Whats for dinner tonight ?

mrmom2
I'm making shepherds pie yum

missile
I reheated cheeseburger! Yummy...

Twila
mrmom, I'm making shephards pie tonight too!!!!!

That's just bloody freaky. Well actually we call out shephards pie Who Hash. But it's the same thing.

Maybe we should just come over to your house instead. lol

missile
Do you make gravy to go with it?We used to have that about once a week back in the days.

Twila
I attempt the gravy thing. It doesn't always work out.

I love real beef gravy, but not crazy about oxo cube gravy and have often just thrown it out cause it doesn't taste as good as the real thing.

Are you coming to Mrmoms for dinner too?

missile
Sorry! I have to play with my new computor Enjoy your dinner,you two

mrmom2
Now that is freaky Twinks but it is the time of year for this kind of dish .I would never try and make it in the summer .I throw in everything from my garden and the kids still eat it :P So its pretty much a staple around here

no1important
Having Duck and I have not figured the rest out yet. Maybe rice.

Twila
I have never knowingly eaten duck.

hmmmm. Maybe we should head to your house for dinner instead No1.

mrmom2
You been hunting already no1 ?I just got back from Quesnel And one of local guys said theres moose every where this year .Got his buck first day of the season

no1important
Nope not yet. I bought it at the store. quack quack.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

I just got back from Quesnel And one of local guys said theres moose every where this year

We even had one in the city yesterday. We don't usually get moose around here.

For supper, I'm making something from hamburger. I'll let Mrs. Rev decide what. That's assuming she ever gets home.

Nascar_James
Had T-Bone steak and homemade steak fries.

After dinner, had some Cutty Sark on ice.

Andygal
whatever is in the university residence cafeteria. If I get around to going down there.

TenPenny
Do you make the shepherd's pie with lamb or beef?

Do you put corn in it?

A friend of mine, Brit that he is, says that if it's made with beef, it's "cottage pie"....**** retentive, what?

beentheredonethat
Quote: Originally Posted by Nascar_James

James - we are having that tomorrow night. Thursday is steak night. Tonight we had fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, cream gravy, peas, carrots and chocolate cake. You eat like I do.

Been There

Nascar_James
Quote: Originally Posted by beentheredonethat

James - we are having that tomorrow night. Thursday is steak night. Tonight we had fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, cream gravy, peas, carrots and chocolate cake. You eat like I do.

Been There

BeenThereDoneThat, the dinner you had sounds better than mine! Haven't had fried pork chops in awhile. Tomorrow night my wife's making southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. That reminds me ... need to go out and buy some sweet biscuits tomorrow.

beentheredonethat

Been There

BeenThereDoneThat, the dinner you had sounds better than mine! Haven't had fried pork chops in awhile. Tomorrow night my wife's making southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. That reminds me ... need to go out and buy some sweet biscuits tomorrow.

Sounds mighty good to me. BTW, call me by my "first" name - Been There. James is a special name in our family. My husband's father's name was James. My first boyfriend's name was James, and my son-in-law's name is James.

Been There

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

as in Peking Duck???

( what street are ya on??

( having cheese and mushroom omelet....and salivating about the duck...

Nascar_James

Quote: Originally Posted by Nascar_JamesQuote: Originally Posted by beentheredonethatQuote: Originally Posted by Nascar_JamesHad T-Bone steak and homemade steak fries.
After dinner, had some Cutty Sark on ice.James - we are having that tomorrow night. Thursday is steak night. Tonight we had fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, cream gravy, peas, carrots and chocolate cake. You eat like I do.
Been ThereBeenThereDoneThat, the dinner you had sounds better than mine! Haven't had fried pork chops in awhile. Tomorrow night my wife's making southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. That reminds me ... need to go out and buy some sweet biscuits tomorrow.Sounds mighty good to me. BTW, call me by my "first" name - Been There. James is a special name in our family. My husband's father's name was James. My first boyfriend's name was James, and my son-in-law's name is James.
Been There

Quote has been trimmed
Yup. James is indeed a common name, Been There. I have also known a few folks with James as a last name.

mrmom2
Oooo a healthy dinner tonight Chili Dogs and Fries

#juan
Tonight, it's hamburgers off the barbeque with fries and all the fixings. The book I've got says that anything cooked on the barbeque is non-fattening... I believe it..

Ten Packs
I'm making a "breakfast dinner" - pancakes, with a big bratwurst sized sausage for her, and 4 bacon strips for me. Just right for a cool, cloudy day.

bevvyd
I love breakfast for dinner. It is THE best IMO.

no1important
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze

Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

as in Peking Duck???

( what street are ya on??

( having cheese and mushroom omelet....and salivating about the duck...

I actually bought a frozen Brome Lake Duck (external - login to view), one of Quebecs finest exports. ha ha

Actually T&T sometimes have fresh duck or if I go to Chinatown I can get a fresh one, other than that I have to buy frozen.

But anyways I thawed it out, cut it up and BBQ'd it Korean style. It came out really good. I actually get so sick of chicken, so I have duck a couple times a month as a treat. Sometimes I buy the already BBQ ones from T & T but I prefer doing them myself.

peapod
Well I just ate a bucket humus, used a big wooden spoon to shovel it in to...and ehm...300 grams of olives...yum!

mrmom2
Pizza Hut Yuck damn kids always wanting to eat that junk

Nascar_James
Had two fried beef and cheese burritos (also called chimichanga) and nachos, salsa with orange habanero peppers on the side.

peapod
thats called a heart attack on a plate :P

Nascar_James
yikes ... that explains the higher heart attack rates amungst Mexicans living here...