Europians must be much harder to sell too, because they seem to put a 100 times more effort into them over here.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

What I find amusing is just how crappy American and Canadian adverts are.

Sure, you find that amusing. The rest of have to sit through them, sometimes the same one twice in one commercial break.

ol' dawg
My favorite commercial never was a commercial - just a ditty some writers bashed around many years ago. It was for Carnation Condensed Milk.

"Carnation Milk, best in the land,
Here I sit with a can in my hand,
No tits to pull, no sh*t to pitch,
Just punch two holes in the son of a b*tch."

Hope this doesn't get me in too much trouble.

no1important
That crazy guy from Dodds on the Island. Cheezy but funny. In my opinion anyways.

missile
I don't have any favourite ad.I hate them all So many to choose from,as to which one I hate the most,but i'll pick the Subway ads with Jared

manda
There was one for Stainmaster carpet that had a cat, dog and mouse up to all sorts of shenanigans.

And the pepsi add that the dog throws the cat on the counterso it gets the blame

Animal commercials are great

Jo Canadian
I'm quite partial to the Trunk Monkey (external - login to view), and the Cat Fan (external - login to view) is funny too, if not just a little mean.

beentheredonethat
I was just looking around for funny commercials, and this one is pretty good. I have never seen it. Have you?

www.funnyville.com/fv/pictures/soccercat.shtml (external - login to view)
Been There

manda

I was just looking around for funny commercials, and this one is pretty good. I have never seen it. Have you?

www.funnyville.com/fv/pictures/soccercat.shtml (external - login to view)
Been There

I've never seen that one before..it's great! I have a miniclip somewhere of one of my cats watching and really getting into America's funniest home videos....it's really funny stuff. If I find it, I'll post it

Cosmo
I have two favourites ... One is the new Dove commercial with REAL women in it. I will now buy their products over any other.

The second has a little leprechaun in a green outfit doing a totally funky dance. No idea what they're selling, but it always makes me couch dance along.

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmo

I have two favourites ... One is the new Dove commercial with REAL women in it. I will now buy their products over any other.

The second has a little leprechaun in a green outfit doing a totally funky dance. No idea what they're selling, but it always makes me couch dance along.

They're selling tropicana twister. My boys get a kick out of that one. Hearing "bring it" repeatedly for 10 minutes after the add is over gets annoying though

GL Schmitt
There is the Fido commercial where a Weimaraner is typing on a laptop, and comes out with “DXNGT BLTRD,” so the Boss advises him to “use a few vowels.”

The dog’s reaction is priceless.

#juan
There is one commercial that I've seen only twice and I'm not even sure what the product is but it starts with the shower curtain rod coming down and initiating numerous events that end with the window air conditioner falling on a car. It is a riot.

GL Schmitt
There are links to two of my favourite feline-themed commercials in Twila’s Something from the Antiboredom Campaign thread in the Fun & Games forum.

If you have not seen them, and your computer is Windows Media or Quick Time compatable, you can see them here.