Vanni and Rev meet up

peapod
Sure would like to be a fly on the bar wall tomarrow night :P The Rev and Vanni are meeting up for some brewski's Dam! if the fecking airfares to fly within my own country were fecking outrageous, I might be tempted to see the meeting of the titians :P

Reverend Blair
It's just a few beers, Pea. If you want a meeting of the titans you'll have to supply us with free tequila shots.

Nascar_James
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

It's just a few beers, Pea. If you want a meeting of the titans you'll have to supply us with free tequila shots.

Free tequila shots???

Reverend Blair
Not for you, James. We have standards.

peapod
Ouch! you big meanie! well lets see...a case of tequila verus airfare from Victoria to the peg....mmmmmmmm hey come on over I will buy two cases, one being vanni's fav...screech

no1important
Ahh yes. Drinking in the Peg. I had a good many drinking expeirences in Winnipeg.

I remember one drunk in particular. I was drinking with some friends at the University of Winnipeg back in 89. I caught the city bus to get home at 4 or 5 am (they actually had late night service in those days)and when we were on Pembina hwy, I started barfing on the bus and jumped off bus with the driver screeching that I was throwing up on the bus. Like wtf? as if I did not know.

So I don't really know what happened next. Just remembered doing lots of walking. I was wearing boots and a parka. I woke up in some industrial area laying in a snow bank missing a glove, you know what frozen and all over my parka, 4 hours later. It then took me about 3 hours to find the Pembina highway again to catch a bus home. That was one of the worse drinking expeirences I ever had. Good think it was not too cold that night or I know I would of perished or had my hand freeze off. I still can not account for missing time.

Reverend Blair
Falling asleep outside in the winter is never good, No 1. That industrial area off of Pembina highway seems to attract drunk people for some reason. I think they come out of the bars or the university and instinctively head for bad smell or something.

mrmom2
You two better have a couple for old mom there boys Have a good one

Reverend Blair
I think we can manage that, Mom.

manda
have at least 5 or 6 for me, each!

Jo Canadian
Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

So I don't really know what happened next. Just remembered doing lots of walking. I was wearing boots and a parka. I woke up in some industrial area laying in a snow bank missing a glove, you know what frozen and all over my parka, 4 hours later. It then took me about 3 hours to find the Pembina highway again to catch a bus home. That was one of the worse drinking expeirences I ever had. Good think it was not too cold that night or I know I would of perished or had my hand freeze off. I still can not account for missing time.

Reminds me of Drinking in Yellowknife. I had the same problem using a snowbank for a pillow. Luckily some friends found me and thawed me out, I was only down and out for about 15 min but it was -44 with wind and it took me 6 hours to thaw out.

Reverend Blair
That puts you in the Lucky to be Alive Club, Jo.

Andygal
Rev, make sure you drink some for me. I'm not *quite* old enough to drink myself otherwise I'd like to be there.

Ocean Breeze
Have a couple for YT too...

.........and a fun meet... Sounds cool. and "we" want to hear all about it..... ( well, almost all )

Reverend Blair
Hmmm....so far I seem to be drinking 13 beer in other peoples' names. That means I only have to drink 11 for myself.

Jo Canadian

That puts you in the Lucky to be Alive Club, Jo.

You're definetly right. I thought I knew cold until then. Although I did make one typo. It was -44 without wind...I was too drunk to figure the wind chill.

Vanni Fucci
Here, what's this then...

Drinking in other people's names are we?

Well there are, at the time of this posting, 2699 posters on this forum. Assuming that 40% -- and I'll admit that's an awfully high number -- are neocons, to whom I wouldn't serve a cup of piss to slake their fevered greed, then that would mean that I'd have to pound back 1620 or so drinks...

That's an awful lot of Screech, little brothers and sisters...but I'll do my level best... :P

PS Great story No1...

Ocean Breeze

Not for you, James. We have standards.

LOL.....

peapod
wanna bet they pay us a visit later...gooned. :P

Vanni Fucci
...and so the good Reverend learns that Vanni is just a guy...

...cat eye notwithstanding...but I don't think that the Reverend paid much heed to the abnormalities of my pupil....

Sorry Pea...sorry Cos... :P

Cosmo
Well shucks, Vanni, that ain't much for details!!! You're such a guy!

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmo

Well shucks, Vanni, that ain't much for details!!! You're such a guy!

Well what do you want Cos?

My length and my girth?

Reverend Blair
Quote:

but I don't think that the Reverend paid much heed to the abnormalities of my pupil....

You have pupils?

When we were driving home, Mrs. Rev said, "He's a nice guy, I was afraid he'd be like you."

Ocean Breeze

Quote:

but I don't think that the Reverend paid much heed to the abnormalities of my pupil....

You have pupils?

When we were driving home, Mrs. Rev said, "He's a nice guy, I was afraid he'd be like you."

Mrs. Rev is one I would love to meet. Like her already.,,..

Vanni Fucci
Just wanted to say, in a somewhat more sober state, that the Rev and Mrs. Rev are fine people and it was a pleasure to have met them both...

I would think that all those rumours of them being Satan worshipping baby eaters are likley untrue...

Silly Ranters... :P

peapod
Thats it!!!!! There's got to be more.

Reverend Blair
There isn't really a lot, Peapod. We sat in a bar and drank. Sometimes we went for a smoke.

peapod
uh huh...*mutters to self..everything east of lotusland is boring boring*

Reverend Blair
Next time we'll meet for the afternoon jamboree in a peeler bar, Peapod. That way we'll have something to report.

peapod
*mutters* like I said everything east of lotusland boring

sidenote: Yes rev, it is very odd indeed