Whats for dinner tonight ?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Whats for dinner toni

mrmom, I'm making shephards pie tonight too!!!!!

That's just bloody freaky. Well actually we call out shephards pie Who Hash. But it's the same thing.

Maybe we should just come over to your house instead. lol

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I attempt the gravy thing. It doesn't always work out.

I love real beef gravy, but not crazy about oxo cube gravy and have often just thrown it out cause it doesn't taste as good as the real thing.

Are you coming to Mrmoms for dinner too?

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Now that is freaky Twinks but it is the time of year for this kind of dish .I would never try and make it in the summer .I throw in everything from my garden and the kids still eat it :p So its pretty much a staple around here :wink:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

I have never knowingly eaten duck.

hmmmm. Maybe we should head to your house for dinner instead No1.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
You been hunting already no1 ?I just got back from Quesnel And one of local guys said theres moose every where this year .Got his buck first day of the season 8)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I just got back from Quesnel And one of local guys said theres moose every where this year

We even had one in the city yesterday. We don't usually get moose around here.

For supper, I'm making something from hamburger. I'll let Mrs. Rev decide what. That's assuming she ever gets home.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC

whatever is in the university residence cafeteria. If I get around to going down there.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Do you make the shepherd's pie with lamb or beef?

Do you put corn in it?

A friend of mine, Brit that he is, says that if it's made with beef, it's "cottage pie"....anal retentive, what?

beentheredonethat

Nominee Member
Aug 21, 2005
Originally Maxie
Nascar_James said:
Had T-Bone steak and homemade steak fries.

After dinner, had some Cutty Sark on ice.

James - we are having that tomorrow night. Thursday is steak night. Tonight we had fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, cream gravy, peas, carrots and chocolate cake. You eat like I do.

Been There

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
beentheredonethat said:
Nascar_James said:

James - we are having that tomorrow night. Thursday is steak night. Tonight we had fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, cream gravy, peas, carrots and chocolate cake. You eat like I do.

Been There

BeenThereDoneThat, the dinner you had sounds better than mine! Haven't had fried pork chops in awhile. Tomorrow night my wife's making southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. That reminds me ... need to go out and buy some sweet biscuits tomorrow.

beentheredonethat

Nominee Member
Aug 21, 2005
Originally Maxie
Nascar_James said:
beentheredonethat said:
Nascar_James said:

Been There

BeenThereDoneThat, the dinner you had sounds better than mine! Haven't had fried pork chops in awhile. Tomorrow night my wife's making southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. That reminds me ... need to go out and buy some sweet biscuits tomorrow.

Sounds mighty good to me. BTW, call me by my "first" name - Been There. James is a special name in our family. My husband's father's name was James. My first boyfriend's name was James, and my son-in-law's name is James.

Been There

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Whats for dinner toni

no1important said:
Having Duck and I have not figured the rest out yet. Maybe rice.

as in Peking Duck???

( what street are ya on?? :wink:

( having cheese and mushroom omelet....and salivating about the duck... :wink:

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
beentheredonethat said:
Nascar_James said:
beentheredonethat said:
Nascar_James said:

Been There

Sounds mighty good to me. BTW, call me by my "first" name - Been There. James is a special name in our family. My husband's father's name was James. My first boyfriend's name was James, and my son-in-law's name is James.

Been There

Yup. James is indeed a common name, Been There. I have also known a few folks with James as a last name.