Dark days and brothers

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well guys I am gonna be away for awhile, seems me papa's operation has been moved up to wednesday. My papa has cancer, but hopefully all will be removed, I already told my papa I will take that surgeon out if he does not do a proper job :twisted:

Now I have to collect all my ammo....as my entire clan we be under one roof. I need my baseball bat, my brass knuckles, and whatever to stay alive for the next little bit.. gwad!! under the same roof with me brothers, not since the bunkbed days I tell ya 8O 8O 8O

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
What can I send to help with the accomodation with the brothers? I know what you're saying all too well. Grab a syringe to poke the doc with if he isn't good to your papa, and let us know how he's doing. My mummy is a 2 time cancer survivor, so I knows the feeling well

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: Dark days and brother

Pea ... so sorry about your Pops. It amazes me that your family can be bickering so whole heartedly one minute then as soon as there is a problem, you all pull together. Pretty cool.

It's the shits when the parental units get old and infirm! It's the way it's supposed to happen, I guess, but not easy.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Ya gots ta keep the faith Pea and your Pops will be fine give your brothers hell.Were all going ta miss ya :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:cry: :cry: blah! don't be getting all mushy on me :twisted: I not leaving until tonight, so I plan on popping in just to stir the pot a few times today.
Yes cosmos we love doing the bickering, specially when me brothers lie outright about their fishing. :twisted: They still watch WWF...feck me! they been doing that since they be boys! I don't like it when they try those dumb ass moves on me and my sisters :twisted:
Funny innit, my parents live in Nanaimo, but my papa has to go to Port Alberni for surgery. Another one of gordon campbell's bits, wonder if his meals will come from halifax 8O
Although its kinda funny, me papa having his surgery where we grew up. Thanks momsy, not to worry tho...frito's clan lives in Port Alberni, they been just like kin to us, so there should be some good bickering in the waiting room :twisted:

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Glad to hear things are OK Pea. Tough to deal with the failing health of our parents. Ack. Makes being an orphan look good!

So I guess you're back to not speaking to your brother again? I mean it's only been a year since he threw those peanuts at you! And since he refuses to apologize, it's certainly understandable that you would go back to the silent treatment now that your Pops is okay. ;)

Your family is hilarious ... dysfunctional in an Ozzy Osbourne sort of way. In fact you'd make a far more interesting TV show than they did!

We want Peapod's Family of Origin stories, please! Like the time "somebody" broke into your brother's house (while you were passed out) and tried to steal the stereo? ;) And wasn't there one about panties in a bottle of booze???? Can't quite recall the details on that one, although I do recall they weren't your undies!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Feck me! you gots a good memory!!! never mind with the family history :twisted: and yes to this day my brother still won't tell me how he got someone's undies in that bottle of gin I found his closet....hey ma! come and look at this :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now listen up! I already told you this...he did not throw peanuts at me....he FIRED them at me...like they were a hard ball :twisted: get it! Now there is a difference between just throwing peanuts and fireing them at someone...little so and so :p

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Most important that I forgot to mention, Port Alberni regional hospital, You Rock! I have never met more kinder careing people, than the staff at that hospital, some I even knew from high school 8) Seriously, the staff were wonderful there.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
peapod said:
Most important that I forgot to mention, Port Alberni regional hospital, You Rock! I have never met more kinder careing people, than the staff at that hospital, some I even knew from high school 8) Seriously, the staff were wonderful there.

Thank goodness for universal health care, eh Pea... :wink:

Glad to hear everything's fine with yer papa though...I'll hoist one in both your honours... :wink: