Vanni and Rev meet up

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Sure would like to be a fly on the bar wall tomarrow night :p The Rev and Vanni are meeting up for some brewski's 8) Dam! if the fecking airfares to fly within my own country were fecking outrageous, I might be tempted to see the meeting of the titians :p 8)

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: Vanni and Rev meet up

Reverend Blair said:
It's just a few beers, Pea. If you want a meeting of the titans you'll have to supply us with free tequila shots.

Free tequila shots???

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Ouch! you big meanie! well lets see...a case of tequila verus airfare from Victoria to the peg....mmmmmmmm hey come on over I will buy two cases, one being vanni's fav...screech 8O

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Ahh yes. Drinking in the Peg. I had a good many drinking expeirences in Winnipeg.

I remember one drunk in particular. I was drinking with some friends at the University of Winnipeg back in 89. I caught the city bus to get home at 4 or 5 am (they actually had late night service in those days)and when we were on Pembina hwy, I started barfing on the bus and jumped off bus with the driver screeching that I was throwing up on the bus. Like wtf? as if I did not know.

So I don't really know what happened next. Just remembered doing lots of walking. I was wearing boots and a parka. I woke up in some industrial area laying in a snow bank missing a glove, you know what frozen and all over my parka, 4 hours later. It then took me about 3 hours to find the Pembina highway again to catch a bus home. That was one of the worse drinking expeirences I ever had. Good think it was not too cold that night or I know I would of perished or had my hand freeze off. I still can not account for missing time.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Falling asleep outside in the winter is never good, No 1. That industrial area off of Pembina highway seems to attract drunk people for some reason. I think they come out of the bars or the university and instinctively head for bad smell or something.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
no1important said:
So I don't really know what happened next. Just remembered doing lots of walking. I was wearing boots and a parka. I woke up in some industrial area laying in a snow bank missing a glove, you know what frozen and all over my parka, 4 hours later. It then took me about 3 hours to find the Pembina highway again to catch a bus home. That was one of the worse drinking expeirences I ever had. Good think it was not too cold that night or I know I would of perished or had my hand freeze off. I still can not account for missing time.

:? Reminds me of Drinking in Yellowknife. I had the same problem using a snowbank for a pillow. Luckily some friends found me and thawed me out, I was only down and out for about 15 min but it was -44 with wind and it took me 6 hours to thaw out.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
Rev, make sure you drink some for me. I'm not *quite* old enough to drink myself otherwise I'd like to be there.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Have a couple for YT too... :)

.........and a fun meet... :) Sounds cool. and "we" want to hear all about it..... ( well, almost all :wink: )

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Re: RE: Vanni and Rev meet up

Reverend Blair said:
That puts you in the Lucky to be Alive Club, Jo.

:D You're definetly right. I thought I knew cold until then. Although I did make one typo. It was -44 without wind...I was too drunk to figure the wind chill.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Here, what's this then... 8O

Drinking in other people's names are we?

Well there are, at the time of this posting, 2699 posters on this forum. Assuming that 40% -- and I'll admit that's an awfully high number -- are neocons, to whom I wouldn't serve a cup of piss to slake their fevered greed, then that would mean that I'd have to pound back 1620 or so drinks...

That's an awful lot of Screech, little brothers and sisters...but I'll do my level best... :p

PS Great story No1... :puke: