My daughter is a brat!!

Said1
While saying good night to her dog, I heard my daughter her say "OMG, the dog is dead, he's not breathing....Jay!! Jay!!"

Being the pillar of clam and strength, I run into the room yelling "What's wrong with the dog!!???" only to find her laughing her *** off!!

Brat, who is teaching her such things!!

That's all, carry on.

mrmom2
Bwahahahahahahah my kids pull that kind of stuff on there Mom all the time They used to try it with me till Dad blew his stack end of problem Now its moms problem :P

p106_peppy
you're a terrible parent

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by p106_peppy

you're a terrible parent

Bite me.

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by mrmom2

Bwahahahahahahah my kids pull that kind of stuff on there Mom all the time They used to try it with me till Dad blew his stack end of problem Now its moms problem :P

That's basically what I did. I told her that was a little "carried" away and NOT FUNNY!

mrmom2
Thats right peepee I'm fecking terrible thats why all the neighborhood kids come play here What would you know about parenting anyways

Reverend Blair
I know exactly enough about parenting to have studiously avoided having children.

That sounds like the kind of thing I used to teach my nieces and nephews, Said. You don't have a brother who shows up and reads them Hunter Thompson for a bedtime story, trains them to bring him beer as soon as they can walk, and encourages them to park your truck way out in the middle of field, do you?

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1

Being the pillar of clam...

The pillar of clam? CLAM? That's one of the funniest typos I've seen in a long time. Wonderful visual image goes with it. Good one, Said1, hang on to that one, it's a winner.

BTW, as one of six children myself, and the father of several more, I can assure you that at a certain age, all children are brats. No doubt it helps if you can be a pillar of clam...

manda
My kids will pull stunts about a lot of things, but death is not one of them. My oldest is a hopeless prankster, but cried for over an hour, and on more than one occasion when his pet spiny mouse died. I can't say much, i bawled when I was 17, not 8, when my albino mouse snoopy died.

You should have seen he and I when one of our kittens died a month and a half ago

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister

Being the pillar of clam...

The pillar of clam? CLAM? That's one of the funniest typos I've seen in a long time. Wonderful visual image goes with it. Good one, Said1, hang on to that one, it's a winner.

BTW, as one of six children myself, and the father of several more, I can assure you that at a certain age, all children are brats. No doubt it helps if you can be a pillar of clam...

Really?? My only exposure to chiildrennn haz bin wit my one and olly dotter. How long does this stag las? When kin I cpect her to leeve home...age 12-13.

PS: I hope those 5 other kids I get paid to work with don't show up.

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

I know exactly enough about parenting to have studiously avoided having children.

That sounds like the kind of thing I used to teach my nieces and nephews, Said. You don't have a brother who shows up and reads them Hunter Thompson for a bedtime story, trains them to bring him beer as soon as they can walk, and encourages them to park your truck way out in the middle of field, do you?

My uncles were bad, I mean REALLY bad, so was my mother and father and so on. Practical jokes are a way of life in our family, if you can't take it, you won't survive.

The "dog is dead" joke was a little much, but the overall tone of my thread was not serious, forgot the smilies.

manda
My family wasn't big on pranks....neighbours...yeah,I got my fair share pulled on me. my oldest is really bad with Whoopee cushions, joy buzzers etc. He wants me to have a girl so he can teach her everything he knows...why? apparently because "nobody ever expects the girls"

Vanni Fucci

My uncles were bad, I mean REALLY bad, so was my mother and father and so on. Practical jokes are a way of life in our family, if you can't take it, you won't survive.

The "dog is dead" joke was a little much, but the overall tone of my thread was not serious, forgot the smilies.

Yes, that's all very interesting Said1, really, but do you ever wake up in the morning with that undeniable feeling that you are no more, nor less than a pillar of clam...just waiting to be shucked?

:P

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

Yes, that's all very interesting Said1, really, but do you ever wake up in the morning with that undeniable feeling that you are no more, nor less than a pillar of clam...just waiting to be shucked?

:P

Nope. I live in a fish tank with a fancy castle that makes bubbles.

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by manda

My family wasn't big on pranks....neighbours...yeah,I got my fair share pulled on me. my oldest is really bad with Whoopee cushions, joy buzzers etc. He wants me to have a girl so he can teach her everything he knows...why? apparently because "nobody ever expects the girls"

Whoopee cushions......praise the dog for chewing both of them to smithereens!

bevvyd

Really?? My only exposure to chiildrennn haz bin wit my one and olly dotter. How long does this stag las? When kin I cpect her to leeve home...age 12-13.

Both mine are still at home, 19 & 23 and no sign of either moving out anytime soon. And this stage lasts for a couple of years, at least Hang in there, it gets better and worse.

no1important
I don't have any kids but when I need some I can usually borrow a few, as my siblings don't seem to mind sharing, especially during summer break.

Reverend Blair
Most annoying practical joke ever? Dump a bottle of dish soap in the back of the toilet.

Second prize? Show when they are away for the weekend and turn everything in the house upside down.

bevvyd
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

Most annoying practical joke ever? Dump a bottle of dish soap in the back of the toilet.

Second prize? Show when they are away for the weekend and turn everything in the house upside down.

Hubby did the upside down thing to one of his sisters and then bombarded with them stuffed animals when they walked in the door. He did so many nasty little things to all his nieces and nephews and their parents while babysitting I would not let anyone of them look after my kids.

manda
I'd be ok with the upside down thing, as long as they cleaned under the couch as they did it

Dexter Sinister

How long does this stag las? When kin I cpect her to leeve home...

Um...assuming you mean, how long does this stage last, and when can you expect her to leave home...

My experience is that there's a stage around age 2-3, which you've no doubt heard of as "The Terrible Twos," when they first get seriously self-propelled and talking and thinking in the abstract. The next rotten stage happens with that first toxic rush of hormones as adolescence begins, about the age your daughter is, and lasts until the late teens when, we hope, certain more adult behaviours will begin to appear. But it doesn't really end until they leave home and find out what life is really like when they have to do everything for themselves. That's when the reward for your parenting efforts comes due, and that stage lasts for the rest of your life.

Unless, of course, you've made a really bad job of it and the kid turns into a nympho-lesbo-killer-*****...

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister

How long does this stag las? When kin I cpect her to leeve home...

Um...assuming you mean, how long does this stage last, and when can you expect her to leave home...

My experience is that there's a stage around age 2-3, which you've no doubt heard of as "The Terrible Twos," when they first get seriously self-propelled and talking and thinking in the abstract. The next rotten stage happens with that first toxic rush of hormones as adolescence begins, about the age your daughter is, and lasts until the late teens when, we hope, certain more adult behaviours will begin to appear. But it doesn't really end until they leave home and find out what life is really like when they have to do everything for themselves. That's when the reward for your parenting efforts comes due, and that stage lasts for the rest of your life.

Unless, of course, you've made a really bad job of it and the kid turns into a nympho-lesbo-killer-*****...

Nice.

Anyway, I wasn't seriously asking for your advice. I can't spell worth a ****, but I'm not that daft.

Vanni Fucci

I can't spell worth a ****, but I'm not that daft.

Seems to me you've spelled it just fine... :P

Twila
When my daughter was 3yrs old she was at the mall with her father (long haired tattoed, pierced, rings and necklaces, and built like a brick **** house) and decided to try her first practical joke.

She started to scream "your not my dad" at the top of her lungs. Freaked her dad right out.

Thank fully we were in Langford and everybody at the mall knew her dad.

Her second practical joke was done to a poor innocent old lady who had just said "what a beautiful little girl" the lady was kind of bent over and my daughter looks up at her and spit in her face. Again, not a good practical joke but 3yrs olds aren't always known for their sense of humour'

She's better now. Almost 14yrs old. Her sense of humour is wicked and she understands what is a real practical joke and what isn't. Thank God!!!!