Favourite Commercial?

beentheredonethat

Nominee Member
Aug 21, 2005
Originally Maxie
Recently, I have chuckled over the one where the sexy girl in the elevator has all the men craning their necks to look at her. She reminds me of a young Madonna. Then, when the elevator door closes, she lets out her big pot belly with a sigh of relief. HA! I think the sponsor is Starkist Tuna.

Pretty funny.

Been There

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
Favourite Commercial has got to be the Honda Minivan commercial that shows all the different car parts performing a little domino effect. It was created by Peter Fischli & David Weiss and based on their 1987 short (30min) The Way Things Go. Very very cool stuff!

find the commercial here: (sound required for full effect) http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-174.htm

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
My absolute all time favourite commercial was about vaccuum cleaners.

a lady has just finished vaccuming her house and the camera is on her cat sitting on the stairs. The cat sneezes and disappears in a cloud of cat furr. When the haze clears the cat is no longer sitting on the stairs. All that is left is a pile of fur. All over the freshly vaccuumed carpet.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
beentheredonethat said:
Nascar_James said:
Without a doubt, the Ricardo Montalban Maxwell House Coffee commercial.

Review me on that one. It rings a bell, but I can't place it.

Been There

Ricardo Montalban (he also stared on Fantasy Island) would say ... Ahhh ... Maxwell House Coffee, Good to the Last Drop.

I wonder if Maxwell House has trademarked that expression?

beentheredonethat

Nominee Member
Aug 21, 2005
Originally Maxie
Nascar_James said:
beentheredonethat said:
Nascar_James said:
Without a doubt, the Ricardo Montalban Maxwell House Coffee commercial.

Review me on that one. It rings a bell, but I can't place it.

Been There

Ricardo Montalban (he also stared on Fantasy Island) would say ... Ahhh ... Maxwell House Coffee, Good to the Last Drop.

I wonder if Maxwell House has trademarked that expression?

Yes, I know who Ricardo Montalban is - he also is in the "Spy Kids" movie as the wheelchair-bound grandfather. I understand he has had serious back trouble almost all his life.

I do remember the cat one with the vacuum cleaner. Generally, I enjoy the pet-related commercials. Remember the dog who was doing a dance for his Kibbles and Bits?

Been There

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
Oooo or how about the original HP Cow commerical... Can you imagine...how much I love you... moo moo moo moooooo. thankyouverymuch (bovine Elvis impression) :lol: :lol:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I do remember the cat one with the vacuum cleaner. Generally, I enjoy the pet-related commercials. Remember the dog who was doing a dance for his Kibbles and Bits?

It's been revived. Kibbles and bits has been replaying it the last couple of weeks. It's a good one.

I'm partial to animal commercials myself.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
The whiskey commercial where everybody is watching the same soccer game in bars all over the world and the player gets kicked in the bag. The reactions of the people watching are perfect.

Frappuccino Dibs

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2005
What I find amusing is just how crappy American and Canadian adverts are.

Europians must be much harder to sell too, because they seem to put a 100 times more effort into them over here.

ol' dawg

Electoral Member
Jun 25, 2005
standing by a hydrant
My favorite commercial never was a commercial - just a ditty some writers bashed around many years ago. It was for Carnation Condensed Milk.

"Carnation Milk, best in the land,
Here I sit with a can in my hand,
No tits to pull, no sh*t to pitch,
Just punch two holes in the son of a b*tch."

Hope this doesn't get me in too much trouble.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
That crazy guy from Dodds on the Island. Cheezy but funny. In my opinion anyways.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I don't have any favourite ad.I hate them all :) So many to choose from,as to which one I hate the most,but i'll pick the Subway ads with Jared :twisted: